uhm, a few questions. (maybe tmi)

Swishandflick

Swishandflick

Hi, so I'm new here, and I think I'm ace, but I don't know for sure.

Here's why: sometimes, I get really horny just randomly, and I need to masturbate. Nothing sparks it or anything; it just happens.

Other times, I'm completely repulsed/terrified of the idea of masturbating. Normally, after it happens, I'm just like "what the f*** did I just do?"

The idea of ever having sex with another person, any gender, also freaks me out. I really just don't know what I am, and I'm really confused.

Sorry if this is tmi or if I'm bothering anyone with all of these questions :/

Yep, that's just random libido at its finest :lol:

If it's not directed towards anyone or caused by anyone, it's a safe bet to say you're probably asexual. Whether you do or do not have a libido doesn't determine your sexuality (or lack of), it's whether or not you want to act on it with someone, i.e. directed libido, or have an innate desire to satisfy your libido though partnered sexual activity.

First of all, since it looks like you're new, welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

Sex drive / libido is completely separate from sexual orientation. Asexuality is usually defined as a lack of sexual attraction and/or a lack of desire for partnered sex, while sex drive is a biological response that causes you to want to masturbate.

Although I am not an ace who experiences a need to masturbate myself, I've seen a lot of asexuals here who say they masturbate despite not feeling sexual attraction. Deciding whether or not you want to identify as asexual is something that you need to decide for yourself, nothing you've written here excludes you from being asexual.

Best of luck in figuring it all out, and I hope that this site is helpful to you :)

It is ok to have the need to masturabate and still be considered asexual. As long as you do not have or have the lack of sexual attraction towards another person, you are still considered asexual.