The A Is For Asexual

GreenWithEnby

I don't want to date people because of their looks, it all has to do with their mind and the emotional connection we have. Looks might be involved in some way I'm not even fully aware of, but I don't just look at someone and want to date them. I wouldn't say that intelligence is the only thing that attracts me, but if someone seems interesting that's one of the main things I find attractive. I don't think that this experience deviates from the norm that much. From the responses from sapiosexuals/romantics it seems like they're attracted to people they perceive as interesting or engaging rather than someone that can be demonstrably shown to be intelligent. I don't see using the term sapiosexual(romantic) as wrong in and of itself but unlike other orientations it doesn't specify a gender preference or lack thereof. I don't see how it really relates to the LGBT+ community because it's not an orientation that breaks heteronormativity. Then again, I can see it being embraced as a term that reflects diversity and used to illustrate individual differences. In this respect it could be used to show different aspects of human interaction and attraction, etc.

I don't want to date people because of their looks, it all has to do with their mind and the emotional connection we have. Looks might be involved in some way I'm not even fully aware of, but I don't just look at someone and want to date them. I wouldn't say that intelligence is the only thing that attracts me, but if someone seems interesting that's one of the main things I find attractive. I don't think that this experience deviates from the norm that much. From the responses from sapiosexuals/romantics it seems like they're attracted to people they perceive as interesting or engaging rather than someone that can be demonstrably shown to be intelligent. I don't see using the term sapiosexual(romantic) as wrong in and of itself but unlike other orientations it doesn't specify a gender preference or lack thereof. I don't see how it really relates to the LGBT+ community because it's not an orientation that breaks heteronormativity. Then again, I can see it being embraced as a term that reflects diversity and used to illustrate individual differences. In this respect it could be used to show different aspects of human interaction and attraction, etc.

I'm quite sure like in any other "gray" orientation, people feel attracted to a gender/sex unless if the attraction is platonic, like I already saw an sapio-heteroromantic around AVEN.

I'm quite sure like in any other "gray" orientation, people feel attracted to a gender/sex unless if the attraction is platonic, like I already saw an sapio-heteroromantic around AVEN.

I'm not sure what you mean by people feel attracted to a gender/sex. Some people are attracted to only one gender or sex. For others the gender and sex is irrelevant. That isn't related to the term sapiosexual/romantic. People could be gray and ID as sapiosexual/romantic but it's a rather widely used term and being gray isn't in the definition. I'm not really sure what your trying to argue. (not being sarcastic, just literally unsure)

I'm not sure what you mean by people feel attracted to a gender/sex. Some people are attracted to only one gender or sex. For others the gender and sex is irrelevant. That isn't related to the term sapiosexual/romantic. People could be gray and ID as sapiosexual/romantic but it's a rather widely used term and being gray isn't in the definition. I'm not really sure what your trying to argue. (not being sarcastic, just literally unsure)
No, you are right, I just meant sapiosexuality/romantism is under the gray umbrella, like demi/fray/apres/apo/bellus/cupio/apath/recipro/WTF/nebula/idem/burst/gray/etc-sexuality/romantism.