hormones

I know that posts on hormone levels have been brought up before. But I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what sort of hormone deficiencies and problems with hormones can effect the sex drive (or lack there of).

Well, I imagine lack of testosterone. But don't tell me my asexuality is because at time smy body produces 0 of the testosterone it is supposed to. I was asexual for the ten years my body produced the right amounts.

Well, I imagine lack of testosterone. But don't tell me my asexuality is because at time smy body produces 0 of the testosterone it is supposed to. I was asexual for the ten years my body produced the right amounts.

Don't worry. I wouldn't dream of it. 8)

I'm gender-female, and my body produced enough estrogen or whatever to make it that way and function somewhat properly. I just don't know if or what hormones performed or didn't perform to make me asexual. All I know is that during high school and college, while many of my fellow students were having sex and partyin', I was busy reading books, listening to music, and watching movies and theatre.

Just a side note here. I'm not asking to find out why anybody is asexual or anything. I am just curious for personal curiosity reasons what hormones do effect sex drive, not really to say "what makes you asexual?" or anything.

I'm sure imbalanced hormone levels would produce a lot more problems than just a lack of sex drive, and I doubt most people here have anything wrong.

I know I havea sex drive it just isn't directed at anyone or anything.

Thus I think my hormones must be normal.

Dunno if that helps any.