• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Cinnamon Biscuit

Sensual Asexuals & Sex

Cinnamon Biscuit

Simple naive question incoming, so please don't be too harsh on me.

I've seen all over the forums asexuals talking about their tolerance for sex or lack of pleasure. I was curious if sensual or highly sensual asexuals are more likely to enjoy sexual acts or sex? Not that they desire or seek out sex, just that they might find more pleasure from sex than an asexual who isn't very sensual. In other words: are sensual asexual more tolerant of sex/sexual activity because it's not completely boring? Or do sensual asexual still struggle or tire of sex because they would rather be cuddling or eating cake?

I have no experience in this department, so I'd love to hear from others.

Also, please don't turn this into a debate about who can and can't enjoy sex/sexual acts. I just want to hear about people's experiences.

Amedot

Oh, for sure. I have definitely enjoyed sex with someone I love for the sensuality of it all, being physically close and smelling, touching, sensing is apart of sex. In my previous romantic relationship I would initiate sex not only because it would make my partner feel good, but because I would be getting sensual attention.

pinkroses

I suspect I might be sensual. I like touching and cuddling and being close to a partner. thats a good question biscuit.

Fire & Rain

I'm very sensual with my partner and orgasms are great but the sex itself is still the most boring part if you ask me. I prefer non-sexual touching and I'd rather be doing anything else. Like it's physically enjoyable, sure but damn it's so boring. I could achieve that same level of physical enjoyment so much faster if I was masturbating. So sex is like unnecessary in my POV but for my partner it's meaningful and intimate.

Autumn Season

I like relaxing touch, so sexual acts are not for me.

Grinchmer

I suspect I might be sensual. I like touching and cuddling and being close to a partner. thats a good question biscuit.

I second this.

scarletlatitude

I imagine it would be easier to have sex with someone if you have a strong sensual relationship. Even if you aren't desiring the sex, you may desire the very close closeness that happens in that moment. Instead of having sex for the sexual contact, you're doing it for the emotional connection.

Of course I am a virgin and an ace so that might all be bs. :P

Cinnamon Biscuit

Oh, for sure. I have definitely enjoyed sex with someone I love for the sensuality of it all, being physically close and smelling, touching, sensing is apart of sex. In my previous romantic relationship I would initiate sex not only because it would make my partner feel good, but because I would be getting sensual attention.

Thank you so much for sharing Amedot! That makes me happy that you were able to enjoy intimacy through sensual means :D

Thank you!

Haha, I think you are Pink :) Liking touch, closeness, and cuddles is being sensual. I'm really big on physical affection myself, I can be a bottomless pit for it :3

I'm very sensual with my partner and orgasms are great but the sex itself is still the most boring part if you ask me. I prefer non-sexual touching and I'd rather be doing anything else. Like it's physically enjoyable, sure but damn it's so boring. I could achieve that same level of physical enjoyment so much faster if I was masturbating. So sex is like unnecessary in my POV but for my partner it's meaningful and intimate.

Thank you so much for your reply! I can see how certain touch isn't preferable or as satisfying. Do you find non-sexual touching important for you physically or emotionally?

I like relaxing touch, so sexual acts are not for me.

Good point. I like cuddling myself because it's super relaxing and destressing.

Maybe sex by nature is vigorous, but can't some sexual acts be calm or relaxed?

I imagine it would be easier to have sex with someone if you have a strong sensual relationship. Even if you aren't desiring the sex, you may desire the very close closeness that happens in that moment. Instead of having sex for the sexual contact, you're doing it for the emotional connection.

Of course I am a virgin and an ace so that might all be bs. :P

That's more or less my theory, just not sure about in practice. I can get emotional energy from physical touch but that doesn't mean I enjoy having my eyeball licked :D I'm not even sure about french kissing (never saw the appeal of it).

Hopefully some more asexuals will chime in :)

Specialkay

Hmm unsure if I'm late here to the point of awkwardness, but I found this particular thread interesting and wanted to put in my two cents ^_^.

I appear on the demi-sexual side but I think more sensual than sexual. I love sensual contact from my partner, and cuddling and sensual touching is great. It's warm and relaxing and plain feels nice. As for sex, I agree with above in that it would be much easier to have it if one is already sensually inclined. Sounds too straining for a small amount of pleasure though.

GLRDT
On 4/16/2016 at 0:03 AM, Cinnamon Biscuit said:

Simple naive question incoming, so please don't be too harsh on me.

I've seen all over the forums asexuals talking about their tolerance for sex or lack of pleasure. I was curious if sensual or highly sensual asexuals are more likely to enjoy sexual acts or sex? Not that they desire or seek out sex, just that they might find more pleasure from sex than an asexual who isn't very sensual. In other words: are sensual asexual more tolerant of sex/sexual activity because it's not completely boring? Or do sensual asexual still struggle or tire of sex because they would rather be cuddling or eating cake?

I have no experience in this department, so I'd love to hear from others.

Also, please don't turn this into a debate about who can and can't enjoy sex/sexual acts. I just want to hear about people's experiences.

I'm a highly sensual gray asexual. I still get bored, struggle, and tire with sex and would rather eat cake, but I do like physically being close to my boyfriend, just more preferably not so close he is inside me if I had my way!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I'm a highly sensual and asexual.

I am very sex repulsed. I'd rather just eat cake and cuddle!

Rhaenys

I'm highly sensual but I could only have it during the honeymoon phase of the relationship cause to do it with one person over and over to a point it's expected seems so boring.

OpticCanoe

I'm a highly sensual person as well. Be it with someone that I've only just met or someone that I've been with for a while I really enjoy the sensual stuff, even stuff that could be considered sexual I guess. But actual sex I'm not a fan of at all, but I had a sensual relationship with someone for a while I could imagine myself enjoying sexual acts more for the sake of closeness with that person, but this is all hypothetical now