Black Ace Ring

I got my black onyx Ace ring in today's mail and am wearing it right now! :D 8) :cake: :aven:

We want photos!! WE WANT PHOTOS!! :D :D

SeriousCyclist
I used to wear a ring daily, but I never met another asexual because of it. I have met one other person by wearing an asexual pride dog tag necklace I got off of Etsy. That was in Colorado, and there seems to be a big asexual community there.

The main problem I had is that apparently, wearing a ring on your middle finger is a gay thing. Although I never met another asexual because of a black ring on my middle finger, I did have a lot of gay guys start conversations with me when I was wearing it. I think I also attract the type they call a "muscle queen."

I have absolutely no problem with the LBGT community whatsoever. None. I think it isn't right how they are discriminated against, and I've marched in support of gay rights for many years. I also understand that gender identity is not sexual identity. But the guys hitting on me are doing so because they think I'm wearing the ring as a sexually active gay man, and I'm guessing they are acting on the preliminary stages of sexual attraction. I don't want have sex, nor do I even want to think about it, with any man or woman. And to be honest, flirting kind of confuses me. I can tell when it's happeneing, but I really have no desire to try and figure it out past that.

This is my ring.

hzLfekk.jpg

Oh, I am wearing nail polish right now because I had cosmetology a couple weeks ago and we painted our nails. I kind of like it.

Solid black bands are the most common style, and the type of ring that I also have, but there aren't any "rules" stating that an ace ring has to be a solid black band. They can be made from different materials, including steel, tungsten, ceramic, onyx and hematite. Hematite rings are probably the easiest and cheapest ones to get, but they break easily. My ring is made of ceramic, but I don't do anything that would put it at risk of breaking.

I've seen some people have rings with ace cards on them as their ace rings.

Since I don't have anything to take a picture of my ring right now, heres a closeup of it in one of my senior pictures. If you're looking for rings, I got mine here and it's exactly what I was looking for and it only costs a dollar!!

I was looking at that exact one! Would you say it's durable? How does the finish hold up to daily wear n tear? I work in retail and wouldn't want it to scratch too quickly.

I suggest a tungsten or tungsten carbide ring if you want something more durable. I got mine last Christmas. they're a bit more money. I went through hundreds of things on Amazon before I found one for a decent price (either 15 or 30 US dollars, I can't remember) with a good review. The only issue is that you can't resize it. It'll make the metal a more brownish or grayish color. However it doesn't scratch at all. You can get it wet. It's worth the money if you wear it everyday like I do.

I think the cheapest I saw on Amazon was $10, so you can get them pretty cheap with a little looking.

I'm going to make one out of embroidery floss (like the type that friendship bracelets are made of) when I get some black thread. It'll be epic.

I don't have a black asexual ring but I will be looking for one during my Christmas shopping. Also a wristband in the asexual colours. Anything which sends a signal to other aces is cool in my books.

I ordered mine in a size I thought I was based on a measurement chart, but it turned out a little too big so I ordered another a size down. thankfully the company i ordered from (someone linked on the first page) the price was only five dollars. they also gave me a chain so I've been wearing my too big ring around my neck temporarily. i'll probably give my bigger ring to an asexual friend or partner if i ever meet one. interestingly my mom saw it and asked 'wat it meant' and i just said nothing lol because i don't want to come out (to her). as far as I know she knows nothing about asexuality or black rings etc.

I just bought my second black ring and I'm super happy about it 😍 , my first one started to get strangely white and I just bought another (came today).

I'm not afraid to use or anything, because if someone search "black ring in middle finger" in my language, portuguese, they won't find anything.

This is the only photo I have of my rings.

12386548_1033953786656425_1888746135_n.j

I ended up buying two different rings off Amazon. Since I already wear jewelry, I didn't want a plain black band. I wanted something a little more fancy that fits the style of rings I already wear. I wear the band most often. The heart one I wear when I want to dress up a little bit.

So far only my mom has noticed the rings, but she doesn't know what they mean.

61ZjCirT0NL._UY500_.jpg

41FfzjGia4L.jpg

♦ Cake Enthusiast ♦

Would you say that for it to be recognizable as an Ace ring that it needs to be a black band? Cause when looking it up on the internet I only seemed to come across people wearing black bands. Not like say a black stone in a silver setting.

There are no "rules" for black rings, but the original idea was the one of a ring that is black itself (which means black band, yes).

Of course, you don't have to follow that idea, you just asked how it should be to be recognizable as an Ace ring, and I personally wouldn't even think about it being signifying that if it was a silver with black gems (for example).

But hey, whatever floats your goat.

Also, there's still a lot of options and possibilities to customize if you're going for a black band.

I for example am daily wearing a matte black with the "One Ring"-engraving from the Lord of the Rings (yes it was expensive but shut up I REGRET NOTHING)

That's so nerdy, I love it! please upload a pic of it.

Well, I don't have a photo of it yet, but there's pictures on the internet.

It looks like this:

1026.jpg

Of course, I'll upload a photo as soon as I get to it.

I really want one, but I have some problems I need to solve first, so i'm waiting, although I REALLY want to buy one.

I got mine back in June, and I absolutely love it. The only time I ever take it off is to shower. So far, it's been durable, and I haven't noticed any sort of wear on it. I bought it here on Etsy.

tumblr_nzl1ya8iNZ1r29jd1o1_540.jpg

The only time it has been recognized as an Ace ring was for a meet-up with other Aces, but just wearing it gives me a sense of community.

I'm considering getting an alternate ring as well what do you think of these three?

JTQBs3u.png

WE8l6XB.png

51jqb%2B3bUbL.jpg

51AkwoQgywL.jpg

I really love the one with the little heart. They come as a set but I think I would just wear the heart one by its self.

:edited:

I've been wearing an ace ring daily since around April 2014. I don't have a picture of it, but it looks like this:

41uU0oji31L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I love this ring because it doesn't have any additional colours or stones (which I didn't want on my ring) but the design keeps it from being too dull (also what I didn't want). My ring has held up pretty well, but I'll be ordering a new one soon since the paint is slowly starting to chip off.

I'm considering getting an alternate ring as well what do you think of these three?

JTQBs3u.png

WE8l6XB.png

51jqb%2B3bUbL.jpg

51AkwoQgywL.jpg

I really love the one with the little heart. They come as a set but I think I would just wear the heart one by its self.

:edited:

Those are pretty. I really like the last one...the one with the hearts. Wish I found something more like that when I was looking to buy my rings.

I've been wearing an ace ring daily since around April 2014. I don't have a picture of it, but it looks like this:

41uU0oji31L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I love this ring because it doesn't have any additional colours or stones (which I didn't want on my ring) but the design keeps it from being too dull (also what I didn't want). My ring has held up pretty well, but I'll be ordering a new one soon since the paint is slowly starting to chip off.

I almost got this one. It was a tossup between it and the band I ended up getting.

Aria Silverfyre

Got my rings today! The shipping was super fast. Wasn't supposed to be here until Jan 7. They both look great. I'll see about getting a pic later.

The Maple Leaf Forever

I've been through several since I started wearing one last October. First I had a stained metal one that was not so good to begin with and I lost it. Then I started wearing hematite rings, but they kept breaking. I recently got an onyx one, it's rounded, more or less like A-mazing's. It appears to be more solid than hematite.

Wow, so many awesome rings!! : )

Here is mine (along with my pretty bird ring):

f1554259-c0aa-4b71-a236-c16175e7b82d_zps

I ended up buying two different rings off Amazon. Since I already wear jewelry, I didn't want a plain black band. I wanted something a little more fancy that fits the style of rings I already wear. I wear the band most often. The heart one I wear when I want to dress up a little bit.

@Stargazer365: I always look at those rings on Amazon and want them, especially the heart one. So they're good quality?

words are futile devices

acering_zpsi9yy9zh4.jpeg

I got my new ring in today! Been wanting this one for a long time so I'm really excited! Please excuse my horribly dry skin; colder weather + washing my hands at work 40 times a day = sandpaper knuckles. But if you look closely, you'll find a perching kitty silhouette reflected in the One Ring. :D

@Stargazer365: I always look at those rings on Amazon and want them, especially the heart one. So they're good quality?

I've only worn the heart one a few times and so far it's okay. I think it might actually be plastic. I wear the band daily. I've only been wearing it for a little over a month and noticing the black is starting to chip a little at the edges. I don't know if it's because I wore a ring on the finger next to it and it was scratching the black ring. I've moved the ring to another finger and I'll see how the black band holds up now. Other than the barely noticeable chips, I really like the band.

DannyFenton123

Looking at some of the photos of other people's rings, maybe it's me but first impressions are that my ring looks wider than a lot of other people's rings.

...which proves that even amongst asexuals, there's ALWAYS a bloke who says "Well, my one is bigger than your one...!!!" :P :P :P

You call that a ring? xD

7Ef7dZZ.jpg

But I rarely wear that one because I'm too lazy. Most of the time I just twirl a hairband around my finger, which actually looks pretty nice:

TDxp8X5.jpg

Does anyone here wear a black ace ring on their middle finger? If so, could you show a pic :)

I'm thniking about getting one myself.

Thank you thank you thank you! :) I've just recently discovered asexuality as a term and the idea of a black ace ring is awesome! I'm going to see if it's too late for santa to bring one down the chimney so I can post a pic Friday.