The News Hubb - A sexuality- A misunderstood identity.

CosineTheCat

A sexuality- A misunderstood identity.

2016/01/25

Since childhood we’ve all been aware of sex. From playing kissy catch in the playground to talk of virginity in high school years, it follows us everywhere. Who’s having it, who’s not having it and more importantly, why they’re having it in the first place.

As we enter a more openly sexual era in society it seems the idea of not wanting, needing or desiring sex is practically unheard of. This is when we address our A sexual community. ‘Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in sexual activity.’ Whilst this identification is becoming more recognised in LGBT circles, it can still leave the general public feeling puzzled.

I really don't understand why people find asexuality so puzzling. Asexuals don't innately desire sex. That's literally it. It's not rocket science for crying out loud. :)

One Winged Angel

The general public feel puzzled at people liking different music to them, so it's obvious they would be oblivious to anyone feeling differently about sex to them. Of course, if as the article says we are in a more open sexual era these days, this conversation should also include people who do not wish nor desire to have sex at all. Even if I was not Asexual, I would not find the concept difficult to understand in the slightest!

The general public feel puzzled at people liking different music to them, so it's obvious they would be oblivious to anyone feeling differently about sex to them.

This is so true. The number of times I've heard "HOW can you NOT love _______?" is ridiculous. Please fill in the blank with your choice of food, beverage, media option, activity, brand, personal style, vehicle, or famous person.

Archived