Spot with asexuals in Spain

Baikal Balkash

Baikal Balkash

In Spain a firm of mattresses made an spot with asexual characters, which are also people in the asexual spectrum as they didn't want actors for the spot.

The spot is respectful and handles asexuality with care.

Ostia! This is really good, I didn't expect it!

So a lot of visibility is going to be spread in Spain thanks to this matress spot on TV. I puted English closed captions in it:

This is the short version, wich appears on television:

There is a new line in this summary, where Lucía Lietsi says: "It is possible to say it, without more, yes: I'm asexual"

In this advertisement appear Lucía Lietsi, the author of the book: Diario de una asexual (Diary of an asexual) and Javier León Gómez, author of the book: Asexualidad ¿Se puede vivir sin sexo? (Asexuality, is it possible to live without sex?).

Now a lot of journalists are contacting them after watching the advertisement, to interview them and other staff related to visibility.

sir octepus tea

this is friggin amazing. I love it. these news made my night

Yes :), We have a commercial guys :) I almost never thought that might happen

:D I forgot to say that the asexual people that appear decided what to say in the commercial. There wasn't a script.

UncommonNonsense

Awesome! Now if only an ad like this would air in North America!

I think we are all a bit dazzled by having an add on TV. People report having seen it on the most viewed channels in prime time.

XDDDD It's a bit scary and at the same time a very good feeling. There are of course some trolls in a forum known to attract the worse of the worse and some comments on a newspaper that first published it saying stuff like "what a pity they don't know what they miss" but all in all it's not yet creating really bad backlash. *crosses fingers* I hope it'll keep bringing good stuff rather than bad.

• 2 weeks later...
scarletlatitude

Merged two threads that both had this

scarletlatitude

World Watch mod

Archived