Turned on and stuff

Ok, I know most of us here are asexual, but does anyone esle get turned on by 'racy' scenes in books/etc?

Also, I know we dont expericance sexual attraction, but can you guys see _why_ other people see other people as being that way? Or is it just oblivious? Not in a bad way, just *whoosh*, over your head?

I have to stop posting 2 questions in a topic. :oops:

:oops: (stomps away to dictionary.com)

racy:

adj. racier, raciest

1. Having a distinctive and characteristic quality or taste.

2. Strong and sharp in flavor or odor; piquant or pungent.

3. Risqué; ribald. <-------

4. Vigorous; lively.

does anyone esle get turned on by 'racy' scenes in books/etc

No way!! :x I get totally disgusted by that stuff!!

And if it gets TOO bawdy, I get freaked out and shut the book and give it to the thrift store/return it to the library the next day :shock:

Ok, I know most of us here are asexual, but does anyone esle get turned on by 'racy' scenes in books/etc?

Nope.

Also, I know we dont expericance sexual attraction, but can you guys see _why_ other people see other people as being that way?

Certainly. A little research into the biology & psychology of attraction provided most of what I needed to know in this area. It's just that emotionally, in this instance, I don't really identify with it.

3. Risqué; ribald. <-------

Risqué is french for "risky" . . . And ehh, what does "ribald" mean? Hehe.

I swear, my friends in real life need to explain this stuff to me instead of just giggling :P

risque: verging on impropriety or indecency : DARING, OFF-COLOR *a risqu* story*

ribald (accent on the rib, not the ald): 1 : marked by coarseness and indecency : OFFENSIVE

2 : characterized by broad indecent humor *a ribald tale* : capable of, displaying, or suggesting rough convivial wit *a ribald mind* *a ribald company*

boa, and merriam webster

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the scene/type. I like Victorian erotica (written during the era, not just set in that period), because it's written beautifully, subtly. Contemporary erotica is so...blatant and gross. Watching racy scenes in movies depend upon whether or not I like the actors and the way the scene is set up. If it seems like a writer just said, 'Okay, we need a naked scene now' then that does nothing for me. If someone else is in the room then I get embarrassed no matter how much I like the actors.

I've done love scenes on stage (and nudity) and neither of those things bother, either. I've done things in the theatre without blinking that I would never consider doing in real life. Go figure.

Cate