My gender's a joke ._.

AVEN #1 fan

My mom can't accept I don't have a gender, she refuses to believe being genderless is possible, I feel so frustrated, she just ignores that I want to stay null and unidentifiable, she thinks it's her fault and my dad's, she says they must have traumatized me bc I am nothing of what they expected. I'm soooooo pissed off, like everyone know I don't have a gender and my parents refuses to believe some people don't want to take gender roles, I hate gender roles, and my mom thinks I have a problem bc I dislike male and female roles, anyway is there any other agender going through this? They laughed when I told them it disliked my sex's gender roles and wanted to be null. :/ -.-

I haven't come out to my parents yet so IDK what they'll think. I'm sorry your parents don't understand your gender. Maybe someday they'll come around but until then just know that we support you.

I haven't come out to my parents yet so IDK what they'll think. I'm sorry your parents don't understand your gender. Maybe someday they'll come around but until then just know that we support you.

They say they support me...however they think my whole sexuality is just an phase and I don't like it but they keep doing so, not just then, but my whole family, also I don't get It, I came out to the whole school and I never suffered any prejudice since then but with my family, they're so 20th century minded. :/ Good lucky on coming out, sweet, anyway I just can't deal with the fact my parents doesn't encourage me to do what I want to do, they just pretend and think I'm a stupid Lil kiddo. It bothers me a lot.

I'm sorry your family is giving you a hard time.

As corny as this might sound just stay true to yourself, it's all you really can do. They'll come around eventually or not and if the latter is the case just ignore them. You're you, unique, not a joke, a human being, you, never forget that. *hugs*

I'm sorry your family is giving you a hard time.

As corny as this might sound just stay true to yourself, it's all you really can do. They'll come around eventually or not and if the latter is the case just ignore them. You're you, unique, not a joke, a human being, you, never forget that. *hugs*

Alright, *hugs*, I don't rly need my parents approval, someday they'll realize I cannot be called called a he or a she or a they, I'm just an "it", an something u cant label in a tradicional gender spectrum and I'm still happy and human, even not taking roles. :)
Dodecahedron314

Ouch, I'm sorry your family is being so stubborn and narrow-minded. You can try to help them understand, but ultimately it's on them to make the final step to acceptance, and so at this point really all you can do is stick it out and wait for them to come around--after all, you can lead a horse to gender, but you can't make it think. I wish I could tell you differently, I really do, but a lot of times people have a hard time accepting things they don't understand, and just like you're the only one who can determine and validate your gender or lack thereof, they're the only ones who can process all this and decide where to go from there in terms of how they treat you, unfortunately. There's no magic acceptance potion that will make them instantly see and understand you for who you are, and frankly, in these situations that kinda sucks.

I wish I could help you out more, but all I can do is say to hang in there, and know that your own validation is all you need. Also, I can offer you some virtual sympathy cake and sushi. :cake: :cake: :cake: <- There's the cake, and the sushi is over here on the table. We have veggie rolls in case you're vegetarian/vegan.

I tried to talk to my mom about my gender issues, but then I realized it only hurt both her and me. I think, if your parents don't push you into any gender roles, the best solution is "not ask, not tell". If they actually try to do, the best answer is "I don't like that kind of activity/behaviour", without any mention of gender issues.

It's not easy to change other people's opinions, anyway, you can't do it as soon as you would like.

Dang some parents can be butthurt about these things. Are your folks religious? Thats gotta be it >:

Dang some parents can be butthurt about these things. Are your folks religious? Thats gotta be it >:

My whole family is Christian, however Christians doesn't have problems with gender neutral person, Jesus himself said that eunuchs (agender individuals) are destined to heaven just like gendered individuals, Matthew wrote that, however the bibble contradicts itself when it comes to homosexuality, it names it a sin, but agenders are ok, I don't think we'll ever understand this, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality though. :) :/

Angels are also described as being genderless. XD

My whole family is Christian, however Christians doesn't have problems with gender neutral person, Jesus himself said that eunuchs (agender individuals) are destined to heaven just like gendered individuals, Matthew wrote that, however the bibble contradicts itself when it comes to homosexuality, it names it a sin, but agenders are ok, I don't think we'll ever understand this, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality though. :) :/

Eunuchs aren't agender- they're castrated men who usually worked in royal harems or as servants because removing their reproductive parts took away their incentive for having a personal agenda in the situation- hence they were deemed more trustworthy.. It could be implied as a euphemism to agender in modern times or to being asexual, but that isn't the "literal" meaning of what they're referring to...

Eunuchs aren't agender- they're castrated men who usually worked in royal harems or as servants because removing their reproductive parts took away their incentive for having a personal agenda in the situation- hence they were deemed more trustworthy.. It could be implied as a euphemism to agender in modern times or to being asexual, but that isn't the "literal" meaning of what they're referring to...
Well eunuchs is also also a term that works for castrated women, and thinking on the fact castration is something very common for agenders, this is somewhat valid since Jesus didn't really refer to the gender these eunuchs had, they could have been male, female or agender. I really don't like interpreting the bible, it leads to different interpretations and I hate fighting over opinions, anybody can think what they want to think. :) I think of eunuch as anything that suffered genital mutilation by themselves or by others or were born this way.
Semtex in August

fuck them if they can't accept you for who you are

you know who you are

and in the end that is what matters most

I can be blunt and to the point at times

but I mean well

you know who you are

but I mean well

Sweet, u can't tell the persons whom created u to fuck off. ._.
I'd rather be in band.

I'm not agender, but I understand what you're going through to an extent. My mom mocks me for using my chosen name and it really gets on my nerves. :( I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Eventually, she'll have to accept it isn't a phase.

I'm not agender, but I understand what you're going through to an extent. My mom mocks me for using my chosen name and it really gets on my nerves. :( I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Eventually, she'll have to accept it isn't a phase.

I didn't even change my name, or my pronouns, maybe that's y they don't take it serious? I live somewhere where we r not able to legally change our names, I just kept my name and I attend to both he and she, I just like "it" more. XD

I'd rather be in band.

I didn't even change my name, or my pronouns, maybe that's y they don't take it serious? I live somewhere where we r not able to legally change our names, I just kept my name and I attend to both he and she, I just like "it" more. XD

I didn't change my name either. I just tell my friends to call me by the name that I chose. Also, only change your name if you feel like you'd be more comfortable. You don't have to change for others.

I didn't change my name either. I just tell my friends to call me by the name that I chose. Also, only change your name if you feel like you'd be more comfortable. You don't have to change for others.
All pronouns are okay for me, however it bothers me when people who knows my name call me by the opposite biological sex gender instead of "it/that."

I remember reading about them too xD My first step to "coming out" will probably be using the term gender non conforming which is kinda like saying I'm GQ without actually saying it just yet :P

Though its really unfortunate that they won't take you seriously, as you see I'm not "out" about it yet so I say I relate to your current situaiton x-x

you know who you are

but I mean well

yea ... kinda don't wanna do that. If you know the bible then you know what'll happen if you don't honor your parents too.

All pronouns are okay for me, however it bothers me when people who knows my name call me by the opposite biological sex gender instead of "it/that."

The only advice I could give is maybe try to explain it to them in full detail, and if you have to link them to the wikpedia page or whatever where they can read up on it. If they still have questions then pass them this video.

https://youtu.be/yyNWf_kvW44

This is the video that opened up my eyes and made me realize I wasn't alone in the universe and that there was a name for what I was feeling that that it was a thing that actually existed. Maybe that might help shed light on the situation (:

I remember reading about them too xD My first step to "coming out" will probably be using the term gender non conforming which is kinda like saying I'm GQ without actually saying it just yet :P

Though its really unfortunate that they won't take you seriously, as you see I'm not "out" about it yet so I say I relate to your current situaiton x-x

you know who you are

but I mean well

yea ... kinda don't wanna do that. If you know the bible then you know what'll happen if you don't honor your parents too.

The only advice I could give is maybe try to explain it to them in full detail, and if you have to link them to the wikpedia page or whatever where they can read up on it. If they still have questions then pass them this video.

This is the video that opened up my eyes and made me realize I wasn't alone in the universe and that there was a name for what I was feeling that that it was a thing that actually existed. Maybe that might help shed light on the situation (:

I already tried everything, they don't ignore it, they just don't take me serious, anyway I don't need their support, I just wanted them to treat me like if had no gender. .-.

Yep, I understand. "You just need to settle into your skin" was what I got. They love me and are okay with me having some more male things but they don't really think that I'm going to feel like this forever. Hello?? Do normal girls want to be a boy from the age of five and still not want to be a girl ten years later? I think not, phase indeed. Hmph. Also I haven't changed my name or pronouns either, well I have told both my parents and my best friend that I would like to be called Hope but no one calls me that and it's been at least two months. I've started signing my school stuff with my first name and Hope which some lads have made fun of. They keep saying hope and that so and so's middle name is Hope. Little do they realise that instead of making me upset it makes me happy

you could always just give them a taste of their own medicine, mess up their pronouns, misgender them, and then point out the hypocrisy if they dislike it, though it does seem a tad mean, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

you could always just give them a taste of their own medicine, mess up their pronouns, misgender them, and then point out the hypocrisy if they dislike it, though it does seem a tad mean, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I do it for my mom, my parents call me weird but srly my mom has female beard and my dad has man boobs. I always joke about them. XD

I also dislike gender rolls, I think it is the most ridiculous thing that people need to follow them because they are this particular gender. Coming out isn't easy, the reactions that people present is something that the individual can not predict. Don't let your parents make you feel like your gender identity is wrong. If they can not accept their own child's identity, then they are blind to see the beauty of their child figuring out who they truly are. I am questioning my gender at the moment, so I can't relate to how you are feeling. But I know that many people on here and in the world have gone through this, parents freaking out hysterically and not listening to their child when they explain them their newly discovered identity. Anyway, like I said, don't let your parents make you feel terrible, instead, brush those things your parents said away and be proud for who you are.

you know who you are

but I mean well

I already tried everything, they don't ignore it, they just don't take me serious, anyway I don't need their support, I just wanted them to treat me like if had no gender. .-.

Ohh x-x well I don't know how to help you then, good luck and hopefully they eventually come to take you seriously.

Archived