Asexual Youtuber Under Attack...

javaPhysician

javaPhysician

So, there is this WONDERFUL channel called AmeliaAce. Her videos are simple, effective, and overall top notch.

Well, a few days back she released a new video, entitled "Signs You Might Be Asexual Spectrum". Today, some internet asshole under the moniker "UNDOOMED" made a video response to it. In the video, he essentially decided to cruelly insult her, her personality, and her intelligence (his video was entitled "15 Reasons You're An Asexual Moron!"). Well, apparently it is a tradition for him and his disgusting fanbase to then go after the video and its creator via a massive tidal wave of dislikes and sick comments.

I am just really pissed off and heartbroken that this had to happen to someone who didn't deserve it at all. :(

You can visit her channel here.

Forgotten Fox

Just saw the video and I...I don't even know where to begin. I used to think acephobia would never happen, but this is acephobia in it's purest form for goodness sake! I like arguments but he literally just threw insults and misinterpreted everything she actually said. Now around a thousand or more people think asexuality is stupid and are going to spread all this misinformation around because they can't even do research and think for themselves!

We've got to do something about it, I will not sit here and do nothing knowing that some poor questioning teen will see that hateful video and feel like they are just an insane moron instead of realizing they're possibly ace!

Rainbow~Sprinkles

I am so angry just reading all of those comments. Asexuals aren't morons, people with growing up to do or special snowflakes. Jesus christ, what is wrong with people wanting to make it okay to not desire sex? Why is not desiring sex suddenly related to a mental illness or lack of maturity? I could rant about this all day and some of the comments on the actual Undoomed video were written by Asexuals!

D: Not AmeliaAce!

I wish I had a more thoughtful/wordy response, but I'm low on sleep and it'd just be hard-to-understand rambles anyway.

:( That's just not okay.

It's a shame, but YouTube is largely populated by the ignorant, the backward, the hateful, and the regressive. This is especially true of those who comment on the videos there.

This "Undoomed" fellow appears to have gathered a massive, fawning audience by embodying all of the above.

This is incredibly sad in any case. To those who wish to read the comments, get out your asexual bingo card.

I'm thinking about writing a possibly sarcastic response to this other person's tantrum, but it would likely just be "downvoted" into oblivion by his little gang of sycophants.

Some of these people seem to believe that Tumblr somehow represents asexuals, which is disturbing.

Elluna Hellen

I legit don't GET this. WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY DO THAT? I'M SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW.

javaPhysician

This "Undoomed" fellow appears to have gathered a massive, fawning audience by embodying all of the above.

There's been a recent rise of channels catering to this demographic unfortunately...

And the sad thing is he clearly is targeting her because her channel/viewership is smaller than his. Which is why he didn't attack Ashley Mardell's recent Ace videos (Of which Amelia has been featured in! Check them out if you want to flush out this negativity!).

Rainbow~Sprinkles

Not to mention a lot of the comments were saying that the LGBTI community were the ones who took the word Asexual and misused it by turning it into a label. People need to educate themselves. The term asexual was used by David Jay to describe his sexual orientation and used this term on AVEN. AND Asexuals are not officially part of the LGBTI community. They literally put all of the non straight groups into the same basket and say we're the same. And they call US morons???

I'm not sure if we're remotely large enough to do this, but we could go and up vote all of her videos back.

Also flag undoomed for hate speech?

javaPhysician

Last time I checked her videos, it was just THAT one that was downvoted.

Elluna Hellen

BRB flaggin' the crap out of those asshats.

Well that was fun. <_<

People with that much random, illogical & displaced hate tend to have no idea how truly pathetic their behavior is. Which is sad in and of itself.

Truly just pitiful and pathetic.

Those commenters obviously feel strong as part of a crowd and like to try to 'wreak heavoc'. I'm feeling kind of proud that this ignorant spewing doesn't affect me this time. The hate comments come across as such a childish temper trantrum, I just can't take them seriously. :huh: Anyway I hope this doesn't have bad effects on anyone who is currently feeing more vulnerable. Don't let these insignificant folks pull you down. ^_^ :cake:

Elluna Hellen

oi what the hell? It won't let me flag the prick's channel if the cyber bullying doesn't affect me or someone i'm responsible for. >_<. Fiiiiine, I will now pretend this BS is actually affecting me in another way than just me getting angry and flag it as cyber bullying ME. Even though it's not because LOL i'm not getting affected by a bunch of 12 year olds. Cause i think that's what they must be.

edit: WELL NEVERMIND THEN, FLAGGING A CHANNEL IS COMPLICATED AF!

Meh, managed to flag it in a way that didn't involve me pointing out that "I" was being cyber bullied.

Forgotten Fox

I'm not sure if we're remotely large enough to do this, but we could go and up vote all of her videos back.

YES, I mean if everyone on this thread did this and more then we could outnumber them all, but not actually go head to head with them! Because as much as I like trolling I do not want to argue with a bunch of closeminded fans. I'll go do that right now, who's with me?

Elluna Hellen

YES, I mean if everyone on this thread did this and more then we could outnumber them all, but not actually go head to head with them! Because as much as I like trolling I do not want to argue with a bunch of closeminded fans. I'll go do that right now, who's with me?

Yeaah, I was gonna throw a couple insults at them and then realised i'm actually 24, not twelve. Nope, I'm a "grown up" (how utterly boring!) and will not resort to that level. Wouldn't help the mood much anyway cause they'd only make me angrier if they actually did respond.

GUYS I decided to post a nice encouraging comment in her 'discussion' section on the channel. Maybe any of you want to do the same? Just in case the trolling gets her down a bit there'll be something nice there.

Melancholy Dolly

As much as I love Amelia's content as a whole, I'll admit that her video did have a few issues, but it was clearly made with good intentions.

With that out of the way, I watched Undoomed's video and... yikes.
If he had brought up some valid points I wouldn't be so disgusted. But, alas, he did not and instead opted for this petty, ignorant hogwash. His arguments are built on nothing but personal attacks and generalisations.
And his audience mirrors his attitudes, that's for sure.

Humanity never ceases to disappoint me.

I just watched the video of the guy bullying her, and I was very mad. I also read the comments on her original video, and they were insulting, everyone calling her a moron. People need to grow the fuck up and leave others alone. This truly pisses me off, this shows that asexuals are harassed even today. "Oh, asexuals are not bullied, what are you talking about?" Take a look at this piece of evidence you git.

I want see those ignorant bullies to come on here and insult us (if they have the balls to do it, which they probably don't). We will fight back and defend ourselves as a community.

Got half way up the page reporting asshats. Had to stop, some the the comments where so bad I got sick to my stomach.

Some of these people are truly sick!

When they attack us like this, I guess we're doing something right. By getting so worked up they are admitting that we exist...

Elluna Hellen

A lot of the comments are disgusting, does youtube not have a thing to report the channel, not just the video?

it does, go to the channel, then "about" and click the flag

I just watched the guy's video and all he mostly did was through personal insults. He didn't even understand what she meant when she said something along the lines of "You didn't feel like you bloomed." The video is just him constantly misinterpreting things and calling her a moron. He even insulted millennials claiming that they're all egocentric and dismissed the purpose of "labels." I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not seeing any evidence in his claims-no website references or anything. Just a guy that's imitating the voice of the Honest Trailers guy and hiding behind special effects to make his videos seem important and pretty.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, mostly because I'm half-asleep as it is, but I will say that I agree with everything that faeriefate said above. The entire response video is disgusting, and the comments being posted to Amelia's video are even worse.

javaPhysician

Oh no! I hope she's feeling okay :(

I think she is! Her tweets about it seems to show she isn't bothered.

DannyFenton123

That's good! I left a comment. I kind of wanted to tell her that there was a thread on AVEN and we're all looking out for her, but I kind of opted out for that. It came out a little weirder when I typed it than what I thought in my head :P

javaPhysician

Here's her Twitter if you want to tell her

That's good! I left a comment. I kind of wanted to tell her that there was a thread on AVEN and we're all looking out for her, but I kind of opted out for that. It came out a little weirder when I typed it than what I thought in my head :P

If you want to tell her personally, here is her Twitter.

Skipper Valvoline

Oh my gosh.

I have never quite BURNED in anger, before.

Reported him and would do it again.

DannyFenton123

Recieved a charming message from one of the people harrassing AmeliaAce (spoilered because it's about as nice as you'd expect it to be):

stop confusing hate with calling this fat pig out on her delusional bullshit. get it right.

Deep breaths. Step away from the computer. You can't argue with an idiot :mad: :mad: :mad:

Archived