I think I am asexual?

Hi. I'm totally new to this site and I'm just trying to figure myself out. Since I was little I've always had this weird thing about sex. I've always been grossed out about it and even to this day in the same way. If there are tv shows with sex scenes and stuff I stop watching the show. I'd rather not watch it. I like kissing, cuddling, hugging etc. but not the sexual stuff. I don't know if it's normal. I'm thinking that I may be asexual. I've tried telling my family members about possibly being asexual and I get the "it's because you haven't met the right person yet" speech. I just feel like I'm the odd one out and I don't know why I feel this way. It would be greatly appreciated to get any feedback.

People who say "wait till you meet/you haven't met the right person yet" need to be bopped on the nose by a warg. It's very frustrating.

Anyways... it would be helpful if you could provide references to specific times in your life, or incidents, that may have precipitated your aversion to sex. If you write it down, perhaps you can give yourself a clearer picture as to why you feel this way. Even if you don't we're here to help you any way we can. You're definitely not alone here.

Have some panda hugs. :)

tumblr_lpmdnwwnAr1qc87v8o1_500.gif

SexuallyPerplexedPancake

Alright, what I'm getting from this is that you might be an asexual. Specifically a sex-repulsed asexual who experiences sensual and maybe romantic attraction, but not necessarily sexual attraction. That's completely normal, by the way, so don't worry too much about it.

If you're new to the concept of asexuality, then you might want to familiarize yourself with methods of separating attractions, as there are many different types of ways you might be attracted to someone, including, but not limited to:

Sexual Attraction-I want to have sex with you

Sensual Attraction-I want to snuggle, hug, and kiss you

Romantic Attraction-I want to share an emotional bond with you

Platonic Attraction-I want to be around you

Aesthetic Attraction-Your face looks nice

Intellectual Attraction-I want to talk with you for hours

(Note that the above are over simplifications, a basic starters guide to the terminology used by the asexual community.)

Anyway, what you're feeling is not only normal, but documented. If you're an asexual, then that's fine! It's who you are! So, don't worry about conforming to a norm, just be yourself.