Hello. I'm new here.

Dear Deer Friend

Dear Deer Friend

I'm glad there are finally words to help me describe myself to others.

All through middle school and high school I knew I was different. It felt like I was the only one not interested in dating, but I really didn't pay much attention to it. Last June, during my last year of college, I developed a romantic relationship with one of my friends and I found myself doing something strange. I lied to people about my past to attempt normalcy. I didn't want to seem like the weirdo who had gone 21 years of her life single. I was afraid it would make me look frigid or undesirable so I made up a past dating life. The lies didn't really make a difference in the relationship, but I felt like I knew how to act and what I wanted. What I didn't realize was that sex was expected. I was so confused when a kiss turned into a make out session. Then I was bored. Honestly just so bored. Like I would have rather played checkers or done a jigsaw puzzle.

When I told my friends that I wasn't into it they said that he must have been a bad kisser or maybe he just wasn't the right one, but I didn't really think that was the case.

After about seven months of excruciating amounts of confusion on my part, I started to do some research and I'm so glad there are more like me. In the past when I explained how I felt about sex to people I told them that sexual attraction is a lot like golf.

There are people who really enjoy golf, there are those that go with their partner and play because they want to make their partner happy and then there are those who are so genuinely uninterested that they don't even have the desire to pick up a club. I'm the last kind.

I'm still figuring out where I fit in to all of this, but it is nice to know that I'm not alone. :]

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Glad you made your way here and I hope you enjoy being part of the community. The members are friendly and supportive, so don't hesitate to join in the conversations! :)

apieceofcake.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's awesome that you figured this out and now won't have to put yourself through that boredom again!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself with us! I'm glad that you joined this awesome community. : ) You'll find a lot of people that can relate to you. When you know, you know! And sometimes we just don't know that there's a word for how we're feeling. It's great. Also, I love your golf metaphor!! :3 I hope you enjoy being a member~

img_0668.jpg

I'm 15 and I'm new to AVEN loved the documentary

Gonna get a new phone soon so I'll change profile picture then ttyl

Archived