Homestuck

Veilfire

Hey all. Does anyone here read Homestuck? There seems to be some asexual inclusion in it (although it can be a tad time-consuming to read through it all) and I was hoping someone else had some thoughts on this.

AceWizardApprentice

Yeah, I've read it. I've been a fan for roughly four years and love it to bits. (Waiting for those finale updates, hope Hussie makes it 'til 4/13.) I agree, there might be at least two characters who are asexual, if they're ever told to be as such. I was impressed that I could relate to some of the characters struggles/reactions since pretty much everything else seems to be hetero-/amatonormative (=you should want to date, get married, have kids and want to devote your whole life around one romantic partner, preferably one of the opposite sex) these days. The characters that came to mind were Tavros and Jake (and a certain someones declaration that romantic pursuits are a complete waste of time given their main mission at hand.) There could be others, but nothing else comes to mind as of yet. It's highly likely that at least one of the characters will be id:d as ace, since one character clearly tried to explain being bi without using said word and another seemed to describe being ace(and/or aro) (which I haven't seen anywhere else), so who knows. I'm hoping for the best, in any case.

Oh right, the webcomic Supernormal Step has an aro ace character in it, and the story's pretty great overall. Just in case you've never heard of it. (I've also read MSPA's Problem Sleuth in its entirety and tried to see everything of Jailbreak.)

Yep I've read it, I just wish it would finish.

I've read it too. Well, almost, anyway... I'm not up to speed.

In regards to asexual represantation, then I wouldn't be surprised if some of the characters were aces, but it's been so long since I read it, and most of it before I came to the conclusion that I was asexual. I would have to reread it in order to pick up on the clues (and that's quite a mouthfull...)

(And I would really love for Tavros to be asexual, since he's my favorite :D )

I've read it and liked it for the most part but it started to drag out at times with the mass amount of characters but it's been nice ride nonetheless. I really hope the ending does it justice though.

I believe there is a good chance that at least one or two characters are asexual because Andrew Hussie seems to be very open-minded to different sexualities. He also mentioned something about trying to create many different characters so that everyone has at least one character to relate to, I think.

I have read it, and almost caught up to it (but have not read it in months ^^; ). I really enjoy the comic, I need to start reading it again.

I have not really though about any of the characters sexual orientations, but I believe Kankri could be asexual (not just because he is celibate, but looks like he has no interest in anyone sexually or even romantically).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading it for over six years... Excited to see it end and play the game, I'm happy to have been along for the ride this long lol

Archived