HeyoDamo posts a new asexuality video

deltaX

The asexual youtuber HeyoDamo just posted a video addressing the misconception that asexuals are really just gay.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw2hNI7zRaE

Personally, I think the video was really good. He made it entertaining, but also addressed some serious stereotypes that many of us in the asexual community have faced. It's very refreshing to have stuff like this show up in my subscription feed :cake:

I saw this! I've been subscribed to him since he came out as asexual, as I was just figuring out that I am too and stumbled across the video. I love all of the stuff he puts out especially his vlogs, he's really funny. I can't lie, when I saw the title of the video I held my breath. I didn't want one of my favourite youtuber's and especially one I can really relate to, to suddenly be like "yikes I'm not asexual after all" which probably sounds bad. But yeah, its a really good video.

He made me smile, I would love to be his friend. I can certainly relate to it. A lot of people just assume that I am gay. Since I haven't really came out to anybody about being ace, I can understand how some people may think that. I don't really see it as an insult, but more of frustration how people just assume that just because of the way I act or dress. If I did come out to someone and they're still convinced that I'm gay, then I would be pretty upset. I know that my mom and grandma still think that I'm gay even though they "know" that I'm ace. :huh: <_<

Archived