question for married sexuals who weren't aware their partner was asexual

creepqveen

Lets assume for one reason or another that you weren't aware that your partner was asexual when you married (perhaps they hadn't yet discovered that about themselves), if you could have known beforehand that they were asexual, would you have still married them?

I'm not married, but I still would marry my partner regardless, yes.

Autumn Season

I'm not in this situation, but I read several posts in which the sexual partner said that they would not have married.

I wouldn't consider it to be a full union, so possibly would have to have had a serious chat beforehand, provided the partner knew what they were like.

Honestly, I don't know. If I'd known what would happen, the attraction would still have been there, but the thought of sex withering on the vine before I was forty, never being desired, and the whole thing becoming a source of tension rather than joy would give me huge cause for concern.

If there had been just no sex from the beginning, then definitely not. It wouldn't be a 'relationship' relationship, just friends. Great, close, friends, but we could have the pleasures of friendship without the strain that the absence of sex in a marriage brings for a sexual person.

Archived