ACsexuality due to hormonal-based changes?

Maybe in some rare cases but not usually.

I have been tested.

Results: perfectly normal.

-Greybird

At times my body may go for months producing no testosterone, but then my thoughts, feelings, etc. indicated asexuality for about 10 years before I had any problem with hormones.

Low hormone levels can cause having no sex drive and desire for sex but it cannot cause that you don't feel attracted by somebody.

I've had my hormones tested and they are all perfectly within the average limits. I do not believe abnormal hormone levels can cause asexuality any more than they can cause homo or hetero-sexuality. Hormones often affect sex drive, but that has absolutely nothing to do with orientation.

I had a growth hormone deficiency when I was young, but I got treatment and I've matured at the normal rate (perhaps a little late). I posess a sex drive, so I'm pretty sure I've got healthy hormone levels. I'm just not attracted to other people. The sex drive is directionless. It's not a matter of hormones, I think, it's really genuinely a state of mind or something. I haven't got it all figured out yet, but I'm in no hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have hormone deficiency, but even if I really take hormones to balance it, my orientation is still the same weird mix with prevailing asexuality so I guess no, it doesn't affect the orientation.

It doesn't affect the sex drive in myself that I would notice either, but seriously affects the body image I have and the mood state.

Can't really answer because I haven't been checked, but I'm pretty sure I'm normal in terms of sex-drive and so on too, so...

To echo others, I reckon it can effect sex-drive, not attraction.

I see no reason to think my hormones are wonky. My cycles are regular, I don't have a mustache, and I get horny the same as anyone (although not necessarily anyone on this board, as some don't ;)). There's sex drive and there's orientation.

A lot of sexuals (all?) like to masturbate, even when they've got someone to have sex with. I mean, people will go off on their own and take care of it while the spouse is in the other room. It's not because the spouse is no good or anything but because sometimes, they just want to get it over and done and not make a big deal out of it. And it's just a personal thing to take care of it yourself, knowing what you like...it's quick and clean and isn't a reflection on the partner's looks or abilities at all.

In a roundabout way, I wonder if there's not something similar with asexuality, except that an asexual never wants to do it with the partner, rather than just some that way and some the other way. Rather than certain days when "quick and painless" is the better option, it's all the time.

I haven't been tested either so I couldn't tell ya

Likewise.