Binder and soreness

Jorden

I'm just going to get straight to the point I have a couple of days until a doctors appointment to talk to them about some things not relating to this though because it's happening I might bring it up. The only problem is the appointment I had made is in 4 to 5 days and I'm not in extreme pain I'm not even in very much pain but its bothering me and it's aggravating in a way that is uncomfortable. To get to the point after wearing my binder I have noticed a increasing soreness on my nipples I'm trying to find information about something I can possibly use to calm the soreness. It's either I really suck at finding information or there's actually barely anything there for information on this. Any help or advice because these are not comfortable days the only advice I have found was from somebody who told me to use tape but I think that'll just make everything worse and probably even more uncomfortable.

I'm sorry to say that you might have to avoid wearing your binder until the doctor appointment. You shouldn't wear your binder if you are feeling any pain, period. Don't try to bear through it; you'll only worsen the damage. Please, for your safety, just try not to wear it. :(

nerdperson777

What kind of binder are you wearing? Maybe there's a problem with it. I normally wear my Underworks tri-top but I've been wearing gc2b full tank for the past few days since I returned to my much colder hometown for a few days and it's making me red on the sides now.

It sounds like it's decreasing circulation to them. As said, you should not wear it if it's causing any pain. Bearing through it will most likely cause permanent nerve damage/permanent pain and it will then make it very painful when you don't wear a bra basically. There are other options for the time being; you can try another brand of binder after your chest has healed, there are sports bras and some of them have compression (it's nothing along the lines of a binder, but something is still something). Also, maybe you're wearing it too long. You're only supposed to wear it for 8 hours; if you want to wear it longer you need a break period between (idk how long but i assume an hour) and do not sleep in it because that alone will cause nerve damage (when you sleep your pulse decreases, which makes the blood restricting binder restrict even more bloodflow).

I've heard of chafing on the nipples, if that's what you think it is. I believe some people will wear a layer underneath (if your binder is large enough) or baby powder, or something like that. IDK.

I heard if you wear them more then 8 hours then you could run into that problem. But I don't have one so I really don't know.

What kind of binder are you wearing? Maybe there's a problem with it. I normally wear my Underworks tri-top but I've been wearing gc2b full tank for the past few days since I returned to my much colder hometown for a few days and it's making me red on the sides now.

My binder is from the gc2b website but it isn't the tank

It sounds like it's decreasing circulation to them. As said, you should not wear it if it's causing any pain. Bearing through it will most likely cause permanent nerve damage/permanent pain and it will then make it very painful when you don't wear a bra basically. There are other options for the time being; you can try another brand of binder after your chest has healed, there are sports bras and some of them have compression (but it's nothing along the lines of a binder, but something is still something). Also, maybe you're wearing it too long. You're only supposed to wear it for 8 hours; if you want to wear it longer you need a break period between (idk how long but i assume an hour) and do not sleep in it because that alone will cause nerve damage (when you sleep your pulse decreases, which makes the blood restricting binder restrict even more bloodflow).

From what i understand iv'e followed all of the binder rules and yea i'll lay off it for a while the binder is from gc2b though so it shouldn't be a bad binder.

​I do have sensitive skin and nerve damage already (even before the binder) but if i'm forced to lay off it i will ;/

I've heard of chafing on the nipples, if that's what you think it is. I believe some people will wear a layer underneath (if your binder is large enough) or baby powder, or something like that. IDK.

See i personally don't think it's anything very bad or concerning

but it's uncomfortable alright and it very well could be this i'll try that for a day (i don't mean over 8 hours i normally wear it for under 3-4 hours anyways i don't go outside much) and if it continues i'll stop wearing it until my appointment.

If you already have nerve damage, then I'd really recommend talking to your doctor about it. If they don't know much about binders (they are just a GP, so they won't necessarily have run across gender things before) see if they can refer you to a gender therapist. The GP will be able to tell you what is safe to do for your body specifically, since you are a special case with nerve damage. Then, if binders as a thing are more dangerous for you as a result, a gender therapist can be helpful in getting you alternatives. It may be as simple as a breast reduction, so there's less to compress (if you want to keep your breasts), or a mastectomy to get rid of them (if you don't think you'll ever want breasts again).

Be very careful with nerve damage; with existing nerve damage, you may not be alerted by your body as soon as otherwise when there's something wrong :(

You should console to your doctor about this, they would give you advice on how to handle the situation you are in.

If you already have nerve damage, then I'd really recommend talking to your doctor about it. If they don't know much about binders (they are just a GP, so they won't necessarily have run across gender things before) see if they can refer you to a gender therapist. The GP will be able to tell you what is safe to do for your body specifically, since you are a special case with nerve damage. Then, if binders as a thing are more dangerous for you as a result, a gender therapist can be helpful in getting you alternatives. It may be as simple as a breast reduction, so there's less to compress (if you want to keep your breasts), or a mastectomy to get rid of them (if you don't think you'll ever want breasts again).

Be very careful with nerve damage; with existing nerve damage, you may not be alerted by your body as soon as otherwise when there's something wrong :(

Thank you, my appointment is in a couple of day's so i can talk about all of this eventually i'm almost certain i'm going to forget something though. My nerve damage is minor and to be honest i don't like alternatives i'll wear my binder but if it just means to get going on surgery faster then so be it i'll do it.

I'm planning on someday being flat chested so no big deal :)

If you're worried you'll forget to say everything you need to say to your doctor, you can also write up a list before you go. You can doa to-do list, or a bullet point list of topics you want to talk about. Or even write a letter, if you're worried you might not be able to say some things in the moment.

I take notes all the time, and they really help. I'm a bit scatter-brained, so sometimes I joke that if I don't write something down, it'll never get done. My life is a continuous pile of lists :P

If you're worried you'll forget to say everything you need to say to your doctor, you can also write up a list before you go. You can doa to-do list, or a bullet point list of topics you want to talk about. Or even write a letter, if you're worried you might not be able to say some things in the moment.

I take notes all the time, and they really help. I'm a bit scatter-brained, so sometimes I joke that if I don't write something down, it'll never get done. My life is a continuous pile of lists :P

Everything went well at my doctors i didn't mention the binder thing though i will at the next one i had so much on my mind i forgot and had a time limit also

Archived