extended family

binary suns

binary suns

The way I react towards my relationships is like an extended family. I'm dedicated to people who are in my life, like they are family, so when someone wants to be in my life, I do what I can to make sure they're happy.

I don't find romance in that or anything. but it'll likely end up getting me into a relationship with a romantic partner, and I will do what I can to affirm and accent their bond with me.

as such, despite both anticipating and looking forward to such a relationship, would it arise, I'm aromantic. my partner will be my family. my friends and roommates are family in the same way as someone romantically invested in me is. the difference is, a romantic partner will need to find romance in my dedication towards them, so I'll make sure to try to find ways to do that.

GreyWanders

That sounds lovely. Just be careful how you explain it to your hypothetical romantic partner since there's a cultural script in which "they're like family to me" = "There is no way I could ever be romantically involved with that person". One of my partners thought I'd broken up with them when I told them they were family, which was awkward because I had meant it, as I think you do, as a declaration of love and devotion.

Archived