• Sociology/human rights/justice/politics/ laws/ religion
    • Biology/chemistry/medicine/pharmacy
    • Arts/music/dance/acting/ photography / Performer
    • Sports/strength
    • Exploring/tourism
    • driving /vehicles/mechanics
    • detective/ logics
    • Sex
    • hand jobs/ builder/ house works/ cleaning/babysitter/caregiver/ caretaker/House holding/unemployed
    • Other (can you tell me?)
  2. 2. are you happy with your job?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
  3. 3. Do people treat you right?

• yes
    • no
    • I have never wondered about it
    • I don't care how they treat me
  4. 4. what are you?

• I'm just an employee
    • I'm a manager
    • I'm the boss
    • I'm my own boss
    • I'm unemployed (tell me why?)
    • I have a high rank
    • I have a low rank
    • I have a medium rank
    • I'm a housewife/househusband
    • other (mind telling me?)
    • paid intern
    • intern
  5. 5. do you have the job you always wanted?

• yes
    • no
  6. 6. what are you ?

• cis
    • Trans
    • genderqueer
    • unsure
  7. 7. did you had the opportunity to study?

• yes
    • no
    • I gave up studying
  8. 8. do you depend on your family?

• no
    • yes
    • I need their help sometimes
  9. 9. do your family depend on u majorly?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes they do
  10. 10. how many jobs do you have right now?

• 1+ (how many?)

This poll is closed to new votes

AVEN #1 fan

I would really like to hear what are your jobs, do you mind telling me? :3

Well, as for me, I'm an student, so, I didn't answer this poll.

Anthracite_Impreza

I'm currently on the sick due to being mental. Yep, I'm such a success.

Work isn't the only way to achieve anything in life tbh

I picked other, because I am a delivery driver.

Anthracite_Impreza

Hard to believe that living in a capitalist society.

Isn't just. :(

Nea Rose Symphony

Customer service in fast food pretty much. Cashier/restocker/food expediter

I work one job but at two locations so I checked off 1+ jobs

Poll = LOL! (if I imagine filling it out and somebody trying to get an idea of my life according of it) - PMing though.

Isn't just. :(

I regard my 2 biggest successes to be:

1. My meets in bristol uk. I do roughly 10 meets a year and they've gone from being tiny to being very well attended. We we had 17 people at the last one I did. I don't make any money from it. If anything it costs me money because we spend all day in either a food place or the pub

2. I've had 3 tunes release on 3 different labels. I have made no money from this either and have probably put 1,000s if not 10,000s of hours into getting as good as I am at making dance music. I'm also playing at one of my favourite raves on the other side of the country in london in a weeks time. None of this stuff has made me any money but it does make me feel awesome.

On the other hand I make roughly £21k a year doing warehouse work which is pretty good for what it is but it's still shitting physical work that I mostly hate. It has allowed me to do the above things though as nothing in capitalist society is free.

Unemployed/pensioner, on long-term disability welfare since my early 30s. It's exceedingly unlikely that anyone other than social services will pay my bills, ever again, meaning I'll live on the level that goes as "poverty" in a wealthy, West European country. I'm fine with that... and economically, I do have pretty much the exact life I like. I really don't need more than I have.

I've faced some negativity from people for this over the years, but not so much that it would overly bother me.

Occupational Hearing Conservationist - technically in the Medical Profession which wasn't a listed option

Love my job

Not the job I dreamed of as I didn't know anything about it until I got it

Not my own boss, though I work independently

Not treated well by employer, but relatively well by clients. Only see employer once, or twice a year, so...

Family is absolutely worthless (though, not sure why it's in a poll about what we do) :)

I teach music - mainly piano, part employed, part self-employed. It's a job with flexible hours and reasonable pay. I get treated well mostly, poorly occasionally. I enjoy helping someone develop their skills and it gives me a chance to use my training as a pianist in my work.

My job; None of the above.

Grumpy Alien

Healthcare. It's a good enough job and people respect me more than how I was treated in my last job. I depend on my mom for some things.

AVEN #1 fan

I've been on disability assistance because of multiple mental illnesses for about 11 years. My physical health is so poor now that I couldn't work for that reason anyway, even if my mental health issues didn't exist. The last job I had was when I was 19, at a coffee shop. Never finished my education unfortunately, also due to my health crap.

Omg, that's terrible, is there someone taking care of you?

I'm a student, but I am taking a business shop. To explain the shop, I go to a technical school. I have it every other week, and all day for the 5 days during weeks I have it (shop week just ended), and I have it until I graduate. So, I picked math and communications (and should have put in psychology because we do some psychographics in marketing), I'm happy, they don't really talk to me, but the ones that do are nice, It's not what I've always wanted because it's not really a job, I'm probably genderqueer, I do study since it's school, I do rely on my family and they don't rely on me, and I have 0 jobs right now.

I have two jobs. One is a paid administration role, and I'm co-owner of a taxi firm

I did have the opportunity to go to university but failed at the end of the second year, so I went into employment.

CatGirl2016

was surprised that education was not on the list :) I look after children its ok but could be better then again sometimes is soul destroying :(

I selected other. My main job is being a full time student, but I also tutor calculus for around two hours a week to get some extra cash. I'm mostly happy with my "job" at the moment but I obviously don't want to be a student forever.

WhenSummersGone

I currently don't work because of my depression or another health issue. I'd like to work and to be treated right. I depend on my parents right now.

I work in electronics, so I guess physics is probably the most accurate?

It's not the job I always wanted, I never really had a calling for a particular job, I know what I don't want to do and that's all. It's not my first job either, I quit nursing after some pretty serious health problems which caused me to faint a few times, the last time straight into my boss' arms, Victorian style. (And also ended up with a hernia + sciatic compression, at the age of 21. Good stuff, that.)

Fast forward 1 year and I get the job (the first after medical leave, I didn't study anything in between) of building/project managing the construction of a laser device in an engineering school. I swear I did not bullshit my way there/didn't make up any credential. It was an odd turn of events.

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

I worked overtime a lot to figure it out, everything went fine, then I took a 1.5 year crash course in electronics because that's what I liked the most and that's how I got there, basically.

1. I work about 30 hours at a food service job/kind of like a server
  2. In the morning before job #1 and on my days off from job #1, I work at horse stables to keep stalls and paddocks clean for about 20 hours per week

I love being around horses so it's kind of okay that I feel like I'm always going to die.

Also, money.

I'm a student who works at a hospital in IT. I like my job. I definitely get treated a lot better than when I worked in customer service. I'm only an intern so it's not the job I dream of. But it's a good job for now.

I'm a PhD student and also a teaching assistant. I study neuroscience and my TA assignment is in Psychology.

I completely misinterpreted that :P

I haven't been dependent on family since a child, though I could never depend on any of them. ;) *I see the word "family" and switch to negative mode*

Squirrel Combat

It's looking up that I could start writing articles online professionally. I'm still working on the professional traveler via hotel and restaurant review blog and National Geographic Traveler.

MyDogsSpots

I'm a dog groomer, I have my own shop and I work alone, so the question about others treating me right (I assume this meant in the workplace) was kinda irrelevant. Though the man I learned how to groom from did not treat me well, he was physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive. Thankfully that was a long time ago and I have not been treated so badly in the workplace since.

Archived