Black Ace Ring

GreenWithEnby

I'm getting mine for Christmas as well, which is fairly easy for me since no one in my family knows what it means as I haven't come out yet. I'm really excited to get one, it makes me extremely proud!

I'm getting mine for Christmas as well, which is fairly easy for me since no one in my family knows what it means as I haven't come out yet. I'm really excited to get one, it makes me extremely proud!

Hey, nobody knows about me either! high five!

I really want one, but I doubt I'll get one for a few years due to various reasons. If I had one I would wear it, like, all the time, for sure.

I have a black ring that I used to wear a lot. I don't have a picture to share at the moment, but I made it myself by just stringing black beads onto some cord and tying it to the size of my finger. Very simple, and also very comfortable since I was able to make it exactly the size I needed. I don't wear it as much anymore for various reasons, but I still have it around and will wear it occasionally if I feel the urge to.

Would you say that for it to be recognizable as an Ace ring that it needs to be a black band? Cause when looking it up on the internet I only seemed to come across people wearing black bands. Not like say a black stone in a silver setting.

I love the idea of the ace ring and I feel like I'm missing an important part of me when I don't wear it now... I'm still waiting for someone to recognize it but its ok if no one does.

Since I don't have anything to take a picture of my ring right now, heres a closeup of it in one of my senior pictures. If you're looking for rings, I got mine here and it's exactly what I was looking for and it only costs a dollar!!

P1019591_pp_zpst2cc7fmq.jpg

Aria Silverfyre

Since I don't have anything to take a picture of my ring right now, heres a closeup of it in one of my senior pictures. If you're looking for rings, I got mine here and it's exactly what I was looking for and it only costs a dollar!!

I was looking at that exact one! Would you say it's durable? How does the finish hold up to daily wear n tear? I work in retail and wouldn't want it to scratch too quickly.

I found mine at walmart and im getting it for christmas its black and sliver so its perfect since im demisexual :3

♦ Cake Enthusiast ♦

Would you say that for it to be recognizable as an Ace ring that it needs to be a black band? Cause when looking it up on the internet I only seemed to come across people wearing black bands. Not like say a black stone in a silver setting.

There are no "rules" for black rings, but the original idea was the one of a ring that is black itself (which means black band, yes).

Of course, you don't have to follow that idea, you just asked how it should be to be recognizable as an Ace ring, and I personally wouldn't even think about it being signifying that if it was a silver with black gems (for example).

But hey, whatever floats your goat.

Also, there's still a lot of options and possibilities to customize if you're going for a black band.

I for example am daily wearing a matte black with the "One Ring"-engraving from the Lord of the Rings (yes it was expensive but shut up I REGRET NOTHING)

verily-forsooth-egads

Lucky thing I already have a picture; I'd be too lazy otherwise.

vw1YFhU.jpg

It's stone, and I bought it on a hot day—doesn't fit so well this time of year.

There are no "rules" for black rings, but the original idea was the one of a ring that is black itself (which means black band, yes).

Of course, you don't have to follow that idea, you just asked how it should be to be recognizable as an Ace ring, and I personally wouldn't even think about it being signifying that if it was a silver with black gems (for example).

Also, there's still a lot of options and possibilities to customize if you're going for a black band.

I for example am daily wearing a matte black with the "One Ring"-engraving from the Lord of the Rings (yes it was expensive but shut up I REGRET NOTHING)

That's so nerdy, I love it! please upload a pic of it.

Purchased this ring back in January and have been wearing it pretty much every day since.

I tend to go for minimalistic jewelry = thin bands (1 or 2 mm) when it comes to rings.

I've got this ring:

DSCN0876_edited.jpg

I have only had it for around a month to perhaps six weeks. I managed to get it from ebay. I only wear it when I am going out, like when I go volunteering or when I am visiting my sister.

My sister knows about asexuality, so she knows about the ace connection with the ring. However, only one other person (so far) has asked about the ring. I'm cautious who I discuss asexuality with, especially as I've had some bad experiances with a small number of people who knew. I'm not saying the guy who asked will be like that - he's a nice guy - but I am still cautious still. I told him that it's my way of showing support for a group of people I know who were there for me when I was going through a rough time back in 2008.

It's technically accurate - the group of people I was referring to was everyone here at AVEN, and the rough time I was having was back when I was really questioning my sexuality. But my reply doesn't give the full story.

♦ Cake Enthusiast ♦

That's so nerdy, I love it! please upload a pic of it.

Oh, don't worry, I will. Just need to get a good photo (honestly I'm just lazy as hug)

I was looking at that exact one! Would you say it's durable? How does the finish hold up to daily wear n tear? I work in retail and wouldn't want it to scratch too quickly.

It's definitely durable! I've accidentally scraped it across some rough surfaces and haven't yet gotten any scratches :D My dog has gotten ahold of it before (so so so thankful he only kept it by his teeth and not in the back of his mouth) and it still looks brand new

CatastropheCat

I got mine from here! It fits perfectly and it's held up well for the few months that I've had it :)

QEEGcYP.jpg

Aria Silverfyre

It's definitely durable! I've accidentally scraped it across some rough surfaces and haven't yet gotten any scratches :D My dog has gotten ahold of it before (so so so thankful he only kept it by his teeth and not in the back of his mouth) and it still looks brand new

Awesome! Thanks for the input. I'll probably order it soon. Might as well get two. I can't decide if I like the 3mm or 4mm better, so I'll just get both for that price. haha

WaywardHeroine

I just got mine! I don't have a pic, but I basically just went to Amazon and typed in "black ring." It's got a silver heart on it and what looks like the line of a heart rate monitor going around the band.

I wear a black ring on my right middle finger. I've been wearing one since about 2012, when I discovered I was an Aro Ace. I don't have a pic tho.....I love my ring and I've gotten a few comments about it. I met up with a fellow ace, who admired it. Most of the other peeps, tho, had no idea what it stood/stands for. Oh well, it's only important to my fellow Aces!!! :)

Can't share a picture of it now but I have a shiny black steel ring I'm wearing now. I can't wear it around family or old friends, this would cause too much grief at this point. But I do wear it at work and when I'm out elsewhere. I really like it, black has always been my favorite color anyway.

No one has said anything about it although last week we had a group lunch at work and one guy was looking at it but he didn't say anything.

I like the way it looks and it's a good reminder that this is okay, there are others like me too.

Looking at some of the photos of other people's rings, maybe it's me but first impressions are that my ring looks wider than a lot of other people's rings.

...which proves that even amongst asexuals, there's ALWAYS a bloke who says "Well, my one is bigger than your one...!!!" :P :P :P