Map puzzle

AVEN #1 fan

So, I've been thinking about all the different kinds of orientations for cis persons and queer individuals, and I just reminded that our community lacks an "map", as a map I mean something u can check and find what u r attracted to and in which way easily, and I was wondering if u ppl can help me organize it x3, so here are my first thoughts about it, pls correct me if I am wrong, gimme ur opinions and comment if u can't find ur orientation below. So this map works for both sexual and romantic (romantic/alterous) orientations:

Everything begins with the white spectrum, there we have 3 orientations under the same spot:

Asexual/Aromantic - person whose doesn't feel sexual/romantic attractions towards anyone of any gender/sex;

Apothisexual/apothiromantic - person who doesn't feel sexual/romantic attractions towards anyone of any gender/sex AND is averse to sex/romance.

Autosexual/autoromantic/autoalterous - person whose feels attracted sexually/romantically/emotionally to themselves, BUT doesn't necessarily masturbate.

Then comes the gray area, let's skip this because we must talk about the allosexual/alloromantic (person whose feels sexual/romantic attractions) spectrum aka the black area:(I'm marking the spots according to the maximal number of different genders/sexes someone with given orientation can feel attracted to

1st spot:

Heterosexual/heteromantic/heteroalterous - sexually/romantic/emotionally attracted towards the opposite gender AND sex;

Homosexual/homoromantic/homoalterous - sexually/romantic/emotionally attracted towards the same sex/gender;

Ceterosexual/ceteromantic/ceteroalterous aka skilosexual/skiloromantic/skiloalterous aka skoliosexual/skolioromantic/skolioalterous aka transromantic/transalterous (I have no idea if the term "transsexual" could be used as an sexualidade attraction >.< sry for my ignorance) - attracted to 1 type of queer person sexually/romantically/emotionally (with the only exception of transromantic/transalterous, they only represent romantic/emotional attraction).

2nd spot: (finally! XD)

Monosexual/monoromantic (there isn't an alterous variant for this one bc it's based on sexual/romantic attractions only) - attracted to 1 gender/sex in one of ur orientations but attracted to 2 or more in the other.you have alterous attraction). Example: an individual feels attracted romantically to cis males and cis females (biromantic), but only feels sexual attraction towards cis females, then this person could be labeled as an monosexual.

3rd spot: (things are getting clear now ;3)

Bisexual/biromantic/bialterous - attracted sexually/romantically/emotionally to 2 different genders/sexes. *NOTE: if you are not attracted to 2 genders/sexes but attracted to masculinity or/and femininity or/and androgynous sexually/romantically/emotionally, then u r an ambisexual/ambiromantic/ambialterous.

4th spot: (now everything is complicated again ._. But keep reading xD)

There we have 2 variants for the "same thing:

Androsexual/androromantic/androalterous: attracted to masculinity sexually/romantically/emotionally, being andro means a person likes cis males, trans males , transgender females, demiboys, etc. It's often used by queer individuals such as agenders (like me XP) to specify they either like cis males or trans males and cis males sexually/romantically/emotionally, overall they are attracted to masculinity;

Gynosexual/gynoromamtic/gynoalterous aka gynesexual/gyneromantic/gynealterous: attracted to femininity sexually/romantically/emotionally (just like as with androsexuals/androromamtics/androalterous).

5th spot: (this is gonna twist ur head xD) these share the same spot:

Ambisexual/ambiromantic/ambialterous - attracted to masculinity and femininity sexually/romantically/emotionally, it can also means sexual/romantic/emotional attraction towards androgynous and cis persons but no attraction of any type for agender persons. *NOTE: an queer person that identifies like this and likes cis males and trans females sexually/romantically/emotionally you can be labeled as an bisexual/biromantic/bialterous OR as an ambisexual/ambiromantic/ambialterous, well then what if you don't have restrictions (you like cis males, cis females and androgynous somehow, but not agenders)? You are an genuine ambisexual/ambiromantic/ambialterous then;

Polysexual/polyromantic/polyalterous - attracted sexually/romantically/emotionally towards 3 or more genders/sexes but not them all, there are some contractions here: if you like masculinity and femininity and/or androgynous individuals instead of gender/sexes, then u r an ambisexual/ambiromamtic/ambialterous.

6th spot: (this one makes me feel better about humanity <3)

Pansexual/panromantic/panalterous aka omnisexual/omniromantic/omnialterous - attracted sexually/romantically/emotionally to ANY person independently from what this person's gender/sex is.

(Congrats u've readen this far, but we are not done yet >.<)

There is the gray spectrum (asexual/aromantic area) among the white spectrum (asexual/aromantic area) and the black spectrum (allosexual/alloromantic area), but let's talk about this in the ending of this post briefly.

Back to the black spectrum, there is something called flexibility - that means a person knows it's attractions but is willing to make an exception if they fall in love with a person from a gender/sex they aren't attracted to depending on anyway given orientation. It's kinda related to pansexual/panromantic/panalterous attractions,but it's like if u had "preferences" (sorry for that term) towards genders/sexes.

So let's spot the flexible areas in the black area.

1st spot: (these 3 share the same spot, again we are putting the orientations in order from the less possible number of genders/sexes someone is attracted to to the maximal number)

So these 3 orientations cover all the area among hetero/homo/cetero/skolio/trans orientations and the "bi" orientations, the "mono" orientations r located in the middle of that area as well:

Heteroflexible - attracted sexually/romantically/emotionally to the opposite gender AND sex BUT could also feel attracted to someone independently it's gender/sex sexually/romantically/emotionally, most of the time under specific circumstances;

Homoflexible - "same" as Heteroflexible but your sexual/romamtic/emotional attraction is towards the same gender/sex;

Ceteroflexible/skolioflexible/transflexible/skiloflexible - "same" as heteroflexible and homoflexible but your sexual/romantic/emotional attraction (romantic/emotional attraction only in transflexible case) is towards queer persons.

2nd spot: this orientation covers the area among the "bi" orientations and the andro/gyno/gyne orientations:

Biflexible: attracted to 2 genders/sexes sexually/romantically/emotionally BUT could also like someone independently it's gender/sex sexually/romantically/emotionally, usually under specific circumstances.

3rd and last spot: this orientation range from the andro/gyno/gyne orientations till the "pan" orientation.

Polyflexible: attracted to various genders/sexes (more than 3) sexually/romantically/emotionally BUT could also like someone independently it's gender/sex sexually/romantically/emotionally, usually under certain circumstances.

Now here comes the gray area or gray spectrum, both white and gray areas belongs to you asexual/aromantic spectrum, there are many orientations there, so many I can't even name them all DX sry I need help here, well a person is in the gray area when that person depends on some conditions or circumstances to feel sexual/romantic/alterous attraction, some persons there rarely experience those, here are a few examples of the gray area, it's hard to classify them bc they all should go in the same spot with the exception of the WTFsexual/wtfromamtic aka the quoisexual/quoiromamtic attractions (there isn't such as wtfalterous or quoioalterous) bc they belong to another kind of "map" classifiying, and are always followed by 1 kind of attraction from the black spectrum, and by the way you can also have more than 1 gray oroentation. Example: demi-heterosexual sapio-heteromantic, cupio-monosexual akio-biromamtic, gray-ceterosexual polyromantic (gray is also also a term under the gray spectrum), demi-gray-recipro-heterosexual demi-ceteroromantic polyalterous, well pretty much confusing right? DX

Anyone could pls tell me if gay/lesbian could be used to describe homoromantic persons?

Oh also, skilosexuality/skiloromantism/skiloalterous are the same things as soliosexual/skoliromantic/skolioalterous.

Oh my god. No.

I can't even read all this. It overwhelms my brain.

It doesn't really matter if you are sure of what you are, so don't read it unless u get doubts about it. ;)

Tbh I'm not sure, but I've (mostly) given up caring, so. And these terms wouldn't serve to do anything but confuse me more.

Well, if u have any doubt u can ask me, my orientations are very likely messed up now I've been there already. XP

I think I'm good. I've been here over 11 years... mostly made my peace with where I'm at.

Woah, well call urself whatever u want then. :)

Anyone could pls tell me if gay/lesbian could be used to describe homoromantic persons?

Yes, some homoromantics use gay or lesbian to describe themselves, but others are also against that because those are well known terms to mean homosexual.

Awkward JoJoeh

Me likes this...

That is all.

Go home now.

Yes, you! Go home.

No! I don't want chocolate milk!

Okay, I'll take it...

What're you still doing here?

What exactly are you saying you like?

Also, are you as high as your icon looks? lol

Well.....that escalated quickly.

Archived