Asexual Or Just Polite?

I live in middle east/Egypt in Cairo where you can't have sex with anyone unless you are married to them,kissing and most kinds of hugging is inappropriate, but you can do them if you are married to that person,but not in public,sexual acts like staring at "balloons" is "obviously" inappropriate and considered a sexual harrasment, but in Egypt ,there is a secial kind of police to deal with these , but sometimes flirting is considered harrasment,in other words,holding hands is how far things go,so sexual people may have a hard time controlling themselves, but for me,it's not hard for me to be "polite" ,does that mean that i might be asexual? Or am I just polite?

Ps:I'm not sure if I'm clear about what I wrote,so say if I wasn't .

The question is: do you genuinely not feel a desire to have sex? If you experience sexual attraction/desire, then you're probably just polite, otherwise you might be asexual.

This is very difficult to answer, honestly. If these restrictions are no problem for you, because you're not interested in sex, then you might be asexual, yes. But it's hard to say for certain. But things might happen over time. How old are you?

This is very difficult to answer, honestly. If these restrictions are no problem for you, because you're not interested in sex, then you might be asexual, yes. But it's hard to say for certain. But things might happen over time. How old are you?

I'm less than 18

I'm less than 18

It's possible to be asexual when for instance someone is 14, but some people can change orientation when they become older, but some people don't.

We can't say if someone is asexual or not, because only themselves would they know. If someone does not feel sexual attraction, then it is possible they could be asexual.

Only you can know, and even if you believe you are asexual at your age, you may change as you get older, you may not.

As I am in a culture that have some similarities to your culture, I want to mention that being Asexual is independent of the culture. It's not like that if you live in open culture about sexual relations, you will not be Asexual or vice versa. "Timewarp" cited correctly what we use in AVEN to understand if someone is Asexual or not.

I think it probably depends on why you find it so easy to fit into the culture. Do you find it easy because you're not attracted to people and/or don't have any real desire to have sex? Or do you find it easy because it's what you're used to?

As a thought experiment, imagine you moved somewhere else, where the rules for affection are less strict and everyone is okay with things before marriage. Would you feel the same way? If it's an asexual orientation, you'll most likely feel the same way about sex regardless of culture.

Autumn Season

Then there's demisexuality: It's possible to start desiring sex once one established a close connection with somebody. But not everyone is demi.

• 3 months later...

I'm from Egypt

And people told me the same thing

Maybe your just too polite

Or it is just a phase but I knew All of it is wrong coz I really don't feel any sexual attraction toward males and I even thought I was homo but then again I am not

so it's really all about feeling attraction .desire or lust

Take your time to think through it and decide

I took a whole year

So maybe you're repressed but you the only one who can know .

Blue Phoenix Ace

This is very similar to Christianity and asexuality. Many people think (myself included) that lack of interest or desire in sex is being a good Christian. What is difficult to realize is that missing out on sex is supposed to cause temptation. It is not easy to remain celibate for most sexual people.

So, the end result is the same. You are polite and celibate, but the underlying motives are much different. For an asexual, they act that way because it's just natural to them. But, for a sexual person, it can be quite a challenge.