Undoomed - 15 Reasons You're An Asexual Moron!

CosineTheCat

Apparently there was a trend of doing this to this video -_-

Asexual ZX Spectrum 48K

smartarse001

2016/01/30

Elluna Hellen

Oh how wonderful. I'm not gonna watch any of this, because I don't feel like becoming a ball of rage. :mad:

It's a fairly uncomprehensive list of reasons for why someone might be asexual, Undoomed's commentary is awfully lazy though, - never even making any proper points.

I see comments on the video like "As someone who's actually asexual... This is really embarrassing", which I suppose might be because this video defines asexuality very vaguely and in a very trivial way. I can see people feeling that this is not a video that is going to make people take asexuality seriously. Especially the easily misunderstandable part about only us being able to decide if we're asexual spectrum or not, when it's not actually a choice. I feel a bit like this as well, - like the video portrays me to be some kind of insecure snowflake who never grew up when I don't perceive myself like that at all. Also she pulls in the term celibate, which I don't think is good, it only creates more confusion. Calling her a moron is too much, I don't think she is, and the video comes from a good place. I definitely stand by the previously mentioned criticisms though. Undoomed has a very bad understanding of asexuality, and I don't think this video really helped push him in the right direction. I think the original video fails to clearly define what asexuality is, this out of a wish to be hospitable towards every single person who think they might be on the spectrum. The vagueness and triviality of it then becomes a problem.

I don't wanna jump in here and defend every part of Undoomed's video though, that's not my mission, but I've enjoyed plenty of the man's videos in the past and I'm not unsubscribing because of this (I love when I disagree with people I'm subscribed to, because it proves to me I'm not living in an echo chamber!)

Yay trolls. -_-

Siimo van der fietspad

You give Undoomed too much credit by assuming he's trying to advance any coherant or constructive argument. The guy is quite upfront about just trying to deride and persecute any group or idea he doesn't like - feminism, Christianity, etc, and he gets a thrill from all the other sad bigots in basements agreeing with him. On his Patreon page he even wants donations so that he can spend less time in his day job to produce this over-animated frenzy of hate! He's just looking to stir up offense for the attention; so if he doesn't get any, he dies.

Tellingly though, he doesn't give any clues to his real identity, so if anybody could unmask him I reckon he'd be pretty scared to be confronted by these videos in front of his work and family. Any PIs care to take this on? Or we could just spam the comments on his videos with nonsense.

I don't like to criticise Amelia's work as she's been a great help to me in the past month, but I think we do have to be careful about appearing to speak for all asexuals when we produce public content.

Meh. There are other people who do the same thing, mocking other youtubers. None of its particularly creative or interesting, this included, and I don't think they're really trying to convince anyone of anything. Mocking isn't a convincing response. Mocking is a response that makes people who already agree with you feel good. And calling people "moron" and "idiot" because they report other experiences than you, thats immature, and in sum I'm less than impressed. I don't even feel annoyed. Except that I wasted 7 minutes watching it.

It's a fairly uncomprehensive list of reasons for why someone might be asexual, Undoomed's commentary is awfully lazy though, - never even making any proper points.

I see comments on the video like "As someone who's actually asexual... This is really embarrassing", which I suppose might be because this video defines asexuality very vaguely and in a very trivial way. I can see people feeling that this is not a video that is going to make people take asexuality seriously. Especially the easily misunderstandable part about only us being able to decide if we're asexual spectrum or not, when it's not actually a choice. I feel a bit like this as well, - like the video portrays me to be some kind of insecure snowflake who never grew up when I don't perceive myself like that at all. Also she pulls in the term celibate, which I don't think is good, it only creates more confusion. Calling her a moron is too much, I don't think she is, and the video comes from a good place. I definitely stand by the previously mentioned criticisms though. Undoomed has a very bad understanding of asexuality, and I don't think this video really helped push him in the right direction. I think the original video fails to clearly define what asexuality is, this out of a wish to be hospitable towards every single person who think they might be on the spectrum. The vagueness and triviality of it then becomes a problem.

I don't wanna jump in here and defend every part of Undoomed's video though, that's not my mission, but I've enjoyed plenty of the man's videos in the past and I'm not unsubscribing because of this (I love when I disagree with people I'm subscribed to, because it proves to me I'm not living in an echo chamber!)

I think it's important to note that the original video wasn't meant to be "this is how you tell you're asexual or not" it's called "signs you might be on the ace spectrum". Because of that I think she was giving very basic things that some people (before they knew they were asexual) associated with possibly being asexual.

I think it's important to note that the original video wasn't meant to be "this is how you tell you're asexual or not" it's called "signs you might be on the ace spectrum". Because of that I think she was giving very basic things that some people (before they knew they were asexual) associated with possibly being asexual.

' Well aware of that.

One Winged Angel

I've never seen a Undoomed video before, and I usually hate this kind of video anyway. I'll admit though I stopped watching as soon as he used "you didn't grow up" as an argument to the first point. This is amongst the poorest ad hominem style responses that you can ever present in a debate of any kind.

• 1 month later...

I do like Undoomed videos, but this one was filled with unnecessary ad hominems and assumptions of what she said on some parts. He was strawmanning her on some parts of the video. I'm not on either side, they both seemed like they had good intentions.

I do like Undoomed videos, but this one was filled with unnecessary ad hominems and assumptions of what she said on some parts. He was strawmanning her on some parts of the video. I'm not on either side, they both seemed like they had good intentions.

Yeah I watch his videos too. He's pretty good most of the time, but sometimes he attacks people who have no reason to be attacked. Even if their technically wrong, they aren't advocating for anything, which is where I think he screws up.

I thought this video might be posted soon, interesting someone else found it.

Fire & Rain

There was a better criticism of her video by some other youtuber. I can't seem to find it anymore. If I manage to find it again, I'll post it here.

Although I don't like Undoomed style of criticism (belittling) he has a point. I do not agree with the original video at all. We don't have "signs". We are very different people from around the world with very little in common. The only constant aspect we all have in common is our lack of sexual attraction. This is like saying "10 sings that you're straight". It doesn't make any sense to me. I also do not agree with the "ace spectrum". There's a spectrum, yes but it's not ace spectrum. It's a spectrum of human sexuality and some people are closer to Asexuality side but that doesn't make it "ace spectrum". For example, I would say "I'm on the aromantic side of the spectrum" or "mostly aromantic" but I wouldn't say "I'm on the aromantic spectrum".

I found the video

Archived