Characters you think might be asexual

improbability

StrangeStory
On 30/3/2017 at 4:14 PM, Frippertronics said:

Headcanon is when you have a character that is not officially something (like for example Asexual) and that you feel that they could be,

Okay, so would it be okay for me to say that my headcanon - when watching every movie ever made, in the scene where two people wake up in the same bed - is that they just slept next to each other with no sex?

Mafer_Potter
5 hours ago, StrangeStory said:

Okay, so would it be okay for me to say that my headcanon - when watching every movie ever made, in the scene where two people wake up in the same bed - is that they just slept next to each other with no sex?

I guess it would depend in whether they were shown (or whether we were told somehow) they had sex. If no, then I'd say your headcanon is congruent with the canon, which, I'd assume is a requisite for a headcanon be considered as such, instead of an alternative universe.

• 4 months later...
Lex_Barringer
On 4/2/2017 at 6:12 PM, lilgroundhog said:

I guess Data from Star Trek: Next Generation doesn't quite count because he's a robot, though in "In Theory" be does fail at his attempt at a romantic relationship.  I will admit to seeing this episode in a new light now.

Technically speaking, Commander Data is an android and not a robot. Data was fully articulated in the physical sense and had the programming to perform sexual acts. There was an episode explaining this. That there was the twin andriod, Lohr that looks just like data but has malevolent intentions, the one who defied his creator and coding. In another episode, Data's create promised to insert a chip module into his head that would give him human emotions but Lohr wound up with the chip in his head, as the creator was tricked into putting that in Lohr's head.

Technicially speaking; Commander Data while being an android and capable of having a chip put in his head to allow him to feel as a human would, then would be possible for romance to occur but it's also a possibility that it would not. Just as us human have thoughts, feelings and orientations, I would assume Data was also programmed to operate in a specific way which would appear to be a set of orientations to us.

That's an interesting grey area you got into. You might be interested in reading more about the transhumanism projects. Transferring human consciousness into another mechanical or electro-mechanical being or in some cases directly into a virtual reality world in which you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from that and the real world.  The V.R. world would become your reality, essentially.

There are several movies and video games based on this very premise. The most well known on the Steam platform is, "SOMA", which is Greek for the word, "body". 

On another note:

The real difference from a robot and an android isn't just a physical appearance. It's the ability to reason and to learn from it's surroundings and interactions, whereas a robot just follows it's programming and can't actually learn.

Charlie Weasley

I want Sirius Black to be :) Hes more interesting that way. :)

Charlie Weasley

*Even more

Just now, Charlie Weasley said:

I want Sirius Black to be :) Hes more interesting that way. :)

I've always headcannoned Link from The Legend Of Zelda as being aro ace. Because I love the way whenever anyone comes onto him he's like "NOPE" I just think it started as a funny thought that escalated plus it smashes the stereotype of "a guy can't be friend with a girl unless he's slept with her" 

On Sunday, April 03, 2016 at 2:31 AM, DevilBurgers said:

Spongebob Squarepants for sure.

Not Patrick though. If you've seen the movie he says that Neptune's daughter is hot xD

The Spondebob creators said it was cannon so...

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 0:12 AM, lilgroundhog said:

I guess Data from Star Trek: Next Generation doesn't quite count because he's a robot, though in "In Theory" be does fail at his attempt at a romantic relationship.  I will admit to seeing this episode in a new light now.

He has a striking amount of sex though. And that would be more aro than ace. In Star Trek I always thought the most likely character to be ace would be Uhura.

Lord Varys in Game of Thrones.  This is season 4, episode 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudxwhDO0gQ.  At about 1:30, Oberyn asks if Varys liked boys before (being cut; he is an eunuch.)

Dexter is demisexual I guess.  In the first episodes you have flashbacks to what his father said about hiding his lack of attraction to women and whatnot.  He is also in a sexless marriage for most of the show until maybe the last season when he falls in love with this woman that knows his secret about killing the serial murders and likes it or whatnot.  It takes them a while to be sexual which I guess is demisexual.

6 hours ago, bennes1 said:

Lord Varys in Game of Thrones.  This is season 4, episode 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudxwhDO0gQ.  At about 1:30, Oberyn asks if Varys liked boys before (being cut; he is an eunuch.)

Dexter is demisexual I guess.  In the first episodes you have flashbacks to what his father said about hiding his lack of attraction to women and whatnot.  He is also in a sexless marriage for most of the show until maybe the last season when he falls in love with this woman that knows his secret about killing the serial murders and likes it or whatnot.  It takes them a while to be sexual which I guess is demisexual.

That's interesting.

On 04/03/2016 at 5:22 PM, Quasar.w said:

Yes, definitely Spencer Reid!

The doctor seems ace or atleast grey-ace to me.

Kakashi and Itachi from the anime/manga Naruto maybe?!

Link from the legend of Zelda (even though I can't really think of any character from it who has shown sexual interests..)

In my mind: every character unless shown otherwise XD

Yes Spencer! I always saw him as ace. I'd love if the they made it canon. 

Not sure if anyone else mentioned him in the thread, but Daryl from the Walking Dead is supposed to be an Ace according to creator Robert Kirkman. 

WaywardDaughter

Charlie Weasley - Harry Potter series 
Raphael Santiago - Shadowhunters
Castiel - Supernatural 
I'd like to think Sam Winchester (Supernatural) is gray-sexual. Sure we've seen him have sex but only a few times and nowhere near Dean's level. 

I've seen quite a few of the characters I've imagined are asexual on here already, but I'm going to list them anyway because I can't keep a running list in my mind :P

Sirius Black (Harry Potter)

Darryl (Walking Dead)

Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)

Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)

The Hound (Game of Thrones)

Merida (Brave)

Elsa (Frozen)

Dexter (Dexter) and Jon Snow (Game of Thrones) Although I'd guess they're both more demi than flat out ace.

Akuru Akutsu from the recent widget anime series Aho Girl is almost certainly asexual. Just recently started watching it and he's basically me with my normally sarcastic and serious attitude turned up to eleven. His "friend," the female lead who is the titular "Idiot Girl," tries to get into his pants all the time and he's just like, "Get thee to a nunnery, thot!" and chucks her into the stratosphere. He also shows zero interest in any other woman in the show.

I think that it makes sense Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail is Asexual Aromantic. It would fit seeing as he never really shows much interest in juvia. Although he jumps in and saves her from Lyon every time. He obviously cares about her and loves her platonicly, but again he never seems interested in romance or sex.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, improbability said:

Headcanon means "The writers never actually said or implied this, but they've never said it isn't true either, and I secretly like to think it is."

So to use my examples above: Adrian Monk being a romantic asexual is my headcanon, so whenever I watch Monk, I'm watching through a lens of believing that's something I know about Monk, even though the show has never said so. That's going to color my perception of episodes where Monk has a love interest, or talks about his relationship with his late wife.

On the other hand, Jughead being asexual isn't a headcanon; it's canon, because the text of the story has confirmed that it's true. So that's now something that all readers see as part of their perception of Jughead, not just one person's speculation.

In that case, I've always seen Dr Tony Hill in the TV show of  'Wire in the Blood' as aro/ace. I have no way to prove it, but it seems pretty clear to me. His complete lack of insight into Carole's feelings for him seem to me to be aro/ace rather than the aspie trait that people often ascribe to him.
The version of his character in the books is different, however - his aceness seems to be an invention for the television version.

I headcannon Alucard from Castlevania as asexual for 3 reasons:

1. He's confirmed to be romantic to some degree as there's a canon Drama CD (Castlevania: Nocturne of Recollection) that follows the events of SotN. Alucard and Maria are shown to be living together in a house outside of some town, but Alucard seems  kinda distant to Maria despite how much she cares for him. After Maria is almost killed by an incubus named Magnus, Alucard realizes just how much she loves him. He apologizes for being so cold and finally shows some emotion towards her. So yeah... Confirms he's in a romantic relationship... Yet not stated if he's in a sexual relationship with Maria.

2. He even rejected a freaking Succubus in SoTN... A LITERAL freaking demon that according to legend makes no sexual man be able to resist them! That's PRETTY damning evidence if you ask me... That or Alucard has a will of f***ing titanium... I'm going with the aftermentioned than the later...

3. As one fan stated on https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/196885-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night/57132327 : " I know that Maria follows Alucard if you get the best ending. But I highly doubt that means they reproduced or anything like that. After all, Alucard hates the fact that he has cursed blood running through his veins. I'm pretty sure he would go through any means necessary to ensure that he does not reproduce. Plus, he doesn't really seem all that horny, so I doubt he, as a 400-year-old dhampir, would let himself get seduced by a 17-year-old mortal chick. So while I do not think the idea of the two having babies is completely impossible, I do think it is highly highly highly improbable. " So yeah... There's that... But I'm thinking he's just not well interested in sex period... Plus, adoption COULD have happened if Maria wanted a child... But then again this is all speculation...

That is who I headcannon as ace... If I did this wrong, let me know...

• 4 weeks later...
Alexandra Kale
On 14.09.2017 at 8:33 PM, WaywardDaughter said:

Charlie Weasley - Harry Potter series 
Raphael Santiago - Shadowhunters
Castiel - Supernatural 
I'd like to think Sam Winchester (Supernatural) is gray-sexual. Sure we've seen him have sex but only a few times and nowhere near Dean's level. 

Totally agree (except Charlie, because I haven't read books). I would also say that Sammy is gray-asexual. Castiel probably is ace, 'cause he's angel and all that stuff. And about Raphael it's confirmed. He said that himself 😊

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, bennes1 said:

If you ever decide to read the books, he's pretty much asexual. The TV starts deviating from the books at season two, but the novels make it clear that he only has sex with Rita when she asks because it's "what you do" when in a relationship. He even states that he started dating Rita because he knew she wouldn't want to have sex with him (as well as her good cooking and blindness to his lack of emotions, and later one he marries her because of her kids both being like him) and considers sex to be a messy and annoying activity he puts off for as long as possible when in a relationship. In later books, he decides sex feels good enough he doesn't actively avoid it with Rita, but doesn't have any desire to pursue it and would rather do without.

He's also pretty aromantic in the books series. His dad had to convince him to date to keep up appearances when he was a teenager and he keeps track of how long he can remain single before it's best he get a girlfriend again (he has a list of things that is common in serial killers, and being single is one of them. He avoids the things on the list). He never loves Rita either (in the books, I think he starts to love in her in the TV show), not even romantically (Debra is the only person he claims he could love in any capacity, although he does seem to love his daughter Lily Anne after she's born) and mainly sticks around because he finds her to be an easy girlfriend and later on wife.

I think one or two of the Batkids from Batman are commonly thought of as ace. Damian Wayne is one usually (but I mean he's like 10 so...) and Cassandra Cain as well. Also sometimes people make Dick Grayson out as ace but that's a little less common.

Archived