Chronosexuality, sexsomnia or mental disorder?

hekky1

I have never found this term anywhere. I was thinking about me as a new concept. Well, I'm definitely asexual during day (as probably many times).

However, at night things get not only different, it's just plain weird and crazy. Sometimes during sleep I get suddenly woken up by plain and extreme arousal. Firstly, I tried explaining it as sexsomnia, but I don't think that's it, because I am aware of everything what happens. It's like a possesion by a demon. Rarely I can control what is happening. It's like everything what might happen is indifferent to me. It even can happen when just before sleep I give away all the tension. I don't know where this energy comes from. I tried relating it to eating before sleep, stress and other factors, but nothing explained anything. Also, it always happens just when I lose consciousness when starting the sleeping phase.

Less of a sexuality subject: recently, I started changing attitude towards myself (read: find inner love towards yourself) and try to accept myself whatever and whoever I am. So I was thinking about term for me: chronosexuality. Asexual during day, ?-sexual at night.

However, I still don't know whether it is possible, how accurate or if true. I was also thinking (less scientific) about chakra imbalance. Or maybe it's simply a mental or hormonal disorder.

I didn't find anything googling. The only similar events are sexsomnia, but I shouldn't be remembering this or what's worse, letting it while aware for sometimes I'm afraid that I will hurt someone (at least I sleep alone) or myself.

Has anyone encountered similar disorder?

Sexuality is the attraction towards other people, not just preforming sexual acts.

What happens to you is 100%, completely normal. It happens to a lot of people, and though it also doesn't happen to a lot of people (or it does happen to a lot of people and they're never awake for it). There are a ton of potential reasons I could list scientifically, whether it be your inhibitions are lowered, and/or when in that semiconscious phase the more innate parts fo your brain take over, the ones that would prioritize doing what feels good over anything else. Or the fact that many studies indicate during sleep our body arouses itself to make sure everything is working so to speak (this is, of course, scientifically confirmed in men to happen during REM sleep. But don't quote me when it comes to women, as I can't remember if it happens regularly). And while it may not be as common for sexual acts to be preformed during this, it's certainly not unheard of.

But beyond what conclusions I could draw via logic (which is kinda fuzzy right now because I'm supremely tired). I can also say that this is normal because.. Well... It is. This kind of thing happens to plenty of people In general when we're going to sleep we're not very in control, so the body will do whatever the hell it wants until you are awake enough to really have conscious control over your body again (read: awake enough, not just awake, because we can be awake and half understanding of whats happening, but still not be coherent enough to fully understand, or do anything about it)

Thank you for the reply. It explains a lot. But still, the thing that happens is quite annoying and shortens my sleep time :mad: . I know that benzodapienes should work but I want to avoid medication. Any suggestions?

So you take no medications?

And some people sleep masturbate, it's normal. Well, i don't think it should be a daily thing though.

And yah, sleep boners are normal, but the pain should be a red flag.

Thank you for the reply. It explains a lot. But still, the thing that happens is quite annoying and shortens my sleep time :mad: . I know that benzodapienes should work but I want to avoid medication. Any suggestions?

Not really, it's supposed to go away with time for most people. But I can't really think of any actual measure one could take to ensure you don't do anything like that xD

The only thing I could think of is make sure there's nothing that'd wake you up? Might help prevent you from being awake if anything is happening so you can get some rest. When I was younger I used to have nocturnal emissions sometimes, so I took to making sure I went to the bathroom right before bed (the tight feeling in my gut from having to pee always seemed to increase the likelihood...). Unfortunately, no other such advice from my experience. It's kinda just one of those things.

So you take no medications?

And some people sleep masturbate, it's normal.

And yah, sleep boners are normal, but the pain should be a red flag.

It's not just masturbation. It's kind of extreme perversion sometimes. And what happens in my head then... Better not write it down.

Not really, it's supposed to go away with time for most people. But I can't really think of any actual measure one could take to ensure you don't do anything like that xD

It is already happening since... like 6 years maybe... Not everyday but recently it happens more often.

Yah, not drinking before bed and emptying your bladder can reduce sex dreams/sleep sexual arousal.

By extreme perversion you mean sex dreams?

Yah, not drinking before bed and emptying your bladder can reduce sex dreams/sleep sexual arousal.

By extreme perversion you mean sex dreams?

Gotta try this.

Not dreams. Dreams are a completely different subject. After the attack I check the time, so approximately, it's impossible for me to already start dreaming. It's before the proper REM/NREM phase. It's the point when one loses consciousness, so like 10~30 minutes of laying with closed eyes. Then I remember blackness and suddenly I am super aroused and do stuff I wouldn't normally do, like masochism and other WEIRD fetishes.

Oh... Well then yah, that is odd--you kept making it sound relatively normal lol. Hmm....

While desiring to satisfy sexual arousal is normal, random fetishes obviously isn't. Do you masturbate when you're awake?

While desiring to satisfy sexual arousal is normal, random fetishes obviously isn't. Do you masturbate when you're awake?

Sure I do. Also for some time I was always doing it before sleep to prevent this. But one night it still happened somehow .-.

I think, having BDSM or fetishes fantasies isn't that terrible. Probably, many people have them, they just don't tell about it. It seems, you try to "lock" your desire into your brain, and it doesn't work that way. More you pay attention to your fantasies, more horrible they seem to you. I think, it's better to masturbate and let your fantasies "let out" while you're awake and then forget about it and sleep tight.

Sure I do. Also for some time I was always doing it before sleep to prevent this. But one night it still happened somehow .-.

Even after masturbation you still had a strong arousal?

Yes, that's the major problem, otherwise I wouldn't even start the thread xP. Also, it doesn't happen every night, but sometimes... Average once every three weeks but it becomes more frequent.

Yes, that's the major problem, otherwise I wouldn't even start the thread xP. Also, it doesn't happen every night, but sometimes... Average once every three weeks but it becomes more frequent.

Maybe, you should consult a doctor. If you're into religion, ask your priest or try holy water or something.

I'm sexual, just to throw that out there.

Nighttime is when a lot of people get all... physiologically revved. That's super normal. I know I do. It helps me to sleep if I can get off every night... otherwise it's kind of a battle to ignore the arousal until sleep takes over.

I started having weird fantasies at a very young age, like, about 8ish. I didn't think anything of them at the time, because I was too young to really understand them... I went through many, many years of being horrified/ disgusted by them... eventually, I accepted them. They're just thoughts. It's ok. There are many things that turn people on that they have no interest in pursuing, and that's ok. It's helpful to recognize that this is part of who you are, however. Trying to psychologically distance yourself from them isn't going to work, and in the end it will cause you more trauma than just accepting them.

Personally, it sounds to me like you're a repressed sexual whose sexuality is busting out at the seams. But, who's to say. Regardless, fantasies, getting all aroused at night, needing to jerk off in order to sleep... that's all quite normal.

EDIT: just saw the above-exchange. Still being aroused, or getting re-aroused, after jerking off... also very normal.

I'm sexual, just to throw that out there.

Nighttime is when a lot of people get all... physiologically revved. That's super normal. I know I do. It helps me to sleep if I can get off every night... otherwise it's kind of a battle to ignore the arousal until sleep takes over.

I started having weird fantasies at a very young age, like, about 8ish. I didn't think anything of them at the time, because I was too young to really understand them... I went through many, many years of being horrified/ disgusted by them... eventually, I accepted them. They're just thoughts. It's ok. There are many things that turn people on that they have no interest in pursuing, and that's ok. It's helpful to recognize that this is part of who you are, however. Trying to psychologically distance yourself from them isn't going to work, and in the end it will cause you more trauma than just accepting them.

Personally, it sounds to me like you're a repressed sexual whose sexuality is busting out at the seams. But, who's to say. Regardless, fantasies, getting all aroused at night, needing to jerk off in order to sleep... that's all quite normal.

EDIT: just saw the above-exchange. Still being aroused, or getting re-aroused, after jerking off... also very normal.

Seems I would need to wait until my 40s for it to stop.

Sexuality doesn't stop once you're 40, but it may decrease though.

No, sexual feelings don't generally decrease until decades later. I had to get way past my forties to find that out, from other past-forties people.

Yeah, ik but I will probably have enough low libido to be woken up ;p

Archived