The influence of masturbation on drowsiness

Mike_Rophone

Mike_Rophone

I saw a post that kind of inspired this on here a bit ago. People say that masturbating before bed can help you fall asleep. I feel like every time I masturbate before bed, I end up awake longer than I would have been. Can anyone else relate, or is it something that you do solely to help you sleep? You can even comment if it has no influence on your sleep.

Also, I'm curious about another thing. I'm a very curious person, and I don't ask too many questions on here, but to those of you that see the questions I do ask, do you think they are all weird? I'd really appreciate your feedback on this.

All responses are helpful. Thanks!

If I masturbate during the day it often makes me drowsy, however if I masturbate at night then I usually stay awake longer than I mean to because I repeat masturbate.

Your questions don't seem weird, just curiosity, curiosity should always be encouraged.

For me it's the other way around. If I feel tired or drowsy(especially during the day) it makes me more inclined to masturbate.

melancholy-sweet

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I will masturbate and that sometimes helps. Self-stimulation is kind of utilitarian in that respect for me.

Doesn't affect my sleepiness either way. However, the only time this ever happens is during interactions with my partner, and when I'm with her, I'm a lot less likely to want to sleep in general, even if I am tired >_>

If I masturbate during the day, I can focus better and concentrate better afterwards. I become more alert and more aware. However if I do it at night (whether I'm having trouble sleeping or not) I can go to sleep straight afterwards. It seems to achieve whatever I need it to achieve at the time :o

I never really get the urge but i know it helps me in certain situations its as if my body knows what it needs, so it works for me the same way as Panfictosaurus, on the very rare occasions that i cannot sleep it makes me really drowsy and puts me to sleep almost immediately and when i am kinda of out of sorts during the day it will make me seriously alert and together. I can use my "tool" as a tool as it were Ahem! ;)

• 1 year later...
JohnnyDontKnow

I joined just to replay to this and I know it's an old post but here is my two cents! 

I haven't seen your other posts and this one doesn't seem weird to me (seeing that I was searching it lol). 

Masturbating doesn't help me fall asleep but it causes a drained feeling in the morning, requiring an extra zeal to get out of bed. And during the day I'm always feeling sleepy once I'm not active. I exercise regularly and eat (relatively) healthy but I'm a chronic masturbater. I've experimented and realised that it boils down to masturbating because if I don't for at least three days, I wake up feeling well rested and can function behind a computer longer without my eyes closing down on me.

Thanks for a great post!

Your faithful masturbating online buddy (faithful to the masturbating that is lol)

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, JohnnyDontKnow said:

I joined just to replay to this and I know it's an old post but here is my two cents! 

I haven't seen your other posts and this one doesn't seem weird to me (seeing that I was searching it lol). 

Masturbating doesn't help me fall asleep but it causes a drained feeling in the morning, requiring an extra zeal to get out of bed. And during the day I'm always feeling sleepy once I'm not active. I exercise regularly and eat (relatively) healthy but I'm a chronic masturbater. I've experimented and realised that it boils down to masturbating because if I don't for at least three days, I wake up feeling well rested and can function behind a computer longer without my eyes closing down on me.

Thanks for a great post!

Your faithful masturbating online buddy (faithful to the masturbating that is lol)

It's been so long since I've masturbated when I've gone to bed, I can't answer this one way or the other. I think when I did it in bed, it was more of just enjoying the moment, not trying to tire myself out.

On the other hand, if I pleasure myself during my morning shower, I feel extremely drained and wish I could go back to bed.

On the second bold you aren't an AVENite that I called out due to a private message exchange that started getting uncomfortable are you? JK ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For me personally after masturbation, I typically feel more drowsy. There are times where, for whatever reason, it doesn't affect me in anyway; I'm neither sleepy nor wide awake (something that I cannot explain). :blink:

Archived