Would you have an online relationship?

Anime Pancake

I think it's cool. I prefer having an online relationship. It's fun and interesting to me. If I had known anyone asexual who would like to have an online relationship, I would prefer to say, " oh yeah, of course!" :D 

So long as I could come visit them and they came to visit me. Long distance doesn't really scare me after my last long term relationship was long distance/online for a large portion of time.

I would be open to an online relationship, mostly because I'm not intrested in many romantic things or sex. I just don't know how to start a relationship online ( or in person lol)

MinorityGamer

I'd be open to having an online relationship. But I would eventually want to meet in person. Also, I have no idea how to start a relationship. :huh:

I guess, maybe. I know a lot about my online friends too and get along with them, but for me a relationship can only be decided as a working one or not if you get to meet the other person in real life. There can be quirks that can be attractive, but just as well annoying and the way to handle these things can only be dealt with if you deal with the person or live with it, be it for a couple of weeks or months. Eventually, if it is supposed to be something lasting, this testing phase would have to happen in my opinion.

I would consider an online relationship to be something akin to "testing the waters", a first step, something like going out with someone after already being attracted to them, so basically getting to know their mindset, preferences, hobbies, and so on. In the end I would probably want to meet the person in question in person. Pure online sounds like a hard or almost impossible task to me since it would feel like something was missing. With friendships, I consider it fine (although I would still want to meet those people I am in contact with at some point), but to me a relationship is something more intimate even if there is literally 0 sex involved (contrary to popular belief intimacy goes way beyond that, in my opinion), and that intimacy cannot be conveyed well through text or voice/video chat. After all, can you virtually cuddle with that someone? :P

I've made friends through forums and penpals. Just friends, but now I would class several of them as close friends 💗

For some reason the thought of online relationships for anything more  just seems so impossibly hard. I think if I get talking to anyone they would just be so disappointed when they met me in realize life. Its not fair for them so I haven't ever done it. I like the idea though :)

I would definitely be internet friends with almost anyone. Maybe I'll date them but it'll 100% be a plotonic best friend type of relationship 

Archived