BBC Newsbeat asexuality article, 26/4/16

TheSMMG

Just don't read the facebook comments. They're disgusting.

Ahh, the British public. What a lovely bunch...

The article is great though :) thanks for sharing!!

They are the team who do the "Pieces of Ace" podcast here on AVEN

Siimo van der fietspad

Just don't read the facebook comments. They're disgusting.

Apart from 'needs to get hormones checked' the dumb-things-willfully-ignorant-people-say-about-asexuals bingo card is complete.

Was just about to share this. It's in the top 10 most read on the main BBC News website, which is awesome!

Robin is well on his way to being a proper celebrity, reckon he'll be on breakfast TV soon :p

I just saw this on the BBC website and had to check in here to make sure it had been shared. It's great to see these things slowly becoming more frequent in mainstream media :-)

Hey guys. 😊 thanks for the support (I'm Robin from the piece) 😁 I saw it as great opportunity to spread more awareness. I haven't ventured to the facebook comments yet. The YouTube ones have been giving me a laugh 😊. But the ace community has been uniting and setting people straight which is awesome. Thanks

Frigid Pink

I like it, except for the sidebar that says "asexuals don't have sexual relationships," since some "asexual" people may have had sexual relationships in the past or may be in a "mixed" relationship now. I think it's more about the feelings behind the actions vs. the actions themselves, therefore, I think that statement needs to be re-worded to reflect that. Otherwise, great article and great visibility! :cake:

I like it, except for the sidebar that says "asexuals don't have sexual relationships," since some "asexual" people may have had sexual relationships in the past or may be in a "mixed" relationship now. I think it's more about the feelings behind the actions vs. the actions themselves, therefore, I think that statement needs to be re-worded to reflect that. Otherwise, great article and great visibility! :cake:

Yeah asexuals don't desire sexual relationships, though some do have them because some still desire companionship and if your partner is sexual, compromise can work if you're okay with having sex. But yeah it's more we don't desire sexual relationships, not that we don't have them sometimes.

hey its the guys I saw in Birmingham once that I called 'the daily mails'

Archived