chimaera

God of the Forest

My Ideal man?

-Humble and modest but confident

- Funny but never at anyone else's expense (he doesn't make fun of people)

- Kind, compassionate and empathetic

- Spiritual but not religious (Believes in God)

- Wise and smart but doesn't think he is above anyone for being smarter

- sees me for who I am

- very romantic

-can be sexual but doesnt need sex

EggplantWitch

For me it goes something like this:

• Willing to be celibate
  • Has a good sense of humour
  • Sympathetic to the struggles of others
  • Generally compassionate
  • Patient
  • Understanding (in relation to my anxiety, and also in relation to my friendships with other men)
  • Not too touchy-feely but not totally distant either
  • Doesn't think having biological kids is that big of a deal
  • You know, actually likes me? That too

Added bonus: has freckles, which appears to be the only thing I consistently find attractive in people. Asides from that I don't have a type in terms of appearances at all!

Added added bonus: Swimming in cash.

FlaafyTaffy

Can I make a slightly off topic response to this? Are you not asexual? Why would sex be necessary to make a relationship a real relationship and not just a friendship? Are people who are FWBs actually in relationships? If it's what you want, that's okay, I am just really curious as to your thinking and feelings on it.

Galactic Turtle

Someone who will fit in well with my family and who can be my friend. With those two things I hope everything else will fall into place eventually.

SorryNotSorry

Basically, the female version of myself, but somewhat better-looking.

• kind

asexual/willingly celibate

touchy, but not clingy

modest, but intelligent

not extremely religious

Compassionate and sympathetic

Patient

Understanding

Open to adopting or fostering children

Likes animals, preferably cats and horses

Night owl

Sense of humor

Chocolate

Is okay with a writer's schedule

damage_case

Im a real pessimist with zero self esteem... so when I type this... I feel ashamed n awkward. I should have perfect 10/10 qualities first.. and I should work on that. But hopefully if she has these... that'd be a bonus:-

• Down to earth. She should be adjusting in nature.
  • Into fitness and health. Being physically fit is very important.
  • Hopefully she should be into music in a fanatic way. If shes into rock n roll/heavy metal that'd be a bonus
  • She should understand what hardships are. If she wouldve gone through a personal tragedy or years of depression etc and come out of it... then she'd understand me better.
  • She believes in equality. Not chivalry. 'Equality'. Both pay. Both respect. No one is entitled to respect or anything because of their gender. However, should understand the difference in gender roles and responsibilities are there for a reason. And not everything is a fight for power.
  • Should be a jokester. I love when a woman smiles and laughs.
  • Her world shouldn't fall apart if she doesnt get married/have kids. I find raising kids a huge responsibility and stress... and Im someone who takes a decision and works hard at it. But its such a monumental task that I just dont want to take that decision. And marriage is a man made business transaction... has nothing to do with love... so if it has to happen, it has to happen for a reason.
  • Should be an atheist. A complete atheist.

sexual (yes, I'm one of those people who believe a romantic relationship without sex is just a friendship and that sex is necessary to reach a certain level of intimacy for the relationship to last).

*Reads the opening post.. is instantly offended by the OPs claim that every romantic asexual who answers this thread is not actually looking for a romantic partner, as their ideal partner will almost always be someone who is also asexual or willingly celibate*

Were you intentionally trying to take a stab at asexuals who desire romance without sex or did you miss a few key words like "for me personally, if I had a sexless relationship it would only be friendship, because I personally feel sex is an integral part of my romantic relationships"

Obviously it's still a romantic relationship if no sex is involved, if both people are in romantic love with each other and make the decision to be in a relationship together. Sex isn't what makes a relationship romantic as opposed to ''just being a friendship'', it's the feelings involved (ie romantic ones) that make it romantic. Otherwise everyone who has ever fucked a friend or a stranger they met at a bar must be in love with that person.

Asexuals still create deep levels of intimacy in our romantic relationships with other aces, we just do it in ways other than sex. Asexuals just don't intrinsically link sex with intimacy, yet we are still perfectly capable of loving, intimate, long-term romantic relationships (if that is what we desire and we meet the right person)

By what you're saying, every sexual who has amazing, regular sex with their romantic partner is destined for long term happiness with that partner...but it just doesn't work that way because there is a lot more to relationships and intimacy than 'sex', regardless of your orientation (or else no sexual person would have a string of short-term relationships behind them, despite being sexually compatible with most of, or at least some of, their sexual exes)

damage_case

sexual (yes, I'm one of those people who believe a romantic relationship without sex is just a friendship and that sex is necessary to reach a certain level of intimacy for the relationship to last).

*Reads the opening post.. is instantly offended by the OPs claim that every romantic asexual who answers this thread is not actually looking for a romantic partner, as their ideal partner will almost always be someone who is also asexual or willingly celibate*

Were you intentionally trying to take a stab at asexuals who desire romance without sex or did you miss a few key words like "for me personally, if I had a sexless relationship it would only be friendship, because I personally feel sex is an integral part of my romantic relationships"

Obviously it's still a romantic relationship if no sex is involved, if both people are in romantic love with each other and make the decision to be in a relationship together. Sex isn't what makes a relationship romantic as opposed to ''just being a friendship'', it's the feelings involved (ie romantic ones) that make it romantic. Otherwise everyone who has ever fucked a friend or a stranger they met at a bar must be in love with that person.

Asexuals still create deep levels of intimacy in our romantic relationships with other aces, we just do it in ways other than sex. Asexuals just don't intrinsically link sex with intimacy, yet we are still perfectly capable of loving, intimate, long-term romantic relationships (if that is what we desire and we meet the right person)

By what you're saying, every sexual who has amazing, regular sex with their romantic partner is destined for long term happiness with that partner...but it just doesn't work that way because there is a lot more to relationships and intimacy than 'sex', regardless of your orientation (or else no sexual person would have a string of short-term relationships behind them, despite being sexually compatible with most of, or at least some of, their sexual exes)

Do you want a partner Pan? What are your ideal partner expectations?

I like the term "life partner," sort of like a best friend but closer, in the sense that you live together and try to build a life together, instead of the sort of best friend who lives across town and you occasionally meet for lattes :) deep love, affection, but a parting with a hug and going off to our own rooms at the end of the day, instead of sharing a bed. Also, someone who's okay with the fact that I really do need to spend time alone, and isn't resentful of it.

starry-night-sky

• is also my (best) friend

humorous (has a similar sense of humor I do because why be in a relationship when you can't laugh with each other?)

introvert

has similar interests

is tolerate and accepting of other cultures, sexualities, opinions etc.

someone I can trust

asexual or willing to be celibate

What are your ideal partner expectations?

Well for me, just the basics. These are mandatory.

• Someone who will give me total emotional and physical monogamy and commitment, forever, and desire nothing less from me in return.

• Someone who loves me deeply, totally, completely, without ever expecting sex from me.

• Someone who is an extreme introvert like myself and has literally no desire to ''socialize'' with anyone other than me. Who has few to no friends other than myself and is happiest like that (because that's how I am too)

• Someone who I can laugh and joke with.

• Someone who understands every aspect of my being and what it means to be.. someone like me. And who accepts and embraces me for that, as opposed to accepting me despite that.

• Someone who will adore me, and who will accept my total adoration of them in return.

• My best, closest, most trusted friend and my romantic partner.

That's it. Physical appearance doesn't matter because once I love someone (love is very rare for me) they are beautiful to me and I worship them physically, regardless of what they look like.

I just feel that it's important to address the issue that I (and another poster) raised, to get clarification on what the OP meant regarding the ''no sex = not romance'' thing... Because if they were applying that to everyone, they have automatically applied that whole ''asexuals can't have real, fulfilling romantic relationships'' thing to practically every person who has or will comment in this thread. As AVEN is the asexuality visibility and education website, I feel it is vitally important to clear up misunderstandings relating directly to asexuality, regardless of the context of the thread, hence why I commented. The OP was probably only applying it to their own personal situation and just didn't word it very well, but hopefully the OP will be able to clarify that one way or another.

damage_case

Do you want a partner Pan?

I am committed to someone intimately and emotionally, so no I don't want one ^_^

What are your ideal partner expectations?

Well for me, just the basics. These are mandatory.

• Someone who will give me total emotional and physical monogamy and commitment, forever, and desire nothing less from me in return.

• Someone who loves me deeply, totally, completely, without ever expecting sex from me.

• Someone who is an extreme introvert like myself and has literally no desire to ''socialize'' with anyone other than me. Who has few to no friends other than myself and is happiest like that (because that's how I am too)

• Someone who I can laugh and joke with.

• Someone who understands every aspect of my being and what it means to be.. someone like me. And who accepts and embraces me for that, as opposed to accepting me despite that.

• Someone who will adore me, and who will accept my total adoration in return.

• My best, closest, most trusted friend and my romantic partner.

That's it. Physical appearance doesn't matter because once I love someone (love is very rare for me) they are beautiful to me and I worship them physically, regardless of what they look like.

I just feel that it's important to address the issue that I (and another poster) raised, to get clarification on what the OP meant regarding the ''no sex = not romance'' thing... Because if they were applying that to everyone, they have automatically applied that whole ''asexuals can't have real, fulfilling romantic relationships'' thing to practically every person who has or will comment in this thread. As AVEN is the asexuality visibility and education website, I feel it is vitally important to clear up misunderstandings relating directly to asexuality, regardless of the context of the thread, hence why I commented. The OP was probably only applying it to their own personal situation and just didn't word it very well, but hopefully the OP will be able to clarify that one way or another.

Nice.

You're an introvert!!! From your posts it seems like your an alpha goddess whose very 'experienced'.

Nice.

You're an introvert!!! From your posts it seems like your an alpha goddess whose very 'experienced'.

I am about as introverted as it's possible to be haha. I am very outspoken online but in meat life I avoid people like the plague :lol:..Yes I am very 'experienced' heh, but I'd disagree regarding the ''alpha goddess'' part... Maybe more of an alcoholic nymph/satyr crossbreed :ph34r:

Can I make a slightly off topic response to this? Are you not asexual? Why would sex be necessary to make a relationship a real relationship and not just a friendship? Are people who are FWBs actually in relationships? If it's what you want, that's okay, I am just really curious as to your thinking and feelings on it.

It's not really off-topic and I understand your confusion. I'd previously identified as an aromantic asexual (I was completely uninterested in sex and romance) until I met someone I am very attracted to (sexually and otherwise) and it was like a sexual awakening for me (I still have some asexual and aromantic tendencies, and that's most likely never going to change).

The thing is, mutual attraction is not enough as I can already see we won't be compatible with each other in the long run...

That wasn't my intention. I just know that this isn't a dating site and I didn't want it to sound like I'm trying to meet someone on this thread. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe it's against the rules?

It can be a romantic relationship if both partners find other ways to be intimate and both are happy with the absence of sex (which asexuals are). Sex is not something most romantic long-term relationships are centered around anyway, but it's the most conventional way to create intimacy.

If you ask me, romantic relationships without sex seem kind of bland (at least from an outsider's POV). My parents have been in a sexless marriage ever since I was born, they are very happy with each other and it works well for them, but when I see the dynamics of their relationship, it's not something I'd want for myself.

By what you're saying, every sexual who has amazing, regular sex with their romantic partner is destined for long term happiness with that partner...

That's not what I'm saying. I know a lot of people who are in all sorts of romantic and sexual relationships and and nobody is destined for long term-happiness. If sex was the magical cure for all relationship trouble I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that, but that's not really the case, is it?

Ah okay it was more just the wording you used then. No I wasn't referring to the dating part (that is correct AVEN is not a dating site) it just sounded from the wording you used like you were saying that asexuals can only have ''friendships'' but not ''romantic relationships'' if they don't want/won't have sex. But actually, you were only applying that to yourself personally (that sex is an integral part of intimacy in a romantic relationship for you) and your wording just sounded like you were applying that to everyone. Glad we got that cleared up ^_^ cheers for the reply :cake:

OMG, my post was an inspiration for this thread! My ego thanks you, OP. I too raised an eyebrow (left one), when I read no sex = no intimacy. Luckily, Pan jumped in and saved the day.

It's very interesting to me to read how other people imagine their ideal partners. I think it's a nice thought experiment for everyone to put this out of their heads and into paper. So do continue.

The whole process, I found, can be slightly awkward. I mean, you're putting all these demands on other people, when you know full well that you yourself are certainly not perfect or ideal.

Prufrock, but like, worse

Tentacles are nice. Complete unfathomable evil is a bonus.

(You think I'm joking, or maybe roleplaying, don't you? Ha.)

• Someone with similar interest

doesn't have to be asexuel but must respect my boundaries (cuddling and kissing is ok but sex is a no-go for me)

not too clingy

trustful and tolerant

Prufrock, but like, worse

Tentacles are nice. Complete unfathomable evil is a bonus.

The man of your dreams? :wub:

Pirates-I-Felt-That.jpg

Definite possibility.

*insert over used 'get u a man who can do both' meme here*

Lulz.

Not sorry.

Hooded_Crow

I want someone I love and who loves me back, deeply. Someone who cares and looks out for me, who makes me smileand laugh and who is genuinely kind. And I found him :wub: it's amazing <3 we've been together 20 months now :blush:

OMG, my post was an inspiration for this thread! My ego thanks you, OP. I too raised an eyebrow (left one), when I read no sex = no intimacy. Luckily, Pan jumped in and saved the day.

It's very interesting to me to read how other people imagine their ideal partners. I think it's a nice thought experiment for everyone to put this out of their heads and into paper. So do continue.

The whole process, I found, can be slightly awkward. I mean, you're putting all these demands on other people, when you know full well that you yourself are certainly not perfect or ideal.

Hey, ideal is in the eyes of the beholder. Nobody's perfect, but I'm sure you're someone's ideal. Being different and finding that person is a bit tricky, that's all :)

Skycaptain

Ideal partner

One who lies on their own side of the bed and doesn't fart

Archived