Just realized I am Asexual and I'm so RELIEVED!

Windy Michelle

Hey Windy Michelle (and everyone),

Gah, this is what has been running through my mind these past several months. I am 49 and only discovered asexuality this past year. I am romantic and definitely don't want to die alone, but it's looking like it. I don't mind having sex every once in a while, but I remain unconvinced that I could keep up a "healthy" sexual relationship in the long haul. I am currently in a relationship with a pretty great guy, but I am almost positive our relationship would end if I informed him of my sexual orientation. I am thinking about breaking it off anyway for unrelated reasons but am not excited about "getting back out there" (I was single for 8 years previous to this). So rest assured, you are not alone.

imnotafreakofnature!
17 hours ago, Tracy1 said:

Hmmm! 

I have friends whose husbands have ED.  Because of the reason you described, they too have become very turned off about sex. 

The fact that it takes their husbands' so long to orgasm turns any sexual acts into a chore, and also makes them feel less attractive.

It certainly doesn't make it any easier, especially since I don't want to have anything to do with it in the first place!

Archived