Asexuality but confusing situation

Alanabeth

I am a woman, who identifies as asexual. I have never been interested in having sex with someone, nor do I aquire the need for a sexual relationship. Most of the time I am appalled by seeing or talking about sex, especially when I'm not expected it. rarely every now and then usually when I'm manic, or hyper, or super energetic, there will be a slight sexual drive. which is not directed at anyone, and I don't want anyone especially real. but I may find myself thinking about sex but no person or softcore videos where I'm more focused on the absurdity of sex, but it is odd because even though I'm not thinking the people are sexy or want to do it with either of them it seems there is a slight libido side that tends to enjoy it. and there is my paradox. SO its like there is a sexual drive but not wanting to have sex or finding the people attractive. just the acts. I'm not sure why the fictitious (or real) acts of sex can create some type of arousal response but not the specific people involved. and its weird because it will never go this far with people I know. So what is going on. can anyone relate or am I just an asshole.

Miss Anne Thrope

Nah, I totally understand. I have a libido that's probably close to an average person's, and I feel like that often. If I could experience the sensations of having sex with another person without having another person actually involved, I would love that.

Nah, I totally understand. I have a libido that's probably close to an average person's, and I feel like that often. If I could experience the sensations of having sex with another person without having another person actually involved, I would love that.

I guess this explains my dichotomy of my identities. I went back and forth with my orientation because of this.

Miss Anne Thrope

I guess this explains my dichotomy of my identities. I went back and forth with my orientation because of this.

Yeah, I did too. But in the end I realized that no matter what else I feel, I do not experience sexual attraction to other people. Therefore, I am asexual. This is the label that feels right to me.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Lets leave this up just in case anyone else has experienced this.

Archived