FTM, Trans Masc, & Male Centered Folk

jack616

Hey, I was looking for a trans masc thread in the Gender discussion.... thought I'd make one. Anyone else out there like to chat or share? :)

I identify as non binary, but I'm male centered. I'm transitioning to more male but ill still want to sit more in the non binary area :)

Currently I'm having an awkward time with clothes, I'm post top surgery but not on T yet. And getting used to a new body shape is just... difficult. :/ I feel very mismatched in shape now and it's not even about weight it's bone structure, which I know can't change. (Pout) I thought Id be able to ditch the baggy clothes post surgery but I don't see that happening anytime soon

:(

Just thought I'd see if anyone else wanted to share or had tips?

What's on your mind about being trans masculine or male centered? :)

https3A2F2F36.media.tumblr.com2Fdc1dd4d1

Please do! :)

I thought about Agender and Neutrois in the title for this thread, but I wasn't sure if that would seem I was appropriating or...? Would they come under the non binary umbrella too?

Fluid and Andro also feel like 'home' to me at times. :) I just know that on the spectrum I lean more toward the mostly male side, and it'd be great to chat and share.

Could I join too?

I'm certainly on the masculine side of non-binary. ;)

I thought about Agender and Neutrois in the title for this thread, but I wasn't sure if that would seem I was appropriating or...? Would they come under the non binary umbrella too?

Fluid and Andro also feel like 'home' to me at times. :) I just know that on the spectrum I lean more toward the mostly male side, and it'd be great to chat and share.

We go under the trinary umbrella: males/females/genderless, however we still called non binary bc binary are only males and females.

I haven't been on hormones yet, I want to fit an hermaphrodotisc body >.<. Idk if that's rly possible and I feel ya I have dysphoria too, we all have, it's normal for Trans and neutrois, sometimes I feel awkward with the things that happens down there, if u get me... DX

And if anyone has any tips on presenting feel free to share! My wardrobe is a constant facepalm, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can get away with baggy casual stuff perhaps but omg it'd be nice to wear something that doesn't make me feel like a scruffy kid. *pulls paper bag over self*

We go under the trinary umbrella: males/females/genderless, however we still called non binary bc binary are only males and females.

I haven't been on hormones yet, I want to fit an hermaphrodotisc body >.<. Idk if that's rly possible and I feel ya I have dysphoria too, we all have, it's normal for Trans and neutrois, sometimes I feel awkward with the things that happens down there, if u get me... DX

Maybe could revise the topic header later?

I hate dysphoria :/ yeah same. If I can cover it all up I feel a little better. Depends what to cover it up with tho! ://

I hate dysphoria :/ yeah same. If I can cover it all up I feel a little better. Depends what to cover it up with tho! ://

I don't even know how to cover it, is there any genderless underwear? XD
Anthracite_Impreza

I think I belong here, I'm about 15% male, 85% agender, but I just call myself agender for simplicity. I seem to have more male in me than female though, I have practically none of that.

I wish I was brave enough for surgery, I'm scared of hospitals, n***les, pain, doctors... Sorry about your troubles :(

I think I belong here, I'm about 15% male, 85% agender, but I just call myself agender for simplicity. I seem to have more male in me than female though, I have practically none of that.

I wish I was brave enough for surgery, I'm scared of hospitals, n***les, pain, doctors Sorry about your troubles :(

U r demiagender then?
Anthracite_Impreza

I wish I was brave enough for surgery, I'm scared of hospitals, n***les, pain, doctors Sorry about your troubles :(

U r demiagender then?
I know more about string theory than I do my own gender (I'm actually not joking, I'm quite knowledgable about string theory) ;)

I personally wear jersey boxers. To me, it feels a lot more comfortable than womens underwear (because you don't feel something on you) and there's just a lot more combination on what I can choose in terms of colour and such. I'm not really too sure on genderless underwear, but that's what I feel most comfortable with.

But then I'm transmasculine, so I'm probably a little biased in my answering, and especially since I started wearing boxers before I identified as non-binary. ^_^

U r demiagender then?
I know more about string theory than I do my own gender (I'm actually not joking, I'm quite knowledgable about string theory) ;)
OK lol fine, I wouldn't remove my genitals either, it's too expensive, docs may think I'm nuts, it's painful (u r right), u can even die, if u r a male u won't be able to pee standing by ur own ever again and u won't be able to have kids, chemical castration is the best option to disable genitals in my opinion. :/

U r demiagender then?

Lol! ^_^ aw I know what you mean (hugs)

I know for certain I am ace (only realised it recently) and am more sure of that than I am about any of my gender things :// c'est la vie!

Please join in tho ^_^

I love non binary bc it feels freeing. I prefer neutral most-things for myself, always have. The only times I feel very binary has been playing other roles (stage, Larp, aka not me lol)

X

I personally wear jersey boxers. To me, it feels a lot more comfortable than womens underwear (because you don't feel something on you) and there's just a lot more combination on what I can choose in terms of colour and such. I'm not really too sure on genderless underwear, but that's what I feel most comfortable with.

But then I'm transmasculine, so I'm probably a little biased in my answering, and especially since I started wearing boxers before I identified as non-binary. ^_^

I think if u have female or male genitals u should use the respective underwear for each so uses won't feel uncomfortable, if u have nothing BTW ur legs Idk then. Dx

Aven#1fan, lol I meant outer clothes! ^_^

But yeah strictly speaking clothes are clothes are clothes... wear what is comfortable! :) same for under clothes.

I guess it's difficult in society when say, I'm trying to pass stealthily as male for my own safety (town sucks, Im shy) and I have no idea what would help me pass more. I'm just a bundle of awkward.

Give me anyone else to dress and I'd be fine. Myself? No idea.

Aven#1fan, lol I meant outer clothes! ^_^

But yeah strictly speaking clothes are clothes are clothes... wear what is comfortable! :) same for under clothes.

I guess it's difficult in society when say, I'm trying to pass stealthily as male for my own safety (town sucks, Im shy) and I have no idea what would help me pass more. I'm just a bundle of awkward.

Give me anyone else to dress and I'd be fine. Myself? No idea.

Lol u r very sweet.

Let's move away from genital discussion okay? ://

Gender is not defined by body parts and it's no one's business what underwear everyone else wears.

'Should' is an opinion.

I wanted to create a safe space for Afab trans folk to chat. If this focuses on genitals ill delete the topic.

Move on!

Anthracite_Impreza

I just wear trackie bottoms and whatever shirts I like, all baggy of course. Tight clothes bother me more because of the feel than anything else tbh >.< I have literally no fashion sense, I mix trackies, Christmas socks and a racing shirt on a regular basis :P

Gender is not defined by body parts and it's no one's business what underwear everyone else wears.

'Should' is an oponion.

I wanted to create a safe space for Afab trans folk to chat. If this focuses on genitals ill delete the topic.

Move on!

Yeah underwear is related to what feels more comfortable on what's down under, not gender or sex. :)

'Should' is an oponion.

Move on!

Yeah underwear is related to what feels more comfortable on what's down under, not gender or sex. :)

I disagree. Anything we choose to put on our body is down to personal taste, no matter what is dictated by society, we always have a preference.

Thats enough underwear talk now. Drawing a line under it thanks.

I just wear trackie bottoms and whatever shirts I like, all baggy of course. Tight clothes bother me more because of the feel than anything else tbh >.< I have literally no fashion sense, I mix trackies, Christmas socks and a racing shirt on a regular basis :P

Thank goodness for tracksuit bottoms tbh. I have quite a few! Which have seen no running, on a track or anywheremail ;)

'Should' is an oponion.

Move on!

I disagree. Anything we choose to put on our body is down to personal taste, no matter what is dictated by society, we always have a preference.

Thats enough underwear talk now. Drawing a line under it thanks.

Thank goodness for tracksuit bottoms tbh. I have quite a few! Which have seen no running, on a track or anywheremail ;)

Finnneee, so what is it like to be an intersex or an transexual?

Hi

I think I better understand non-binary and "male centered" females, than ordinary cis-women.

Though, I'm not into clothers or fashion, I prefer female gender-presentation (not "feminine" or "girly"), I just don't care much about it and always try to choose "easier" way. I'm not a fan of any body-modifications either (even such like piercing, etc).

So, I doubt if I can give any worthy advice, but I don't mind make some friends :)

Qwerty321, I get what you mean :)

And friends is always good! ^_^

Yes, everything that is beyond "male" and "female" is "non-binary". :)

I'm somewhere between agender and transmasculine...

I'm actually on the waiting list for a gender clinic here in the UK as I intend to transition, or at the very least have top surgery. Less than a year to wait :D

Ooh UK as well! That's great I hope things go well :) I'm always on the wait list, I'll be with charing X soonish. Maybe. :/

Anthracite_Impreza

For anyone who's already started gender therapy, what exactly is the process? What do they talk to you about (besides the obvious gender issues)? I've just been referred for general therapy and gender is among that, and I don't know what to expect from it.

I know I'm writing about this all the time but let me write this again:

straight leg pants :)

They do wonders. They managed to slim down visually my 100cm-circumference hips.

And the way you walk and carry yourself.

Also:

http://ftmguide.rassaku.net/

Skip to clothes section. Conclusion from this guide: the right size.

Hehe, I'm writing a resource page about abndrogynous presentation :P It's empty right now, but I can throw in something some rambling that are going to be there but are still in my head.

I dunno if I count as transmasculine, since I'm more andro, neutral or "switches presentation according to direction of wind" if anything, but whatever :)

Archived