Anime/ Manga with an asexual lead?

I am a sex repulsed asexual. So, if you know any anime/ manga with an aro/ace lead or one without fanservice please reply to this thread.

Well, Trigun is safe. Nothing is ever stated about any characters sexuality though. Zankyou no Terror, Cowboy Bebop, One Punch Man (Wanpanman), and my personal favourite of all time, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, are also free of any sexual matters (although there is one single scene in the 1st seasons of Jojo where you can see a topless woman).

My love story. its a very fluffy love story, and it isn't official but I'm like positive the main characters best friend is ace.

Seirei No Moribito and Beast Player Erin (both by the same writer Nahoko Uehashi) are two very excellent anime with very possibly Ace protagonists. I have not read the manga for either but would highly recommend both of these.

My problem with this, is that unless someone explicitly states otherwise, there is no way to know if an anime character is asexual or not. Lack of sexual content does not necessarily mean that were it there the characters wouldn't pursue it.

For instance, Luffy from One Piece is the one character most cited as being asexual. He was unaffected by Boa Hancock's power to petrify anyone who has any interest in her (despite her being supposedly the most beautiful woman in that world), with that and given the creator's comment about him only being attracted to adventure; it is about as explicit as you get.

However, even in the case of Luffy there is still doubt. One Piece is very cartoony and follows the law of fun more than the laws of nature. Boa Hancock is able to petrify androids and other (presumably straight) women for example. It could be that Luffy wasn't affected because he is pure of heart as opposed to asexual or that he was focused on getting off the island and finding his friends at the time. Luffy, when paired with Ussop has shown a somewhat typical pattern of behavior for a sexual at time (though again this could just be the influence of Ussop). Similarly, the creators comment was actually directed to all the mugiwara crew (despite there being no way it could apply to Sanji) and it could be said, that what he meant was that he didn't want he romance in his comic.

I personally like to think of Luffy, L, et al as asexual, but we do have to begrudgingly accept this reality check. Most of the people who APPEAR asexual in manga probably aren't in their creator's minds. They are probably just inhibited, repressed, or focused on other things. We are too small of a group to get that much if any attention.

That said, I rather live in my own fantasies where my favorite characters share this trait with me. So, what I am trying to say in this rambling post is that it is fun to partake in these type of activities but, unless the author makes a character explicitly asexual, don't get too attached to the idea they are asexual or the creators could pull the rug out from under you.

But till something like that happens...Luffy rules! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Oda- sensei has stated that Luffy only gets attracted to adventure and food if that counts. I'll take that.

Monkey D is definitely asexual. For what it's worth, One Piece is definitely more about fun and adventure. It may have a lot of fanservice but it's hardly emphasized or made more prominent unless it's a joke. I'm currently making a series where my main characters' parents are asexual and they were born in a lab, but don't tell them that, though. ;)