Asexual or A sexual?

Mike_Rophone

So, with the help of this site, and a little reading I found that I might a an Anegoerotic Asexual(Ace with libido). I'd like to mention that I am still within the pueberty range, so could I only be having such a libido due to that? Are there any aces who like others bodies,but ofcourse just don't want sex with them? Any others who enjoy toasturbate? Any and all answers are useful, thank you!

Yes, asexuals can masturbate (some do, some do not). Yes asexuals can like the way a person looks (some do, some do not). Neither of those things make someone not asexual.

There is no check list for am I asexual or not though. IMO, if one desires sex for themselves (not for having a child, not for pleasing a partner, etc) then there is reason to question it. You say you're within puberty, so sometimes age can be a factor, some people do develop that sexual interest later on. However, if you currently are not interested, there is no harm in saying you are not. Think through how you feel and read around some stories from asexuals, see if you can relate. If you can't pin down exactly what label you feel fits, then there is no harm in saying "Questioning - possibly asexual?" or some such if you need to tell someone. Or to simply say "I am not interested in sex right now, but I am not 100% sure if that isn't going to change, so I haven't been able to decide on a label yet". If you feel asexual really fits and you relate to the stories from asexuals you hear, then go with that. It's up to you to decide what feels right.

You can desire sex or fantasize and still be asexual. My sexual friends described their sexual attraction to me as a powerful desire to want to have sex with a specific person. So it makes me believe that if it isn't directed at anything it isn't like sexual attraction. Just because you become aroused randomly doesn't mean your sexual. If you do find you enjoy sex(if you do try it) figure out which aspects of it that you like. Sex when I do choose to have it is more of a bonding thing that I can use when I have an emotional bond with someone (otherwise I am kind of touch adverse) and I love the sensual aspects of it but the actual act itself is kind of boring. Don't let a label define you there are so many different types of people under the ace umbrella that it isn't even funny. Just figure out who you are and be proud of it.

A majority of asexuals (as well as sexuals) masturbate, it's completely normal. It's just as normal for sexual people to fap to what they don't sexually desire too. Most of which (asexuals and sexuals) do not go by anego or even libidoist because no one needs to know what they fap to or even that they fap. The only reason the term libidoist came to be was because people who don't fap wanted a title; as they are also a minority and cannot relate to most people. But there's no actual need to specify someone is either of those. The only reason we have anego is because of an ignorent sexologist.

I suggest this thread.

@arthurh

Asexuals cannot desire sex. Some can enjoy sex, but we do not desire it.

There is no check list for am I asexual or not though.

Yes there is, and it only contains one thing saying "i do not desire sex with anyone."

anodyneinsect

I think there is the possibility that libido subsides over time. I am not saying this is definitely the case but it may. Either way, a person who masterbates can still be asexual.

I love bodies! I could show you my sketch book right now and its full of naked people. Nude is cool. I think nudity is elegant and the body that you can see when someone is nude is absolutely wonderful. There's actually a fellow on Tumblr who I think has one of the most aesthetically pleasing figures I have ever seen, hands done. But I dont want to have sex with him. I do however want to braid his hair because he's got the most glorious mane of caramel strands. Another Tumblr mate has a strangely arty-erotic look to them and even though i like to (on many occasions) draw their body and enjoy their body, i dont want to enjoy them sexually. Thinking that a body, naked or otherwise (usually naked) is sexual, is bullshit. Nudity is not inherently sexual and the fact of the matter is that human bodies can be A+ on the beauty scale, not just the sexy one. You can enjoy the look of genitalia without sexualizing it.

I've had a fairly high libido consistently since i was 14 (fun year! Not really) sometimes i come across statistics that talk about the average people masturbate and I'm like seven notches up. I dont know what that's about. I seem to work well with fantasizing about shoes (theres a pair of leather creepers i want). I'm still very much asexual, though. [[[im not sexually attracted to shoes]]]

And as far as labels go... They do define you. Meaning, its there to help define who you are. Don't strain yourself. I tried to do that with my "heterosexuality". Im not heterosexual, it turned out. It didn't do its job as a label to help describe who I was, so I had to find what properly did, and it was "asexual". There's always variations in sexuality and two aces can feel differently about different things, have opposing views. We require only the common ground of not desiring partnered sex. And if you ever desire it, there's no shame. Just revaluate yourself and the labels you use so that you can gather a better understanding of yourself.

it is what it is, and I thought I should just toss that in because everyone else talked about it.

A majority of asexuals (as well as sexuals) masturbate, it's completely normal. It's just as normal for sexual people to fap to what they don't sexually desire too. Most of which (asexuals and sexuals) do not go by anego or even libidoist because no one needs to know what they fap to or even that they fap. The only reason the term libidoist came to be was because people who don't fap wanted a title; as they are also a minority and cannot relate to most people. But there's no actual need to specify someone is either of those. The only reason we have anego is because an ignorent sexologist.

I suggest this thread.

@arthurh

Asexuals cannot desire sex. Some can enjoy sex, but we do not desire it.

Yes there is, and it only contains one thing saying "i do not desire sex with anyone."

what's anego? I googled it but the only thing that came up was an obscure japanese slice of life movie.

short for anegoerotic/anegosexual

Then we get into the rather lengthy and confusing discussion of what desire means. To some, I am not asexual because I am willing to have sex to please a partner, because that is desire in their eyes. Though, yes, I would agree asexuals do not innately desire partnered sex with anyone for their own pleasure. Hence the reason I said if one desires sex, there is reason to question the label one is using. Of course, during that questioning, you get to read the debates over whether or not grey/demi/cupio/etc fall under the ace umbrella.

All definitions of desire word it as "wanting/wishing for/longing for something".

The word willing is no where in there; even with defining the individual words in it. Evidently some people need to educate themselves on their own language's most basic of words.

And asexuality is NOT an umbrella, just like heterosexuality and homosexuality aren't. Sexuality in general, romanticism, and the Gray umbrella are. Gray it its own thing, just like Bi is its own thing/not hetero nor homo, but its own separate orientation.