Annoying things romantics say

Lmaohelpme

**This is basically a copycat thread of Annoying things cis people say, but I really like the thread so I thought I'd make the a romantic version.**

And so the collective rant begins, annoying things romantics say... Have fun!

First one: "I feel do bad for you!"

"You're perfect." Everyone, and I mean everyone, has at least one flaw.

I'm actually romantic, but when my fellow romantics get mushy it drives me nuts. All the 'No I love you more!' And 'cute' nicknames make me wanna vomit.

Morning Glory

"You're perfect." Everyone, and I mean everyone, has at least one flaw.

I agree. I mean, I can sort of relate to them; for example... I know my pets aren't perfect but I love everything about them, including their imperfections, and to me that's what love is. To love someone even with their flaws. So if they say they're perfect in that sense, I'm okay with it, but if they're under the impression that the other person is actually flawless... Yeah that's kind of silly (in my opinion).

Here's one of my "favourites": 'how do you know you don't like it, if you don't try it?' Or 'you'll feel differently when you meet the right one.'

Hrmm... I think I might be missing the point, and now I'm just ranting. ^^; so sorry

"Your life is Frozen without Love!"

I have issues in the meaning of "Love"!!!

"Your life is Frozen without Love!

Oh god, that would drive me nuts!!
ChillaKilla

"You'll change your mind"

"That's so sad!"

"You're just scared of commitment!"

"Hahaha, we'll see!"

"That's so cold."

"You're heartless."

"You're just saying that because you can't get a date."

GloomyGhost

"Not interested in boys? Just wait two years."

(After 9 years
Me: WTF was supposed to happen 7 years ago?)

Lord Jade Cross

My life cant be frozen. Im a fire type >:3

"You're so lucky you don't have to deal with this!" over and over again whenever any of them have a crush

ChillaKilla

"That's just another word for asshole"
"Sounds like a psychopath/sociopath/*insert personality disorder that they have no understanding of here*"

Abelist AND condescending! Whee!

Lord Jade Cross

"You're so lucky you don't have to deal with this!" over and over again whenever any of them have a crush

That makes it sound like they were being forced into it. I thought crushes are supposed to be personal choices?

That makes it sound like they were being forced into it. I thought crushes are supposed to be personal choices?

It's definitely not a choice. I'm demi-romantic, so I occasionally get crushes, although infrequently, and believe me, if crushes were personal choices, I wouldn't have had any.

It's definitely not a choice. I'm demi-romantic, so I occasionally get crushes, although infrequently, and believe me, if crushes were personal choices, I wouldn't have had any.

Are they really that bad? :blink:

Anthracite_Impreza

"You really are a robot"

Why yes, I am a machine, and that's just machine-ist.

I've never had a crush...

I had to choose to trust the one person I fell in love with before I could fall in love with them. It was months after I choose to trust them, when I fell in love with them. Sooo, are crushes that bad?

Lord Jade Cross

I meant a choice as in you get to decide what to do about it. I guess I worded it poorly. Apologies

I meant a choice as in you get to decide what to do about it. I guess I worded it poorly. Apologies

That makes a lot more sense, my apologies if my response seemed a bit harsh. It definitely is a choice whether or not you act on it. While I have had a grand total of 3 crushes in my life (I know, not very many), I've never dated anyone before because I can only be romantically attracted to someone I'm already friends with, and I didn't want to ruin those friendships (and one of them was already in a relationship with someone else).

Are they really that bad? :blink:

I think that depends on who you ask. I personally don't enjoy them because, as already mentioned, I can only feel romantic attraction to someone I'm already friends with. I'm also aware that my chances of being in a successful relationship are very low because I'm sex-repulsed and would refuse to compromise on sex, so I don't think it's worth the effort to pursue a relationship. I also feel like I could be single for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy, so crushes often feel like an inconvenience to me. Even though I'm sort of romantic, I don't think romance is very important and I could easily live without it.

"That's just another word for asshole"

"Sounds like a psychopath/sociopath/*insert personality disorder that they have no understanding of here*"

Abelist AND condescending! Whee!

When people don't understand the disorder ;(

Ace of Amethysts

"You don`t want a (romantic) partner? Are you serious?! You`re going to be pretty lonely without a guy/girl/person..."

"You don't have to be afraid to like somebody!! It's natural and everyone gets crushes!!!"

sadly my moms guilty of this one... I swear she's told me this at least a couple of hundreds of times over the last few months.

not said to me personal but when I read comment on facebook where someone is feeling down for whatever reason and some of their friends comment with. "maybe you just need a girlfriend" "one day you will find real love"

like their love is not real? or like you get a girlfriend and suddenly your depression and all your problems are gone???

makes me so annoyed.

Also I really hate when doctors want to ask "are you sexual active" but instead ask. "so do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?"

like why?

When people say things to their romantic partner like: "you are the reason I'm alive. you're my entire world. I would die without you"

I can't be the only one who finds that totally creepy..

Dodecahedron314

Yesterday I went to a Magic: The Gathering tournament, and there was this super weird (not the good kind of weird either) guy who kept on insisting on making conversation with me (according to a friend of mine who was also at the event, he was almost certainly hitting on me--I'll probably wind up ranting about this in either this subforum or in Gender Discussions), and at one point he asked if I'd gotten into Magic because of my boyfriend. Misgendering me, being sexist, assuming I'm straight, AND assuming I'm in a relationship??? He couldn't have offended me more in one sentence if he'd been trying. (Thankfully I didn't take the bait and say that I don't have a boyfriend though, because that would've been a recipe for disaster. I should have listened to my gut instinct that was telling me to tell him I'm not straight, though.)

"You just wait untill you meet "THE ONE™" then your heart will beat faster too"

That sounds unhealthy.

Yesterday I went to a Magic: The Gathering tournament, and there was this super weird (not the good kind of weird either) guy who kept on insisting on making conversation with me (according to a friend of mine who was also at the event, he was almost certainly hitting on me--I'll probably wind up ranting about this in either this subforum or in Gender Discussions), and at one point he asked if I'd gotten into Magic because of my boyfriend. Misgendering me, being sexist, assuming I'm straight, AND assuming I'm in a relationship??? He couldn't have offended me more in one sentence if he'd been trying. (Thankfully I didn't take the bait and say that I don't have a boyfriend though, because that would've been a recipe for disaster. I should have listened to my gut instinct that was telling me to tell him I'm not straight, though.)

If anyone approaches me that openly I plan to lie through my teeth. Like: "No, I got into Magic because I like watching losers cry when I beat them." Or: "No, my wife hates card games actually" (only if it's a dude flirting though).

I have issues in the meaning of "Love"!!!

Well, I would let it go if I were you

The last wedding I went to, the bride's brother (who I've barely ever spoken to) asked me "So when are you getting married?" I was very tempted to say something awful like "The only man I ever loved died in a car accident last month so I'm not really thinking about that right now" just to make him feel terrible, but I decided to be nice(ish) and respond with "Why would I want to do that?"

Archived