After Much Research; This Is My First Post

misslynn

My name is Lynn. I'm in my mid-20s and I have been in one serious relationship in my life. It was long-distance and he was (he still is) remaining abstinent until marriage. So sex had never been a major problem.

Now that I'm back in the dating scene I realize just how heavily the majority of the population relates to sex. Truthfully it's been astounding to me and I've felt more than once I was drowning.

As an academic I knew of the Ace movement and its declaration as the "4th sexuality". The more I searched the concept and the more I dug deeper in myself I realized that I am, in fact, asexual.

As someone who is chronically ill my doctors and friends have wondered if I didn't want to get close to anyone on that account. I have friends, I have loved ones, I have family. There was a time before I was ill and hooking up or dating was never a priority.

First I was too busy with school, then taking care of my mother, taking care of myself, estabilishing my career.

I'm a social researcher and an academic. My forte is international relations.

Ironically I am a published erotica writer. But life is funny, isn't it?

I'm really looking forward to meeting people like me. My family. It's actually really exciting to be taking this step.

So it's a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope to foster some really amazing friendships.

Hello, welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake: :cake:

Really glad to hear that you figured yourself out! And I'm sorry about the illness. :( I'm sure that there are a lot of people here willing to befriend you, though! This community is so nice and so close, so I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Welcome to AVEN. :cake:

rainbow-cheesecake.jpg

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: I'm glad that you made your way here and joined!! We're happy to have you. : ) Researching can certainly help, and this community offers a lot. You'll find a lot of people here that can relate to you, and I'm sure you'll make friends in no time. We're a pretty nice and supportive bunch! And haha, it does seem ironic that you're an erotica writer, but I can relate. I'm not published, but all I've written is fantasy m/m romance/at times erotica. ;) Life is funny indeed. I'm glad that you're here to share that life with us. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

5841_en-us_large.jpg

SpiffyParadox

Hello, Lynn! And welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Glad you joined us.

Hope you enjoy your time here and make plenty of friends ^_^

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Glad you made your way here and I hope you enjoy being part of the community. The members are friendly and supportive, so don't hesitate to join in the conversations! :)

apieceofcake.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

redeemedrachel

Hi, Lynn. Welcome to AVEN from another newbie. It was also suggested to me that I might lack sexual appetite for the same reason I lack food appetite and vitality in general. While I'm not ruling out that possibility, I don't see it as easily fixable in my case.

welcome Lynn!

i wish you enjoy being member of this aweome community and have fun with your new friends!

Archived