As an asexual, do you wish to reproduce?

Augustus

As an asexual, do you wish to reproduce?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. As an asexual, do you wish to reproduce?

• Yes, but only with a spouse/very close partner
    • Yes, doesn't matter with whom so much, as long as I have a kid
    • Yes, but not through sex; it must be artificial insemination
    • No, but I may adopt
    • No, I never want any kids
    • I am undecided
  2. 2. Are you male or female?

• Male
    • Female
    • Intersex
  3. 3. At least how many kids do you want?

• 6 or more
    • Not sure, we'll see

This poll is closed to new votes

Maybe sex isn't your pastime, but maybe you want to have a family life or simply want to pass your genes on like any animal. Maybe you will do it for money. Who knows? Answer the poll, already!

No kids. Ever. Not even adoption. There will be other circumstances where I'd raise a kid, but not through my own will.

I'm an asexual female, and really don't want to have kids. The only way I could even imagine myself raising a child is through adoption, but even that is something I don't really want. So yeah, most likely no kids for me! :cake:

I'm indifferent. It will really depend on if I have a partner and what they want, though I would much prefer to adopt than give birth. Though if my future partner is female and wants to make babies then more power to them. It's hard for me to really picture since I'm in no position to raise kids right now.

No Kids but I want adopt. Not only one, may be two or three nice,little girls.

Morning Glory

For myself... I've always loved kids and I still do. I even worked in a daycare once and I loved it; the dirty diapers and puke did not deter me in the least. I've always fantasized about what it might be like to be pregnant and have kids, to which my family and friends would always say "usually one would at least get a boyfriend/girlfriend first." Since they knew where I stood on getting in a relationship.

I personally don't agree with artificial insemination, but I'm all for the idea of adoption. Though I'm not interested in sex I am very curious about what being pregnant would be like and I wouldn't mind experiencing it... But that whole sex thing is- *grumbles* it'd be so much easier if we actually could reproduce asexually. ;p (like nemecians.) I'm not exactly focused on the whole "passing down my genes" thing, though they're not exactly the greatest genes to begin with anyways. It's mostly the experience.

A friend joked about finding me a guy if I'm ever thinking about seriously having kids. Saying he does match making with his cattle and other livestock all the time. XD he assured me he'd find a genetically ideal match. I laughed and thanked him for the offer but declined.

*flops* ... ... I'd really like to have kids. And if I were I'd rather it be with someone very close to me. But it's hard for me to picture myself in a romantic relationship. The closest I got was a very close friendship while sharing lives with one another*, which actually was very appealing to me. Made me curious about this preview I saw about two best friends who both wanted kids so they thought they should just try it out together.

[Edit: *meaning the closest thing to a romantic relationship I could imagine myself being in.]

No, pregnancy is sooo scary to me!

A living thing growing inside of you, rearranging your organs, making you sick, emotional--basically just constant discomfort for approx. 9 months? Not to mention what happens to your body during the actual delivery. It's all like something out of a surrealist horror film. (◕⌂◕)

Morning Glory

A living thing growing inside of you, rearranging your organs, making you sick, emotional--basically just constant discomfort for approx. 9 months? Not to mention what happens to your body during the actual delivery. It's all like something out of a surrealist horror film. (◕⌂◕)

I'm aware of all of that and I agree; it is scary when I view it in a certain light, but I'm far too fascinated and curious to be all that freaked out. Tbh: I'm more worried about my moral views of the world, society, mankind, and the uncertainty of our future. That is one of the biggest things that will make me hesitate in actually bringing a child into the world.

And if you want scary, I can tell you scary things~! >;3 mwahahahahah! Ever wonder where some alien movies got their ideas? Heheheheh! (If anyone wants to know please tell me how to do spoilers so I don't traumatized any innocent minds too easily.)

I'm aware of all of that and I agree; it is scary when I view it in a certain light, but I'm far too fascinated and curious to be all that freaked out. Tbh: I'm more worried about my moral views of the world, society, mankind, and the uncertainty of our future. That is one of the biggest things that will make me hesitate in actually bringing a child into the world.

And if you want scary, I can tell you scary things~! >;3 mwahahahahah! Ever wonder where some alien movies got their ideas? Heheheheh! (If anyone wants to know please tell me how to do spoilers so I don't traumatized any innocent minds too easily.)

It's completely your decision, of course! I just think that being pregnant requires a certain strength that I don't have.

Oh, yes! Tell me, tell me~! I love scary stories (when they aren't happening to me)! :lol: To put spoilers I think you have to put [ spoiler ] stuff you wanna say [ / spoiler ] but without the spaces

I don't want children.

It's starting to become clear why we don't account for much of the population. We don't seem to want to create our share of it! =P

If an "asexual" person has a biological child, that doesn't automatically mean the child will be "asexual," too. Sexual orientation is most likely a combination of nature and nurture, therefore, not necessarily something that can be passed down through genes.

It's starting to become clear why we don't account for much of the population. We don't seem to want to create our share of it! =P

If an "asexual" person has a biological child, that doesn't automatically mean the child will be "asexual," too. Sexual orientation is most likely a combination of nature and nurture, therefore, not necessarily something that can be passed down through genes.

Hands up every ace on here who has two asexual parents....! I'd be surprised if more than one or two folks were to shout "here!" in all of AVEN's 77000-ish user base. ;)

Probably won't even be all that many who have even one ace parent. (While there will be a few hands raised there, I have no doubt that it will still be the minority.)

Hands up every ace on here who has two asexual parents....! I'd be surprised if more than one or two folks were to shout "here!" in all of AVEN's 77000-ish user base. ;)

Probably won't even be all that many who have even one ace parent. (While there will be a few hands raised there, I have no doubt that it will still be the minority.)

Yeah, my parents (biological and step) are definitely "sexual" people.

Yeah, my parents (biological and step) are definitely "sexual" people.

Likewise (just biological ones here, though). I suspect my paternal grandma might have been ace, but other than her, I'm pretty certain everyone is/was sexual in my family (including my dad and my uncle, so if granny was ace, she didn't pass it onto her sons).

Morning Glory

It's completely your decision, of course! I just think that being pregnant requires a certain strength that I don't have.

Oh, yes! Tell me, tell me~! I love scary stories (when they aren't happening to me)! :lol: To put spoilers I think you have to put [ spoiler ] stuff you wanna say [ / spoiler ] but without the spaces

Thanks!

My insect instructor told us that many alien movies were actually inspired from the insect world. One aspect in particular reflects Parasitoids; which are certain types of insects that have a unique step in their reproduction. I believe species of wasps are parasitoids. The pregnant female will target a host and inject her eggs inside of it. The eggs will grow and hatch inside the host and then proceed to eat their way out. In one documentary I seen the caterpillar was still alive after but the process effected it in some way, resulting in it using its thread to make a protective barrier around the babies and guarding over them until it eventually died from predators, cold or starvation, completely missing it's chance to morph into a butterfly. It's pretty interesting stuff, terrifying as it is. There are even spiders that will eat their mother as soon as they hatch; then again many creatures die soon after giving birth to provide their babies with food and nutrients to ensure they have the best start in life.

The Terrible Travis

Despite being only 14, I just can't fend off the desire of wanting kids. I've always loved children (No, not in that way, you weirdo. Okay, maybe once. BUT IT WAS ONE TIME.) and I think it'd be awesome to have one of my own. Maybe not now, because well I'm wasting my time with school, but perhaps sometime in the future. The very far off future...

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

mild TMI

I am biologically female, and mentally a woman. I am also a sex-repulsed ace and aro.
But I want a baby so badly! I want MY baby, despite the fact there is a chance they will be on the Autism spectrum because I am. I want to be pregnant, I want my child growing inside me. To feel them and sing to them. I want to breast feed them and rock them, and even change them. I am not as excited about actually giving birth, and about the crap sides of being pregnant, but I dare say I will cope.

Huh, I guess that means that I would take excruciating pain of childbirth over sex, because despite all this I will NEVER HAVE SEX. The very thought makes me feel sick! (for me, I don't care if the rest of the population is at it like rabbits, that doesn't bother me). So artificial insemination it is, one day, when I can be the best solo mother I can, and when I can afford it.

Anthracite_Impreza

No human kids for me thanks :x

Question 2, there is no option for those who cannot produce sperm/ ova and don't want kids.

Even if I was capable I wouldn't have children, I can't relate to them at all.

Question 2, there is no option for those who cannot produce sperm/ ova and don't want kids.

Even if I was capable I wouldn't have children, I can't relate to them at all.

This question actually got away from me. Since people on AVEN seem to be all over the place about what male or female is, I made it clear that I was talking about biology (since this is about reproduction) and used the descriptions I did to refer to that. It wasn't strictly asking for fertile men and women to respond, but I can see why it looks exactly like that.

I don't want children.

I never said that it's strictly that, but it's hardly a longshot to say that you're more likely to get an asexual from another asexual. If they share half our traits, then that's just simply going to be more likely.

Nah, the world has too many people anyway. Okay. That came out wrong.

But the point still stands.

Also I have some health problems I'd hate to pass down and pregnancy isn't my cup of tea.

Maybe I'll adopt one day. It's sad to think of all the kids who don't have anyone.

I definitely do not want kids, though it's got nothing to do with my being ace. I would never be mentally stable enough to take care of/love a child and that's just me being honest. I'd be a shit parent so genuinely don't see it happening?

Sure, I'd like a little kid some day, maybe, when my partner and I are ready :blush:

But I'm not interested in having a kid just for the sake of having a kid. I'd like to have a kid specifically with my partner. Only if he'll be the dad :wub:

I don't love kids. I never have. I used to hate them all but now I'm more like, well, they're people. You like some, and some are obnoxious. You wouldn't ask someone if they like adults, would you? They don't make sense as a group. It all depends on the individual.

Whenever I imagine us with a little one, it's usually just one kid, but who knows? :3

Archived