"What LGBTQQIAAP Means"

TheSMMG

Elluna Hellen

I'm aromantic and I find this offensive! xD

I think each of the letters stands for multiple things, which is why I don't understand when people use ones with the same letter multiple times. It's like a book character, you can interpret them however you want to, but someone else's interpretation isn't necessarily invalid because your's is different.

It is cool though that they referenced asexuality, :)

Elluna Hellen

I think each of the letters stands for multiple things, which is why I don't understand when people use ones with the same letter multiple times. It's like a book character, you can interpret them however you want to, but someone else's interpretation isn't necessarily invalid because your's is different.

It is cool though that they referenced asexuality, :)

All "this is offensive" joking aside, I don't really get that either. It doesn't have to stand for just one thing...

My take on the "A" for "Asexual" is that it covers the whole spectrum of our community, from aromantics to greys.

are there actually people who are offended by people not including aromantic in the a? :blink: not that it's unreasonable to want aro visibility, but i'm aro and i don't expect people to include aromanticism in their queer visibility efforts. we're a rather niche identity, after all. :P

edit: the main video is also worth watching! :)

Elluna Hellen

are there actually people who are offended by people not including aromantic in the a? :blink: not that it's unreasonable to want aro visibility, but i'm aro and i don't expect people to include aromanticism in their queer visibility efforts. we're a rather niche identity, after all. :P

edit: the main video is also worth watching! :)

Yeah, there are probably people who really are offended by it. I was obviously fake-offended xD. I think the A can just stand for ace, aro, some other identities starting with A, *and* possibly allies. why not?

The other "A" in this case does, indeed, stand for "Allies" and I think they deserve to be included.

I have a number of heterosexual friends who fall into this category and one of them was even part of our walking group in Pride London in 2013 (he loved the experience).

The other "A" in this case does, indeed, stand for "Allies" and I think they deserve to be included.

I have a number of heterosexual friends who fall into this category and one of them was even part of our walking group in Pride London in 2013 (he loved the experience).

It doesn't bug me to have them there, they can face a lot of discrimation just because they support us.

It doesn't bug me to have them there, they can face a lot of discrimation just because they support us.

Indeed and the more we outnumber the narrow-minded and ignorant, the better.

Archived