Where do you see your life headed as an Asexual?

Simple questions. As you grow older, where do you see your life headed? What impact does asexuality have on that outlook?

Me. I plan to find a nice, quiet partner who shares the same level of libido (AKA. Low for a male) I have. Not picky on what gender or sex :). I guess beyond that (a)sexuality doesn`t have much impact.

Sapphire Rose

That pretty much sounds like what I'm looking for, but I don't have confidence in finding a life partner so I'm going to settle for some cats.

Honestly, probably a more solitary path as far as finding a partner goes. Sex isn't something I'm willing to compromise on for a few reasons in addition to my asexuality, and I'm not blind to some of the unreasonable standards I have so things are what they are. When it comes to friends and romantic relationships, I've always viewed both as being nice but not necessary.

I don't know, I guess I'll see what happens. I've been riding on my luck through a lot of my life and unfortunately I'm too spoiled to break free of it now.

scarletlatitude

crazy_cat_lady_toxo.jpg

Cats are better than boyfriends. :P

Honestly though, I'm happy with the cats until someone comes along who matches me.

Naturally I'm waiting to meet someone asexual and I'm sure if this happens enough times then eventually the feeling will be neutral and it will be awesome

I wish I could take the cat route! I love them so much... BUT I'M ALLERGIC! Pity me! ;~; ;~; The pain I feel (mental) from this!

I feel the same way, Steph.

DreadfulBetty

I see my life continuing the way it is now I'm married and in a poly relationship with 4 other people. I don't intend to add any more partners but you never know what life will bring.

I see myself building a (family/tribe) having a partner, getting married and raising children. I'd like to live someplace in the country.

I'll be surrounded by a family of my own making. Not one simply made by ties of blood but by ties of love and loyalty.

That's my dream.

Truth and Lies

Eeeeh... I can't really envision my future at all, but it is probably filled with three cats (that's the maximum amount of cats I'm willing to have at any one time). Maybe a horse if I lived somewhere with not-California rates...

As for a significant other... it will be snowing on the beaches of Southern California if that day were to ever come. o_o

I wish I could take the cat route! I love them so much... BUT I'M ALLERGIC! Pity me! ;~; ;~; The pain I feel (mental) from this!

I feel the same way, Steph.

*pets Baam* *pities Baam* *gives virtual cheesecake to Baam*

Are you deathly allergic? Or moderately? Or mildly? My mother's boyfriend who lives with us is allergic to cats, but we still have two in the house. My brother developed an allergy to our older cat (if he pets him then touches his eyes or something, they'll get really red and puffy) but it's not so serious that he has to take medicine or anything.

There are some cat breeds that are considered hypoallergenic. As in, they produce very little of the protein found in their saliva that a lot of people are allergic to. See this article. In the end, though... I guess, better safe than sorry. ^^;

Just a thought. :cake:

Lord Stoneheart

I recently dumped my gf and even more recently discovered I was Asexual Aromantic all along. My relationships have never lasted longer than a month because I would get too uncomfortable and wasn't sure why. It was a tough way to discover how I really am but in a way I'm glad of it. For the future I'm feeling a lot better now, previously I worried that I'd never find the right lady and would feel unfulfilled. Now though I'm happy being alone, with a new pet kitten. I'm expecting a peaceful, solitary life filled with good times with friends and family and then unwinding alone at the end of each day. I'm a pretty introverted person and love hanging out with friends, but I need solitude daily to recharge my batteries. It's a brave new world!

I would like to find a cat partner who I connect with. I am still pretty optimistic about it!

Daniel John Sheaffer

I can see myself getting a full time good paying job. And marry a girl. And just have sex to have kids. I love kids. I jcertainly would love a Daniel John Jr.

CaesiousSilver

When I think of the future I don't really think about relationships. I think more in terms of my eventual career and all the goals I want to achieve in my life. Not to mention all the places in the world I want to visit.

I don't see myself getting married, and I don't see myself having kids. But who knows what might happen?

RoseGoesToYale

I think I may be slowly accepting the fact that I'll probably be by myself partner-wise in the future. I think I could compromise on sex in a few areas, but not many, and I don't want or feel a need to reproduce biologically. I'm fine with being on my own, going off the grid, living in a tiny house on a plot of land, learning to drive stick and buying a manual transmission car on the cheap (or inheriting one, lol), getting a fun job, and having at least one dog and one cat. It would be nice to have a partner to share it with... I'll keep my fingers crossed and try not to give up hope.

Take no offense, but cakes, cats, careers and kids are not in my sights.

Reducing the influence of my recent past and not looking too far ahead is my plan. Only the bad shit remains a memory, while it stalks me up ahead.

When you're cornered by -ive vibes and unaware of +ive vibes ahead, I chose to be super-selective and just take short-steps toward achievable goals.

That's no cats or children, but job satisfaction and a tiny bagel. :ph34r:

slothdetective

Right now I see myself living alone in an apartment in a nice location which isn't too city-like and not too rural, possibly with a dog and/or a cat, basically doing what I feel like doing in addition to working.

One Winged Angel

I am an eccentric and non conforming person and have never lived my life with any set of blueprints. The meaning of life, for me, is simply to be alive. To be alive means living and loving life along every inch of the journey. I am an entrepreneur and my choices of businesses reflect me as a person and enable me to live the life of my own choosing.

My Asexuality is Aromantic and enduring. I do not see myself with any sort of partner in the near or distant future. I always remember as a teen when marriage/partner was mentioned I would react negatively, and the response would be "I don't mean now! I mean like 10 years in the future". But I knew even then that 10 years would not change my feelings in that I simply was not interested.

I find a sea swept horizon and wish to explore it. I enjoy lone travel and exploring. For me, that feeling inside us that feels like "us" is what we should all be aiming for. Some people have only felt it when very young. Certainly for me, to live life by following the herd would result in that "me" feeling being erased. I have no interest nor desire to climb the imprisoning ladders of society. I will not "grow up", "grow old" or "grow ugly" for the simple sake of it, nor will I "settle down" because an impersonal entity dictates it.

Carpe Diem is my motto. Seize the day!

Carpe Diem is my motto. Seize the day!

I see someone is a fan of the Dead Poet Society!

butterflydreams

I'm currently trying to figure out how to capitalize on the fact that I'm largely alone. Like, if that's the situation, what kinds of things can I do that someone who wasn't alone, or in a relationship would have a much more difficult time doing?

One of the things I've been musing on for years is overlanding, specifically north of me in Quebec, Labrador and Newfoundland. I'd like to drive north to Montreal, follow the St. Lawerence through Côte-Nord either all the way to Havre-Saint-Pierre or more likely, hang a left and head further north to the Manicouagan reservoir. I'd want to see all the giant dams. Hopefully from there I could find my way to the Trans-Labrador highway and continue on to Churchill Falls and Happy Valley-Goose Bay. From there the sky's the limit. Make my way to Newfoundland, back via Nova Scotia and into Maine? If I even want to come back :P

I'd also like to visit Lake Athabasca before they destroy it any more than they already have. Not sure if you can drive there from Fort McMurray or not.

Picturing the future is hard, but I see myself living alone and without partner. Everyone expects me to get married someday, but I know that marriage just wouldn't work for someone as romance-repulsed as I am. I suppose I'm open to a queerplatonic relationship in that I wouldn't reject it if the possibility of one came up, but I'm not actively looking for it, and even then I wouldn't want to get married.

I don't need much space as an individual person, and big houses always made me feel slightly uncomfortable. I can see future me living in a small apartment in a college town, hopefully achieving my dream of becoming a professor.

I can also see myself dedicating some of the extra time I'll have by not having a partner not only to my job, but to my family and friends as well. I really hope my brother has children one day, because even though I don't want kids of my own, I think I'd make a lovely aunt. I also want to stay close to all my friends, and would want to be involved in their lives even after they start families.

even before my realization that I was Aro Ace, I never had any dreams of family and marriage, on the contrary I was very against the idea of find myself in such concept.

In that sense my asexuality doesn't dictate my dreams and life goals.

I have no idea how my life is going to work out now. I always saw myself getting married and having a few children, but I'm not so sure if that is what I want right now. I learned about asexuality and wanted to study more of it because I was thinking that my life could be better if I stayed single and just lived life on my own terms. Travelling the world. Enjoying my many hobbies and interests. And that scenario may be better suited for me than the marriage scenario. I won't exclude the marriage scenario yet, but I feel pretty content with the idea of staying single and living my own life :).

I picture myself as strong, indipendet woman who runs or works in international advertisement company. Maybe in Helsinki, maybe overseas, i don't know.

I'll wear these beautiful suits to work and draw comics in my pajamas at home.

I'll own a dog (a russian black terrier ideally) and spend time with my friends freguently and do all kinds of geeky stuff together, like play video games. I'll be bridesmaid or something in their weddings and godmother to their children. The aunt who spoils them all rotten.

Thats the only future i've ever imagined for myself, and i like it.

I've always said that my asexuality is a part of me but it is not all of me.

It's important because it's a way to describe myself, but the key word is describe.

I hope that I'll end up working within fue trans* health care field here in Canada particularly in the North where it is lacking in resources and just understanding.

I know that because of asexuality í have found some great friends and have made an amazing partner. I hope the future is just as awesome as the past year and a bit has been. :)

As you grow older, where do you see your life headed?

I pretty much see it continuing on down the same dull boring road its already on.

And also I don't see myself as being anything other than single for whatever time I have left.

ofcourse those are only how I envision things going...but who knows, since the future is in reality a great unknown...

What impact does asexuality have on that outlook?

That's a tough one in some ways, but I'm not sure it truly has an impact.

As you grow older, where do you see your life headed?

I can't really see where it would go from here. I dunno. I'll probably try to go to college, end up in debt, work 3 minimum wage jobs as my degree collects dust, end up with 7 stray animals as pets, maybe have a roommate to help with rent etc.

What impact does asexuality have on that outlook?

Um, I won't be having tons of wild sex? Who knows, by that age i might not ID as ace. I'm still pretty young y'know.