• Spirited Away
    • The Cat Returns
    • Howl's Moving Castle
    • Tales From Earthsea
    • Ponyo
    • Arrietty
    • From Up on Poppy Hill
    • The Wind Rises
    • Other (I ran out of room in the poll so I had to omit a few)

So i know a lot of people here like these movies so I guess vote for ur fav.

Also this is for both miyazaki and ghibli movies because ik they arent all the same repertoire (e.g. Naussicaa isnt a ghibli film because it precedes the foundation of the studio.)

also the poll limited me to 20 so

I omitted the most recent 2 and also Lupin III

WinterWanderer

Howl's Moving Castle!

Although My Neighbor Totoro is a close second.

Grave of the Fireflies was one of the saddest movies ever seen. :(

Grave of the Fireflies left me crying for days!! So impressive though, as is all these other works :)

Spirited Away is my absolute favorite, followed closely by Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle.

Of the ones I've seen, maybe Spirited Away. I haven't watched it in quite a few years, though. I wasn't too keen on Howl's Moving Castle the first time, but then warmed to it quite a bit the second. I found Kiki's Delivery Service pleasant watching (I seem to be copying Windchaser here, mwahaha... xD). I've got Princess Mononoke but haven't seen it in yearsss (I think the length daunts me a bit), so who knows what my thoughts are on that. The Cat Returns is quite sweet. Others I haven't seen or didn't make too much of an impression on me.

Definitely Spirited Away. It was the one that got me into Studio Ghibli films. Love Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro though.

For the love of all that is decent-don't make me choose! I like and have seen so many (everything on this list except 7). All of the ones I've seen have these charms and vibes to them that seem so...I can't really find the right words to completely describe it.

Not a fan

This is one of the hardest choices to make ever, cause i frikin love everything Ghibli/ miyazaki has ever made. I think my top faves are, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, princess monoke, howls moving castle, spirited away and my neightbor totoro. (even thought Kikis delivery service and Porco Rosso is also very high up, and....all the other movies XD.)

Spirited Away is probably the one I watch the most, but I love Howl's Moving Castle :3 so Spirited Away is a close second.

my favourite to date is princess mononoke, though i've by no means watched them all!

• 7 months later...

I love most all of them. Miyazaki is my #1 for anime movies. (That man totally made my childhood. :D) I picked Spirited Away for my #1 since I have seen it dozens upon dozens of times. My first ever was Kiki's Delivery service which I would see as my close matched #2. Then my 3rd fav of Miyazaki's work of all time is Howel's Moving Castle. :) (I loved how he had a lot of female protagonists in his movies)

I have to say Arriety, it was my first anime/ghibli movie I had ever seen.

- I don't even remember what happened however, I just remember liking it.

960.jpg

The Wind Rises, without a doubt!! I'm so upset it wasn't as popular as his other films, The Wind Rises is such an amazing and moving film. I can watch it all day.... definitely one of Miyazaki's best. :cake:

EmotionalAndroid

Even though the book was far better, I really like Howl's Moving Castle. It was still a great movie regardless of all the liberties it took with the original text.

From Up on Poppy Hill is definitely my fave, but Only Yesterday, When Marnie Was There, and Kiki's Delivery Service are up there, too.

Did . . . did I return Princess Monokoe to the friend who lent it to me? Opps.

cavalier080854

Arriety all the way. I like all the movies made about her including the tv series.

Truth and Lies

Howl's Moving Castle.

However, I love every single one I've seen. (As for Tales From Earthseaā€”I never read the books so I have nothing to compare it to, though I know it got poor reception from critics.)

I'm still working on my collection, though I've seen most of them. :wub: The ones I watch most often are Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away.

Sleepy Skeleton

I haven't seen all of them, sadly. The only ones I've seen are Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service. Not sure if I like Kiki or Totoro better... Probably Totoro just because it was the first one I saw. I also really like the music.

Crylliac's Backup

How am I the only person who voted for Porco Rosso? It had planes flown by a pig in it!

LightningCharm

Princess Mononoke is Miyazaki's masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. After that would be My Neighbor Totoro, and I will admit to having a soft spot for Howl's Moving Castle. :)

Such a difficult decision! I voted for Whisper of the heart, but my other favourites are Howl's moving castle and Castle in the sky. There are a few I still haven't seen, so I need to watch those sometime!

• 3 months later...
Hermit Advocate

Who voted for Grave of the Fireflies? That movie broke my heart to watch and my sister barley ate anything for the next four days after seeing it. It was really hard for me to choose just one, but I eventually picked Princess Mononoke.

Archived