Characters you think might be asexual

improbability

Haven't watched TBBT in forever, but I think Sheldon said something after he and Amy slept together about how it wasn't that bad and they can do it again on her next birthday. So I'd say he's an asexual who doesn't hate sex and is willing to have it on occasion to please his girlfriend, but for the most part isn't comfortable getting physical in that regard.

I can see Monk being asexual, never thought about it, but I can definitely see it.

I've always headcanoned Daryl as being more demisexual demiromantic, but that has more to do with my shipping him and Beth and my favorite Bethyl authors usually adding a sexual element to their fics (although my absolute favorite adds a heavy dose of him being on the asexual scale in her fics). But I can fully see him being ace, or even aro-ace.

I had headcanoned Dumbledore being asexual even before I really knew what asexual was. Now I go more with him being a demihomoromantic ace since he was apparently in love with that Grindelwald guy.

Parker from Leverage I headecanoned as asexual.

Headcannon: Jiro Hitoyoshi, Sasuke, Allen Walker, Juuzou Suzuyo,

Canon: Yuma Kuga, Sans (Undertale)

what about castiel from supernatural.

he did have sex one time but he wasn't really himself, and I am pretty sure he had nog idea what was going on.

Aro/Ace of maybe a tiny bit demi for meg

I think I've found a queerplatonic relationship!

I watched the old Charlie Chaplin movie 'Modern Times' again, and noticed Chaplin had a special relationship to the girl. They are never seen kissing or doing anything physically except hugging. Yet they dream of a future together and absolutely adore each other.

Anybody who's also seen the movie, what do you think? Great example or misguided thinking? The first ever recorded evidence of a QPR?

modern-times_under-text702.jpgModern+Times+(1936).png

Canon: Sans (Undertale)

It's canon? I didn't know that. That's awesome!

There is a series which I love, that is written by Robin Hobb. She's got quite a few novels out, if you don't know her. The one character in her book, named The Fool, but whose name is Beloved appears to be homosexual on the surface, but I actually suspect that he is more asexual due to his relationship with the protagonist, his catalyst, Fitz.

The Fool is my ultimate beloved character of all time, and I identify with him in my own way, and have oft called myself a fool, privately alluding to his character.

Y'all should give her novels a read. They start at The Farseer Trilogy, and excludes The Soldier Son Trilogy. You will be enthralled by her world and character building.

http://www.robinhobb.com/novels/

DevilBurgers

Spongebob Squarepants for sure.

Not Patrick though. If you've seen the movie he says that Neptune's daughter is hot xD

Definitely Castiel from Supernatural. He had sex in one episode but I fully believe that to be the writers of that episode not understanding his character very well, and I also believe that incident to be rape at worst, and manipulative at best. I also sometimes headcanon Dean as aromantic, but not ace.

improbability

There is a series which I love, that is written by Robin Hobb. She's got quite a few novels out, if you don't know her. The one character in her book, named The Fool, but whose name is Beloved appears to be homosexual on the surface, but I actually suspect that he is more asexual due to his relationship with the protagonist, his catalyst, Fitz.

The Fool is my ultimate beloved character of all time, and I identify with him in my own way, and have oft called myself a fool, privately alluding to his character.

Y'all should give her novels a read. They start at The Farseer Trilogy, and excludes The Soldier Son Trilogy. You will be enthralled by her world and character building.

http://www.robinhobb.com/novels/

I love those books too! I agree on the Fool being ace (but Fitz-romantic). Also genderfluid, though Fitz's POV identifies the Fool by male pronouns.

Toby said he's too lazy for it, which would imply he's asexual (other than the fact he's a skeleton).

Aye, the POV is completely from Fitz' side so that skews things a bit. Fitz is a bit homophobic too, though in the new books it seems that he's got over that. I like Fitz-romantic, clever. :P

Toby said he's too lazy for it, which would imply he's asexual (other than the fact he's a skeleton).

Nice, I can relate to him even more :P

Steven Universe has already been brought up, but I can't believe Greg didn't get mentioned! My favourite episode of SU is 'We Need To Talk' because of how much it reeks of asexuality. It's too hard to explain in a way that people who don't watch the show would understand (and you should all watch it, by the way), but the moral of the episode is 'talking is more important than sex' (or more important than the show's metaphor for sex), and even if a relationship contains no sex that doesn't mean it's less important than one which does. I've seen a lot of TV shows and movies and I've read a lot of books, and Greg Universe is by far the best asexual representation I've ever seen even if the word 'asexual' never gets brought up.

That's definitely an interesting way of viewing the episode. Asexual representation never crossed my mind when i saw it (despite me being asexual), but the interpretation given here works, although it's probably not even intentional on the creators' part.

Tobias Reaper or 47. is most definitely asexual

And Tintin , And Captain Haddock aswell ,

Many many more , buttt... thats all for now

The great Nikola Tesla ,

Although not a character to be precise but has been portrayed in a few cartoons from the 1950's but yes he was asexual to his core,

Maybe someone can create a ------ Thread About Prominent Public figures who were and are Aces

asinglecookie

I made a similar post once before, to paraphrase it here -because I'm lazy - Estella from 'Great Expectations' is my heroine. I have a quote from her in my signature. What I said on a previous forum was 'She really stands out against the marriage and romance-obsessed heroines of many Victorian classics. I know she's probably not asexual (it wasn't particularly known in Dickens's time, I don't think), but nevertheless, some of the things she says are extremely relevant to me.

I know, in Estella's case, she was manipulated as a child to believe love was dangerous, which left her unable to feel it. However, she does feel fondness for her adoptive mother, and her friend Pip. She repeatedly warns Pip not to fall in love with her, because she can't return his feelings (advice he ignores). When she does marry, she marries a brute that she dislikes to 'punish' him and make him miserable.

I also like how the ending has been left open. It could be read either way- either that she finally gets together with her dear friend Pip (romantic), or it could just be interpreted that she retains her friendship with him (aromantic). There's a bit where Pip tells her that her inability to feel romantic love is not natural, and she tells him that it is natural in her, which I always found relatable.'

I also commented that Griet from 'Girl with a Pearl Earring' seems to have an understanding with her boss- the painter Vermeer- that's not romantic/sexual. She also has a boyfriend, but she's rather disinterested in him, and seems to simply 'go along' with the relationship. She tries to avoid his marriage proposals. Also, she recognises that he is nice-looking aesthetically, but seems to have little interest in him physically. It's even implied that she doesn't find the physical contact particularly pleasant.

Also, Merida from Brave and Elsa from Frozen. In my head, they're ace. :) Oh, and Remedios the Beauty from the novel '100 Years of Solitude' has no interest in relationships. That's all the one's I can think of atm!

I've always felt that Momoko from the movie/book 'Kamikaze Girls' was ace and demi-romantic.

Also I head canon Papyrus from Undertale as ace with romantic attractions (as Asriel in a comment above pointed out, Sans is canon ace), Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, and Frodo & Bilbo from Lord of the Rings.

Sans can definitely be interpreted as asexual and/or aromantic, but it isn't actually canon, his orientation is still ambiguous. not caring about having sex doesn't make you a certain orientation, you know( I still like the headcanon, though. it's a headcanon that i am using, too).

• 11 months later...
Frippertronics
On 21/3/2016 at 0:55 PM, curved air said:

Could I ask what 'headcanon' means?
Thanks x

Headcanon is when you have a character that is not officially something (like for example Asexual) and that you feel that they could be,

like I headcanon Violet Paige from DC Comics: Mother Panic as Asexual, but they haven't said that in the comics, that she is one or isn't.

BTW i'm currently doing a Headcanon list on comicvine, the list isn't very long now but it definitely will be when I'm done, if anyone's interested here it is: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/regishel/lists/headcanon-asexual-and-asexual-character/65338/

Tintin of course- there is no romance in any of the books and there is no love eather.

The entire Adventures of Tintin series is amazing in that respect.

I think Oswald Cobblepot from Gotham is ace, also Neil and Todd from Dead Poets Society and Consuelo from George Sand's 'Consuelo'. I also think Boromir from LOTR is ace.

lilgroundhog

I guess Data from Star Trek: Next Generation doesn't quite count because he's a robot, though in "In Theory" be does fail at his attempt at a romantic relationship.  I will admit to seeing this episode in a new light now.

Frippertronics
On 19/3/2016 at 0:52 AM, curved air said:

Dr Tony Hill in the TV series of 'Wire in the Blood'.

I have only seen season 1 and parts of season 2 so far but in episode 1 of season 2 his pupil Laura Webster comes aggressively on to him (while she's drunk) and he seems genuinely aroused even though it doesn't go further than kissing and fighting, so that seems to suggest that he is at least not asexual but he could still be grey, if anything else doesn't happen later on the show that I haven't seen.

DesiButters519x

I will always say this, to me Callisto from the Xena/Hercules series is Asexual^^

AnomalyBeth

Granny Weathwax from the Discworld series may be asexual. She is canonically stated to be celibate and she shows disinterest/confusion about romantic attraction. 

somespicynoodles

A good example of canon asexual representation (in my opinion) would be Todd Chavez from Bojack Horseman. He (spoilers) comes out in the season three finale - he never says the word asexual, but I'd guess it's how many of us would've described ourselves before we found out there was a word for it. 

I've also heard whispers that Ned from Pushing Daisies may be ace. I'm not too sure about that - the only reason he never gets intimate with Chuck is because he literally can't within the show's logic. He could be demi, considering that Chuck was the only girl he ever romanced. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

straightouttamordor

Dr. Eldon Tyrell from the Bladerunner movie. And possibly Agent Moulder from the X-Files.

the city of L. A. as depicted specificly the city of angels. bob in twin peaks. jafar from aladin. the animation artist in monty pythons holy grail. the hat worn by indiana jones. the main character dude from moulin rouge. chunk from the goonies. I'm not taking this seriously at all, sorry if that's an affront to someone who is (but I don't think we understand each other)

Maul_Junior

b7f4034a9bde90b97afe0e77c33dce85.jpg

Hudson, from Gargoyles. Also it should be noted that for being a kid's cartoon in the '90s, they were surprisingly progressive, having a confirmed gay character (Lex).

In fact, I'd go so far as to put forward ANOTHER character from Gargoyles as asexual:

360px-Puck.JPG

Puck. All he cares about is his mischief, and his "grand joke" that he plays because of Xanatos' wish.

StrangeStory
On 3/4/2016 at 3:31 AM, DevilBurgers said:

Spongebob Squarepants for sure.

Isn't Spongebob romantically interested in Sandy?

(I think I might be romantically interested in Sandy)

Archived