Hello, First time poster here!

Hello, I'd first like to start off by saying I'm a 22 year old virgin who has also not kissed anyone. I'm still in that questioning stage. I find girls aesthetically attractive (even some guys). I have had crushes on girls(not any guys yet) but not in a sexual manner even in my early to late teens(where most people start to find people sexually attractive). But in a I just love her personality and I want to hang out, watch movies, go out to dinner, play video games those kinds of things. I do have somewhat of a libido that shows up about once a week. But I'd rather just take care of that myself or sometimes just even ignore it. I honestly don't know where I fit in all of this. EDIT: I forgot to mention I feel kinda gross and somewhat of a remorse feeling after "taking care of it" But I'm not sex repulsed the general idea of it is okay in my mind, just not for me.

First off, hullo and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake:

AVEN is a great place to learn more about yourself and even others. Some asexuals have a libido and some don't, and some masturbate and some don't. Some even enjoy masturbating and some don't to just get "rid of it". As well as there are some asexuals who are sex-repulsed and those who are not or indifferent towards it. If you have any others questions, perhaps check out the hyperlink in my signature next to "Questions about asexuality?"

I wish you good luck with figuring it all out.

GwendolynAngel83

Hello there and welcome :) I'm glad you've come to our little corner of the Internet. Everyone here is pretty friendly and open so feel free to throw questions you might have at us and we'll do our best. I hope your period of self-discovery goes well for you :)

Hello and welcome! This is a great place with tons of info to help with your self-exploration. :cake:

You can still feel aesthetic attraction and have a libido if you're asexual. Asexuality basically just comes down to whether you feel sexual attraction and/or a desire for partnered sex.

Good luck figuring everything out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Hello and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

w2kq4h.jpg

I define "asexuality" as "no desire for partnered sex." Other possible definitions are "an enduring lack of sexual desire for others" as well as "an enduring lack of sexual inclinations/feelings towards others." Basically, an "asexual" person isn't drawn towards sexual interaction with others. Beyond that, it varies from person to person, regardless of sexual orientation. Many people seem to inaccurately equate "asexuality" with things that have more to do with personality traits (such as introversion) or general interests and preferences (such as aversion to touch or dislike of kisses), which even "sexual" people can have and share (some "sexual" people don't like to hold hands or don't have "sex dreams" and so on). Ultimately, I think it's okay to be whatever sexuality we happen to be and I embrace any attitude that helps people love and accept themselves for who they are with whatever preferences they have and whatever lifestyle brings them happiness (as long as it's "Safe, Sane, and Consensual," of course).

It sounds like you are asexual, but do have an romantic attraction. There are many different kinds of romantic attractions, so you should find one that fits you the best.