Brief mention of Asexuality in the ABC (Australia)

PJammaGod

It might be barely two paragraphs but I'll call this a net win overall for any sort of exposure. Asexuality is something so rarely mentioned in Australia that it might as well have a show on the History channel explaining how Aliens were involved. I'm elated even this minor reference exists, it's so very little but it does leave me feeling a little happier.

-PJ

*gasp*

An Australian news blog actually admitted there was an 'A' on the end of LGBTQI?

What is this madness? Am I seeing things?

AceOfShovels

Yay! Australian media finally saying something constructive

Moving this to World Watch.

Skycaptain, musi-rants co-moderator

Yay! Australian media finally saying something constructive

I'm still in shock

Wallflowerbaby13

Thanks for sharing Pjammagod! The article was amazing on the whole! And it was interesting to learn that Asexuality is not known well in Australia,and that their society and school systems are having the same troubles as the u.s.

aussiekirkland

This is a really good article! I think all the definitions were spot on and the points about homophobia and transphobia in Australia certainly hit the nail on the head. I can't believe Australian media actually got it right for once, definitely a success in my books because not only is asexuality recognised, it's defined correctly (surprisingly rare) and we're included under the queer umbrella. This made my day thank you so much for sharing (I'm sharing this on tumblr right away).

Hermit Advocate

*gasp*

An Australian news blog actually admitted there was an 'A' on the end of LGBTQI?

What is this madness? Am I seeing things?

I know! I'm amazed to be included. It's one more positive step in the direction of awareness.

Archived