Effects of Ecstacy? (the drug)

Omnes et Nihil

Omnes et Nihil

A friend of mine asked me about the effects of Ecstasy on asexuals. Having never tried the stuff myself (with no intention of ever doing so) I could only propose several possible theories.

I was wondering if anyone has actually tried Ecstasy? And if so... what were the effects / were they similar to the effects on sexual people?

(I understand that the backflooding of MNDA receptors would happen either way...)

Just a note from one of the mods of this forum - Aven does not promote or endorse the use of illegal substances.

Those who use or discuss using do so at their own risk of health and prosecution by whatever governments you are subject to.

hawke

str8fuknpimpin

i have never, nor do i intend to ever, use any illegal substancs...in rare cases, i have been known to indulge in alcoholic beverages...

i have frequently posted some of my "joking" threads of sarcasm, stating my "pretend" usage of drugs, however, sarcasm is obviously different than seriousness..although sometimes not obvious...

hawke is right Omnes, discussing illegality on a public forum isn't the wisest choice, however, it can be rightly funny to "role play" :)

Heh heh. Happy drug week everyone! (I have no idea, let's just pretend)

I'm sure mostly I would just get very very fond of feeling materials. Apparently I did that when I was an infant.

Buuut, while I did want to try E when I was like 16 ... I've matured since then. I see NO point now.

mylittlevoices

As a pharmacologist I'd reckon the effect would be pretty similar as to everyone else for the most part. But as to whether it may cause a person who dislikes touch to become all huggy for example, I don't know. Would be an interesting thing to see, but obviously not the best idea to try. I have seen too many people doped up on various substances at Creamfields to ever want to try drugs.

Omnes et Nihil
hawke is right Omnes, discussing illegality on a public forum isn't the wisest choice, however, it can be rightly funny to "role play" :)

I'm sorry. I didn't really think of that. Quite honestly I am so far removed from the practical aspect of such matters that it didn't even occur to me. Someone asked me (knowing full well that I don't do and never have done anything of the sort) so I thought I'd open up the question to other people who might know, without thinking that if they did, they probably wouldn't or shouldn't answer.

[Feel free to delete this thread or lock it or something if you deem that more appropriate. It's not really censorship if it's sanctioned by the author after realising the implications of the question...]

From my understanding according to other admods who have been here longer, there is no policy on discussing illegal activity to make your post need to be deleted. So, I won't delete it unless you PM me and insist for personal reasons. :)

It is an interesting question, but to protect Aven and Avenites I thought a little protective disclaimer would be nice to add in there considering the drug is dangerous, illegal and we have some impressionable and/or young folks who hang out around here.

hawke

From the AADAC (Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission web site):

"Side effects may include:

- seizures

- brain shrinkage

- suicidal depression

- heart, kidney, and liver failure

Additional side effects include

- violent mood swings

- skin lesions

- sleeplessness

- anxiety

- paranoia

- and the gradual loss of friends and family

Not to be taken by those with a chronic health condition, in perfect health, or anyone in their right mind."

From the AADAC (Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission web site):

Not to be taken by those with a chronic health condition, in perfect health, or anyone in their right mind."

So does this mean that someone who is already crazy and mildly healthy then its ok? Somehow I still think it has bad effects.

Now why not list the good effects of it as well? It's like reading about Stalin or Hitler in History class in High School (which was many moons ago) they didn't mention anything good that they might have done.

But then again I was never a fan of high school History. Seemed way too one sided for me and condensed.

mylittlevoices

Ecstacy or just to show off methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) blocks the reuptake of the neurotransmitters, noradrenaline, dopamine and 5HT (serotonin) and also causes neurotransmitter release. This produces a large amount of neurotransmitter hanging about to stimulate receptors, and it cannot be removed by the normal uptake mechanisms. It's desired effects are;

Increased energy

Euphoria

Increased confidence

Enhanced sex drive (gather this is the interesting part of whether the drug would affect asexuals in a similar way to sexuals)

(there's the good effects for you)

Adverse effects include;

increase in tension

increase in body temperature

headache

nausea

loss of appetite (coincidentally ecstasy was first synthesised as an appetite depressant, but it was never marketed due to it's adverse effects)

insomnia

depression

(the majority of these adverse effects can continue to a couple of days after use)

Psychological effects can occur, including anxiety, mild hallucinations etc, these can lead to panic attacks, and if the drug has been taken several times to maintain the high an 'amphetamine psychosis' can develop, this resembles an acute schizophrenic attack.

And lets not forget the risk of sudden death too.

Really in my opinion the bad effects greatly outweigh the good. It is beyond me why this is considered a relatively safe drug (I have come across people who have taken more than 5 ecstasy tablets, usually they're not in a good way).

I as somebody who knows quite something about drugs I strongly recommend you to not use it at all.It's easily physically addictive and the effects while taking it are just nice at the first trip but I guess you're curious about the increase of the sex drive which often follows after taking such a pill.Unfortunatly I have no experiences about that matter as far as it concerns asexuals but the effect on the sex drive is not that big it's rather so that people feel a greatly increased sex drive because they simply loose control over their drives and feelings.If you're just looking about sex-drive increasing drugs there are many more,more harmless ones which do not have those extremely bad side effects.

Now why not list the good effects of it as well? It's like reading about Stalin or Hitler in History class in High School (which was many moons ago) they didn't mention anything good that they might have done.

I think it's mainly because the bad things are so inexcusable. I mean, I personally think that Hitler had a few good ideas going, but on the other hand he caused the slaughter of millions of people. And that's the part that's so important, and that we can't risk overlooking. If you don't give people any good with the bad, then the bad can't be overlooked. So in the same way, drugs might make you feel nice and have a few good side effects, but they will also kill you or at least make you very unhealthy. And that's a lot more important.

- Alan