Life as an asexual

i was wondering, what is life as an asexual for you? what is like and what do u do if someone talks about sex in front of you?

It's getting to bed late, going to work, feeding cats, reading, watching too much TV, playing on this site and others, sometimes hanging out with friends watching movies or going to tea ... in other words, it's just having a life. I don't have a human cuddle buddy (I'm not big on touching, etc.), though I do have a purr therapist, nor do I have a partner, but I have friends.

As for how to handle sex discussions? I'm lucky in my friendship group which, on the whole, figure there are a lot of far more interesting things to talk about, like history, science, science fiction and fantasy, and other topics of interest.

Suggestion: Derail the topic with a question about something else, even if it's silly. Get the discussion on a different track, if you can.

damage_case

i was wondering, what is life as an asexual for you? what is like and what do u do if someone talks about sex in front of you?

I dont go by labels. I just walk with life wherever it takes me. I am not a leader of this brigade, nor do I spread the word. I am quite sexual in my thoughts sometimes so it doesnt bother me... and quite frankly adults dont necessarily talk about 'sex'. Its kids n teenagers who are into talking about it. Adults just do it and move on.

i am always surrounded by people who talk about sex when i am at work or on social media, i have learnt to either to zone out and walk away not because i am a prude, it just gets boring when you hear it nearly every day and its the same thing. But it other cases id just listen to what people are saying, but i do put my two pennies worth in if it is necessary esp when it is a discussing but i never talk about myself as they dont know i am ace...

the stuff other people do minus the sex/relationships

i dont bother talking to people and when i do i just ignore any sex talk, cant relate so i have nothing to say...

UncommonNonsense

My life at the moment seems to be split between working and sleeping. I'm pulling so many extra shifts right now that I barely have time to breathe.

As to sexual conversations, when people I'm with go there, I go elsewhere.