So, this is a pretty neat piece of visibility...

Scottthespy

Not sure this belongs here, but its about visibility so...

I've extolled the virtues of a few pages of the webcomic/sex toy review site ohjoysextoy.com here on Aven before. A strange site to be pandering around an asexual forums, but its got a lot of very good information, and is open, inviting, laid back and friendly, rather than sleazy and sexualized to uncomfortable degrees. It often talks about important topics, like how exactly to work an open relationship, or what IS consent really? And today, when I checked it during a round of all my webcomics...it featured a guest comic on asexuality. Its one person's experiences with asexuality, and its not the most informative, but its enough to put a bug in people's ears. And since Erika, the writer and manager of ohjoysextoy.com, is always pushing positive messages about non-heteronormative relationships, this comic is likely to be seen by people who are going to receive it in a positive and welcoming light. Erika has featured plenty of sultry comics before, all of them with a focus on sexual relationships that are very positive and loving, but not exactly vanilla, including ones with non binary gendered people and open relationships with different levels of libido in the people in them. Having asexuality featured in her comic is a great way for a lot of sexual people who are open and inclusive and friendly and positive about their sexual views to get word of asexuality and maybe look more into it, and I think its a great place with great people to hear about this topic, and maybe spread it in a positive light. It was pretty exciting to see asexualty featured in a positive focus sex talk comic like this, so I thought I'd share.

This link should go directly to the asexuality page and NO other page on the site, and the asexuality comic itself features nothing that could make most people uncomfortable, however, the adds on the ohjoysextoy.com site often feature graphic content, so this is still click at your own risk.

http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/ace-kiku-h/

sir octepus tea

gawd the ads are fucking gross

interesting, since this person and I have had similar experiences coming out to ourselves. also nice to see a sx-positive site promoting the message that not all people will enjoy it and it's okay.

I've had experiences really similar to what was portrayed in the comic, and it was really refreshing to see that story told in such a positive way. :)

The part at the end seems to conflate aromanticism and asexuality a little bit (Some asexuals feel zero sexual or romantic attraction at all...), but they do acknowledge that there is a lot of variation on the asexual spectrum and that sexual and romantic orientation aren't the same thing. They've also linked to AVEN, so anyone who is interested can learn more.

(EDIT: I also didn't even notice the ads until they were pointed out here. Ace moment I guess? :ph34r:)

:unsure: There were ads on the side of the comic that had pictures of women's genitals.

:unsure: There were ads on the side of the comic that had pictures of women's genitals.

That would be the "graphic adds, click at own risk" part that I mentioned, yes. It is, after all, a sex toy review comic. The adds are going to reflect that. Once again, to any one who has issues with graphic sexual content, there are adds on this site that you will probably not want to see. Don't click the link if that bothers you.

That would be the "graphic adds, click at own risk" part that I mentioned, yes. It is, after all, a sex toy review comic. The adds are going to reflect that. Once again, to any one who has issues with graphic sexual content, there are adds on this site that you will probably not want to see. Don't click the link if that bothers you.

Or... use adblockplus, which really you should be using an adblocker anyways for the safety of your PC (lots of ads have spyware and/or viruses), then you see no ads. :D

If you guys want to read the comic but not see any of the cray cray yucky ads, then here ya go: http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/comics/2015-12-22-Ace-Kiku-H.png

Uhm...sorry but the link didn't work for me. It gave me a page with "access denied" and "The owner of this website does not allow hotlinking to that resource".

Did anyone else get that?

Yup, but just when I click on the link. Try right-clicking and copying. :)

Yeah, gonna bookmark this and send it around or something. It's so relatable

• 1 year later...
Gardencroutons

Hmm, I think I knew of a situation almost identical to that happening once. The comic is exaggerating the benevolence a bit though. 

• 1 month later...
darkstreamers252

Very interesting, I liked it, very unusual to see such things on a pro-sexual site like that.

Archived