#Trans + non-binary problems

Neko-tama

Ok, maybe if she'd said it was because of all the cow hormones in milk and whatever it is about tofu or soy that supposedly does feminine things, but coffee and organic food? That's a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

butterflydreams

I think it's more that "all this trans crap is a bunch of hippy nonsense". And in her mind, hippies like organic food and coffee. Therefore, organic food and coffee makes people trans. I wouldn't think too hard on it though :P It definitely doesn't make any sense.

Major flaw in your mother's theory - I've only had coffee once in my life and I tend to avoid organic food because it's damned expensive. I also shout at the hippies that camp out near fracking sites because they end up in the god damn road and that's where my car likes to go! Still got my trans hat on, though.

I can't believe that not one, but two, "Annoying things trans people say," threads were started for basically no reason. Seriously people? 

butterflydreams
19 minutes ago, dissolved said:

Major flaw in your mother's theory - I've only had coffee once in my life and I tend to avoid organic food because it's damned expensive. I also shout at the hippies that camp out near fracking sites because they end up in the god damn road and that's where my car likes to go! Still got my trans hat on, though.

Hahaha, pretty much same here. They never gave me organic food when I was younger, and forbid coffee from the house. Still turned out trans :P

I love the people who say that if you had just been raised right, you would never have been queer. 

Because I was "raised right". I went to church every Sunday including on Christmas. My father was a pastor. I used to think that Halloween was the Devils holiday, that the Earth was only a few thousand years old, I believed that a woman's place was in the house, I thought that all queer people were monsters and terrible people, I thought that wearing men's clothes was completely against god, ect. 

Guess what I'm still queer, next excuse? 

19 minutes ago, m4rble said:

I can't believe that not one, but two, "Annoying things trans people say," threads were started for basically no reason. Seriously people? 

Should we go drop in for kicks? lol I was just going to ignore them. Oh it's locked, that sucks. Let em keep it please Heart, freedom of speech and all that, it doesn't look mean or anything. 

butterflydreams
7 minutes ago, Evren said:

I love the people who say that if you had just been raised right, you would never have been queer. 

Because I was "raised right". I went to church every Sunday including on Christmas. My father was a pastor. I used to think that Halloween was the Devils holiday, that the Earth was only a few thousand years old, I believed that a woman's place was in the house, I thought that all queer people were monsters and terrible people, I thought that wearing men's clothes was completely against god, ect. 

Guess what I'm still queer, next excuse? 

Like I told my brother: "You can't have a full-sized family without anyone in it being queer. And if you think you do, you just don't know it yet. I can't think of anyone in our family who's gay, or trans, or anything. Well, guess what, someone had to draw that straw eventually, and that someone was me. That's all there is to it."

Just now, Hadley167 said:

Like I told my brother: "You can't have a full-sized family without anyone in it being queer. And if you think you do, you just don't know it yet. I can't think of anyone in our family who's gay, or trans, or anything. Well, guess what, someone had to draw that straw eventually, and that someone was me. That's all there is to it."

Yep, pretty much. It's the same in my family. No one else is queer, well guess what I got all of it. Every single inch. :) 

So the person in question used to be called the black sheep, and now they're just queer :lol:

19 minutes ago, Evren said:

Should we go drop in for kicks? lol I was just going to ignore them. Oh it's locked, that sucks. Let em keep it please Heart, freedom of speech and all that, it doesn't look mean or anything. 

They were started to be mean. The OP said "annoying things cis people say" was offensive so they made threads that said "annoying things trans people say" for no reason other than to push people's buttons.

1 minute ago, ChillaKilla said:

They were started to be mean. The OP said "annoying things cis people say" was offensive so they made threads that said "annoying things trans people say" for no reason other than to push people's buttons.

Ah, of course they did, sigh. 

1 minute ago, Evren said:

Ah, of course they did, sigh. 

Seriously. Sometimes people need to take a seat especially if they're new and act like they want to run the place.

Mychemicalqpr

I kind of wanted to go in there in sarcasm mode and say things like, "Please respect my pronouns.  OMG can you believe how obnoxious and oppressive this is?" 

11 minutes ago, twilightstarr said:

I kind of wanted to go in there in sarcasm mode and say things like, "Please respect my pronouns.  OMG can you believe how obnoxious and oppressive this is?" 

If Heart re opens... I'll help

"What are you going to say to god when you die?"
"Are you sure its not just because of your divorce?"
 to her boyfriend "this is *deadname*, me and him were just talking."

-My mother

Dodecahedron314
2 hours ago, dissolved said:

So the person in question used to be called the black sheep, and now they're just queer :lol:

Eh, not necessarily--my probably aroace aunt on my dad's side of the family is considered to be the epitome of an upstanding citizen, whereas my dad is the cis-est, straightest person ever and still wound up being the black sheep, as it were. 

I prefer the term rainbow sheep :D 

20 hours ago, dissolved said:

TIL dissolved likes to run over hippies.

19 hours ago, Hadley167 said:

Yeah, I remember seeing people like "every family has the gay cousin" and (before I realised I wasn't cishet) I thought "haha not our family!" Oh, how wrong I was. I'm pretty sure my cousin is a lesbian, but I'm not sure. Planning on coming out to her next week and we'll see :P 

Mychemicalqpr

I support rainbow sheep. All of you rainbow sheep are beautiful.

I'd say I'm also one, but technically my biological "grandfather" came out as a transwoman. I almost forgot about her because she and my grandmother divorced long ago, I've never met her, and hardly anyone still has contact with her. Nobody else in the family is out as anything.  

Maybe I could be the shepherd of the rainbow sheep instead.  

23 hours ago, Evren said:

Yep, pretty much. It's the same in my family. No one else is queer, well guess what I got all of it. Every single inch. :) 

*raises hand* I'm the only AroAce in my family as far as I know.. :)

butterflydreams
On 12/7/2016 at 8:05 PM, Chikane-Chan said:

"What are you going to say to god when you die?"
"Are you sure its not just because of your divorce?"
 to her boyfriend "this is *deadname*, me and him were just talking."

-My mother

*ugh* your mom sounds like my mom...stay tough!

When I was talking to my brother about possibly queer family, I immediately thought of my cousins. I had actually met my cousin's husband for the first time this past summer. And I definitely got some ...vibes... off this guy. When I mentioned it to my brother he said, "omg, yeah, I know, I felt the same way." Sadly, aside from my dad, and my siblings, the entirety of the rest of my family is hella conservative, hella religious, and sometimes both. So if anybody in it is queer...they're likely to be jammed so far into the closet...and god knows I know what that's like. It's sad :(

My aunt was bisexual and my Uncle is a lifelong bachelor(I also have a great Uncle who's a lifelong bachelor, but I know he dated a few women when he was younger from what my family tells me). I only have four first cousins and three of them are children, so I'm not sure on that front. The fourth is straight. 

On 28/11/2016 at 4:47 AM, jackdog1 said:

My coworker: "Nah, you just think that way because you haven't gotten any pussy yet"

I know that kind of people (in my case it's like "Oh, one day you will find a man that will change your mind" - sort-of-talk) As if my ideals, view of the world, body and soul were dependent of some magical prince (like it seems to be for many girls). That's when i end up giving up, talking to these people is like talking to a bleak wall. -_-

Actually i have a  a strong relationship with a male friend, which has been for long. He is my special friend, we have a lot in common, but absolutelly NO need of kisses or sex, never was, never will. We 've been together, travelled together, had fun, played music, we cuddle, we play friendly fight, but never more than that. We are strongly connected. Most people we are friends with, they understand we are best friends and usually they dont ask or make comments (sometimes in the world of rock/metal/goth etc some people can be more open minded towards relationships.) But recently one guy we know, not particularly inteligent and with a very narrow mind was spreading around this sort of shit: "She and him are always together, of course they have sex, but they are hiding from everyone!"

I was like "what the f*ck????!" And really really p*ssed off. One thing is they imagine that but they keep it to themselves and their small brains, the other is when they imagine something at the size of their small brains and start spreading it around as if was real. It makes me really mad, not only for the sickening idea, but mostly because the stupid dude imagined something so shallow like if a girl and a guy are together, of course they have sex because these stupid idiots cannot see beyond that. The fact their minds are shallow and small is bad enough, but even worse it's to spread their shit around as a product of stupid imagination turned into gossip

4 minutes ago, Sibemarie said:

I know that kind of people (in my case it's like "Oh, one day you will find a man that will change your mind" - sort-of-talk) As if my ideals, view of the world, body and soul were dependent of some magical prince (like it seems to be for many girls). That's when i end up giving up, talking to these people is like talking to a bleak wall. -_-

It reminds me of the Disney Princess trope... does my build a bear of Toothless count as an animal companion? Also- the prince part- can we just be friends instead? I never liked the whole idea of having to get married etc anyway.

On 2016-12-09 at 7:17 PM, cowgirl326 said:

It reminds me of the Disney Princess trope... does my build a bear of Toothless count as an animal companion? Also- the prince part- can we just be friends instead? I never liked the whole idea of having to get married etc anyway.

This reminds me of an ongoing joke my sister and I have. We have a pact; if a knight in shining armour rescues either of us, she can have the knight if I can have the horse. Same goes for princes. We have no pre-defined protocol for princesses though; my sister's straight, and princesses traditionally come in carriages, which I don't know how to drive :P

Aaaaanywho, back on topic... (and let's try to minimize derailing, this is a fun thread and it would be awesome to keep it going as such).

Once, someone asked me what the word was for "not trans". Very trans 101 kind of conversation, they were looking for the word "cis". So I said so, and they then asked me what "cis" stood for. I told them it wasn't an acronym and we laughed. It later came out in conversation that they had thought trans was an acronym too. Too many acronyms!

Heart's back :D !!!!!!!!! *Glomp*

Archived