Admod trust  

1. 1. Overall do you trust the admods?

• Yes, completely
    • Yes, somewhat
    • I'm so indifferent
    • Not really
    • Not at all
    • Other....
  2. 2. Which of the following teams do you trust most?

• Administrators
    • Moderators
    • Project Team
    • Declass Team
    • None/Other/Team Rocket
  3. 3. What do you dislike most about the admods?

• Their presence/availability
    • The teamwork
    • Their humour, or lack of
    • Their Jelly Babies, or lack of
    • Their ability to moderate, or do their "job"
    • Their attitude or personality
    • The rules set by them
    • Their clarity or they're not informative enough
    • Their choice in administrators
    • Other....

This poll is closed to new votes

In case you don't know, "admods" is an AVEN term for the admins and moderators.

Something has been bothering me for a while now and that is to do with the admods. I've noticed quite a few expressing their distrust or lack of faith in the admods over the years. This is bound to ruffle a few feathers, but people should be allowed to openly criticise the administrations. Just keep it civilised or else this thread could get exterminated and I'd be one very unhappy stabby huggy insane person.

Not sure what I'm supposed to trust them with? To do their job? Mostly, yeah. I might have less faith in a particular admod but there are rules they need to follow if they want to continue doing what they do and other people are there that can keep each other in line.

Sometimes I think there's overmodding but I don't have any qualms with them. They're necessary for the site to run the way it does.

I don't really trust a particular team more or less because in reality, they're all just people. I put trust in a person, not a title.

Now if they don't like Jelly Babies, I'm hesitant to place trust in them... But more so if they don't like wine gums. I just can't take them seriously then.

I would like to see a comprehensive thesis about how Team Rocket is better than Admods

All this talk of jelly babies is unfair on diabetics

Ugh Admods. They're the worst. Can't trust a single one of them. :p

They are good in general.. but I am glad this Tea no longer is there ;)

Hey Psst did you hear that the admods are actually aliens? I would be very careful with saying bad stuff like that

They might want to have your brains for dinner

*Sits back with a nice cup of tea*

Ugh Admods. They're the worst. Can't trust a single one of them. :P

They are good in general.. but I am glad this Tea no longer is there ;)

I ate her. Not a typo, I swallowed her whole

Hope the tea wasn't warm? Think it would hurt if you swallowed that much hot tea at once.

I TRUST NO ONE.

Hey Psst did you hear that the admods are actually aliens? I would be very careful with saying bad stuff like that

I most certainly do not harvest the human brains of unsuspecting forum-goers to study them for the advancement of my alien species for our subsequential and definite takeover the human race, specifically our conquest of asexual or gray-asexual humans.

...Shoot, I mean, hello! I am a human! :)

Sapphire Rose

Lol I thought this thread would be scary but it's actually hilarious love you everyone

You should really trust the WEBMASTERS... the REAL MVPs ;)

Look. People whining about Admods are just that. Whiners. This isn't their website. This is not their property. They have no entitlement here. They have no authority here. Nobody owes us anything as participants in this forum. This doesn't have to be their playground if they don't like who's in charge. They do not own the servers.

If input can be contributed in a way that is approachable, people in charge will definitely take note of it. If input is reasonable enough, it will be taken into account.

I've seen this garbage on so many sites it's distracting. If somebody doesn't like how this place is run they should go learn to make their own website and run it the way they want. If someone is really bothered about the Admod team, then they are letting one website on the entire internet determine how they feel. That cannot be anybody's problem but their own, entirely.

If one's behavior is getting them flagged or reported then they should change their tone or go to somebody's party where that attitude is respected. Not whine to the Admod team about stupid intricacies of how what they did should technically be allowed or whatever that's a waste of time. I can't believe how much I see garbage like that and I finally get a place to vent about it here, thank you.

There was another thread that got similarly derailed, (one of the many, many trying to define sexual attraction). Everyone derailing it got nudged/warned. Is that going to happen here too?

You know too much. Now you perish.

All they do is sit around eating cake all day. *shakes head* But obviously the cake is a lie... So untrustworthy...

Musical Articuno

Team Rocket for admins, please

Though, as I say that...>.>

I find the whining about admods amusing, as if they have any kind of real power and like they don't have real lives that they care about far more than trying to... what?... screw over some rando internet member with an undeserved warning?? That's just crazy.

I agree with Agate, that the amount of whining, the amount of needless reporting... it's such a waste of time and energy. I feel terrible when I need the mods' help with stuff because I know they're busy as shit and probably not super stoked to get involved with lame internet drama. I just wish other people were equally conscientious of their time.

Musical Articuno

I suppose the phrasing of the question is a bit...iffy? If you're asking if I trust any individual person on this site with anything involving my personal life, the answer would be no because of either A) I have yet to interact with you and form a meaningful connection or B) I tend to not divulge information about myself anyway unless we're at least on first name basis. I would HOPE some people would at least exhibit a similar kind of "caution" with people, but, I can't say that's true for everyone. If you're asking whether I "trust" admods or whoever will do their intended role, then, it's just that. If they do what their role states they should do, then, all I can say is "I expect some level of compliance to maintain order." That isn't so much trust as an expectation of the role. I can only say I hope they maintain order by whatever guidelines are in place, but, as others have said before, they're human too.

I find the whining about admods amusing, as if they have any kind of real power and like they don't have real lives that they care about far more than trying to... what?... screw over some rando internet member with an undeserved warning?? That's just crazy.

I agree with Agate, that the amount of whining, the amount of needless reporting... it's such a waste of time and energy. I feel terrible when I need the mods' help with stuff because I know they're busy as shit and probably not super stoked to get involved with lame internet drama. I just wish other people were equally conscientious of their time.

Yesterday my real life involved making condom stress balls (not a euphemism, I put flour in condoms and tied them up and made them pretty) 10/10 would be phonebound to do it again. But being an admin is fun because I get to meet a lot of cool people from all over the world that I would not have met otherwise. I also found that as a mod I had a forum that I felt was more of a burden than fun (I still love my first forum, T&S, but modding forums takes time) and as an admin I have more time to do the stuff for the site that I enjoy and still have fun with people AND make those condom stress balls.

And honestly, I don't mind reports. I don't like it when we have a lot of reports but I prefer people report things when they start to get of hand instead of letting it go because we can cut things off early and it's less work in the long run.

DannyFenton123

Can I just say, how can you dislike the mod's teamwork?

Those mods, they're working together! Conspiring to make the forums a better place... How dare they? :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I've never had a complaint with a mod and I think they do a pretty awesome job.

The declass team is the worst. That untrustworthy Delta person needs to be demodded for sure :P

In all seriousness though, the staff here hasn't really given me reason not to trust them. I might not know all of them super well, but from what I can tell they seem like good people who are just trying to do their jobs

Archived