Advice on Asking Someone to Cuddle?

coyearth

Okay, this is really embarrassing and I've probably been blushing for the past few minutes. But here's the situation (it might be kind of long, so thanks in advance to those who are reading it!):

There is this person who was a senior when I was a first year last year. Toward the end of the year, I started having a big friendcrush on them. They knew who I was, but I don't think I was really on their radar until I drew them (with their permission). They loved it and they gave me a hug the next time they saw me. We didn't really interact much after that, though. So they graduated, though they still visit the campus. I've spoken to them twice when they visited, once where they hugged me again. And let me just say, their hugs are so comfy! I'm actually really proud to say that I've been hugged by them before.

Recently, they made a post about professional cuddling. As I have actually thought about what it would be like cuddling them before, I was honestly really excited but unsure. I asked them if they were serious anonymously on tumblr (though I did the same before drawing them so they should theoretically already know I follow their tumblr) and they answered saying that they were. Now I'm kind of freaking out inside because, while I don't know if they mean professional in that I would pay them or professional as in "I'm good at cuddling so come cuddle me", I would cuddle them in a heartbeat and I really really want to message them and ask about it. The thing is, I'm so awkward and this whole situation is sure to be awkward. Not only do we not really know each other too well, I've never cuddled anyone before. I'm not really sure what they think of me, though I think maybe they like me if they're not just neutral to me, but either way I don't want them thinking I'm weird (but again surely they know that I think they're really great?). I'd also want them to know that it's completely platonic because they were definitely a heartbreaker on our campus.
Sorry if any of that seems a little...I dunno. Something. I just feel really strange right now typing all this out and asking for advice lol. But should I maybe message them? How could I word it so that they know all of my concerns (mostly the not really knowing them and the first time cuddling thing) without making it read as too awkward? If you offered professional cuddling and got a message about it from someone you haven't really talked to but kind of know, how would you perceive that?

Thanks again to anyone willing to answer this mess of a post!

If they're seriously going into professional cuddling, then they'd most likely be thrilled if you were to compliment them on their cuddling skills! If you tell them something like that the hug that they gave you was really good, and you really like them as a friend, then I think they'd be really happy to hear that.

I think maybe one option could be to angle it so that you are encouraging them in that their cuddling skills are really good. Or perhaps you could 'offer' to help them practice, although that might come out a little weird since you're a that 'kind of know' stage in the relationship. When I say relationship I mean platonic, by the way. I think that as long as you make sure that they know it's platonic, they'd be happy to hear from you. Well even if it's romantic interest they would probably be happy, but that's obviously not what you want.

Archived