Asexuality event at Reading University, Monday, 1st Feb. 2016

TheSMMG

Reading University Students Union LGBT+ is holding a discussion about asexuality - "Unpacking the Plus: Asexuality".

The event is due to take place in room 109, Palmer building, Whiteknights campus at 7pm and, err, I'm on the panel!

Sorry about the short notice, people.

As far as I know, yes - one of the postgrads is intending to go.

Would be great if you could make it, not to mention that having another Ace there will enhance the Q&A parts.

Sounds good. I'll try to get there a bit early, so if there's anything you'd like to involve me in we can discuss it before the event starts.

That's great!

I can't think of anything specific to involve you in beyond the fact that my understanding of asexuality, my identity and experiences will be different from yours so your input if something doesn't get covered or your take on a point is different would be welcome.

Anything that helps the other panel members and audience understand asexuality better is all to the good.

I have to be there early (6:30pm) - looking forward to seeing you.

I think the event went well and thanks Mr No for coming along and for your interesting and helpful inputs.

Got some positive feedback from the hosting LGBT+ Officer:

"I've spoken to a few who were there and from what I've heard from you, the discussion was really well received and beneficial, people learnt a lot."

In addition, one young man came up to me at the end to thank me as what I'd had to say had been very helpful to him.

(Wanted to post this the day after the event but was having access problems...)

Archived